PDA

View Full Version : TR: Anniversary - Get for PC, or wait for PS3?

TJF588
02-20-2011, 12:22 PM
Mind that I'm not urgent to play any Tomb Raider games, so I can wait for the price to come back down again and/or for the PS3 upgrades to drop in price.

Basically, I'm just looking at Anniversary. Yeah, I can hear the "Dude, it's only two-and-a-half bucks!"s, but my backlog (even just for Steam) is massive, and while my laptop would apparently run Underworld well enough according to Can You Run It?, I think my biggest question is, Which controls would be best for this game?"

2D platformers? Sure. If I played strategy games? Sure. First-person shooters? If you mean primarily Portal, then yes. However, I'm not sure how well a game like this would feel on a keyboard, and I read in another thread that the controls make for frustrating boss battles, so assuming money and extras are non-issues, would this game do noticeably better on a DualShock rather than my board-o'-keys (don't have a USB controller, and I haven't managed to jigger my DS3 to act as one)?

Extras considered, though, trophies, PS Home crap, and another theme to collect... Yeah, I'm pithy, but I may, may just hold out for the "Trilogy" anyway, especially since there's little to make a PC copy distinctive (no cheevos, not interested in mods, if they exist (maaaybe a nude one, but it prolly wouldn't be worth it)).

Phoenix210
02-20-2011, 12:31 PM
I love this game. But only with my 360 Controller.I wouldn't recommend kb + mouse for this type of games. Get a good gamepad or an adaptor for your preferred (PS3) if you want to play them on the PC. Of course, this means extra $$$...

Sampo
02-20-2011, 12:40 PM
I actually switched from a 360 controller back to keyboard and mouse while playing Underworld, just because it felt more natural to me when looking around. The movement is definitely refined with controllers in mind, though.

Phoenix210
02-20-2011, 02:46 PM
I know what you mean. Underworld feels a bit weird from time to time when using a gamepad.

woolerland
02-20-2011, 02:50 PM
get for pc, you can use the ps3 controller for your pc flawlessly with motionjoy ps3 driver. i do.

TJF588
02-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Whoops, didn't check back in on the thread in time. Eh, not much of a loss for me, though. I'm in a funk today, anyway, so I haven't even booted up Hyperdimension Neptunia. I'll catch Anniversary another day (maybe exactly a year from now...?)

get for pc, you can use the ps3 controller for your pc flawlessly with motionjoy ps3 driver. i do.
I've tried to get that to work, but haven't had any success. May be something about my system, or my lack of Bluetooth, or somethin'. Wish I could get it to work, though. Then again, my sister's boyfriend recently got an Xbox 360, but then again again, dat D-pad...

kotkata
02-23-2011, 02:16 PM
I haven't experienced any problems using mouse and keyboard. It's not like its a complicated game, mostly WASD and the jump and shoot buttons. Using the mouse to look around isn't bad at all.