PDA

View Full Version : Still Never Got An Answer To My Ban....

chernobyl360
02-20-2011, 12:56 PM
This is so Pathetic. Its been over a year and i still havent got an answer to why i got a ban. I played on one server in CSS, and i had gotten a double with the sniper rifle. Then all of sudden Admin is freaking out at me. *YOU CHEATED, THAT KILL ISNT EVEN POSSIBLE!* and yes i know ive been banned in cod 4. i joined a server, then got a one of those infections or w/e you people call them. joined a server and i some how was able to see through the wall. so i told the admin, he banned me cuase he thought i was using a client hack. so now all ive been able to play is killing floor, motor max and stalker cop. it wont even allow me to install my valve pack becuase of this rediculous ban. For a whole YEAR, i havent been able to play about about 10 of my valve games. even the single player half life games. yes i have gta 4,splinter cell, and jericho. those dont work but thats another issue to fix.

Gone'Postal
02-20-2011, 01:00 PM
Valve won't disclose why an account has a VAC ban, nor when the infraction took place.

You can wait 1 year or 10.

ASecondOpinion
02-20-2011, 01:03 PM
You aren't VAC banned on Single Player games... They don't have VAC...

Server Admins can't VAC ban you, either.

VAC is entirely automated. If you get VAC banned, VAC has detected a cheat used on your account.

~SW
02-20-2011, 01:42 PM
You aren't VAC banned on Single Player games... They don't have VAC...

Server Admins can't VAC ban you, either.

VAC is entirely automated. If you get VAC banned, VAC has detected a cheat used on your account.

What he said. The only way to get rid of the vac ban is to create a new account & buy your games on it.

Zefar
02-20-2011, 01:51 PM
Have you in some way mixed up DISABLED account and VAC banned account?

Because VAC only blocks you on MW2 online play completely and then in other games is just won't let you join a secure server.

Lefty Loosy
02-21-2011, 04:38 AM
Having your exact username pop up on hacking sites, recorded Punkbuster bans and more, doesn't really help your case.

Boske
02-21-2011, 08:02 AM
while this guy may have cheated, i still think it is ridiculous they won't say why you got banned

i know why i got banned from mw2 (hosting gun game mod)
but then i got banned from black ops and l4d2 (haddent played in over 4 months and suddenly banned :s) without any reason afaik.
i'd like to know why i got banned so i can fix whatever messed up vac.
i would buy black ops again if i knew i wouldnt be banned for no reason, but they just wont tell me so i cant even do that

eram
02-21-2011, 08:05 AM
The details of the ban will not be provided

Steam Support will not disclose the cheats that were detected running on your system or the date and time the infraction took place. Any requests for this information will be ignored.
VAC may not ban you immediately - the cheating violation may have occurred days or even weeks before the ban is apparent on your account.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4044-QDHJ-5691