PDA

View Full Version : Please help. Any advice appreciated

st8khouse
02-20-2011, 05:53 PM
Hello everyone,

Purchased this a few days ago and have been unable to play it. I read the forums here, at the official site and other areas and have had no luck.

The game starts out fine, but once I get dropped off from the ship at the beginning, the game starts to stutter and its unplayable from there on out. I've tried everything mentioned here, from the advanced graphic settings to the config file changes.

Please help in getting this game running. I'll post my rig settings below, but just fyi, I was able to play assasins creed 2 on this machine with everything maxed out with out any issues, so i know that I should be able to play this as well.

My specs:
Vista Home Premium 64bit
Intel Core 2 Duo P7450 @ 2.13GHz
4GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GS (installed the latest drivers yesterday).

Your help and consideration in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Asuterisuku
02-20-2011, 09:09 PM
... The only difference between your system and mine is the processor (T6500). I managed to get it to play by setting it to Medium; the game still looks fine (if a little dated) and is perfectly playable.

st8khouse
02-20-2011, 09:25 PM
... The only difference between your system and mine is the processor (T6500). I managed to get it to play by setting it to Medium; the game still looks fine (if a little dated) and is perfectly playable.

hey, thanks for the info. i'll down the settings to 'medium'

quick question - did you mess around with the config file at all? currently, my default FPS, in the file, is set to 0. and the slider in the game is also set to 0. should i revert it back to default 30?

AzzX
02-20-2011, 09:41 PM
Set shadow quality to low and adjust from there. I got the same stutter in various areas which seemed to be an environmental issue.

AzzX
02-20-2011, 09:43 PM
hey, thanks for the info. i'll down the settings to 'medium'

quick question - did you mess around with the config file at all? currently, my default FPS, in the file, is set to 0. and the slider in the game is also set to 0. should i revert it back to default 30?

I have mine set to 60fps with vsync on. This all can be done in game via advanced graphic options.

Sami69
02-21-2011, 01:28 PM
Shadow setting to medium, enbale timeslice shadow update, vegetation quality try high and af off or 4x, i don't know if you noticed but there is framerate limiter at graphics options and id suggest capping it to 40. Its not that bad and you get used to it in no time. I started to play this again a while a go and it struck me again how dated and how jerky gameplay is but now i have played it like 12h and it somehow looks like buttersmooth.

BrokenFang
03-25-2011, 07:28 PM
This game is based on the GameBryo engine, and having your Hard Drive Defragged is a major plus, as the game streams a lot of data from the disk. This will help alleviate some stuttering as textures load.

this was a good game, I had 96 hours in.

gg