PDA

View Full Version : I have a Spell Failure Issue when I entered Duskwood Grove in Act 2

alison22000
02-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Hi, Me and my party members have just been accused of killing the village etc and I have made my way to Duskwood, well to be precise, we are currently in Duskwood Grove, just before I meet up with the Dryad surrounded by her 5 Animals.

just as we entered from the world travel, we began talking near some cut down tree's, Elanee was speaking about something wrong with the area, similar to the Tree's/Roots or the ground has been poisoned in some way.

Anyway just after that talk, I have noticed that every single portrait of every Familiar, summoned animal and mt Party members/Companions, we all have an Icon next to our portraits that all have Spell Failure.

This has never popped up before that I have noticed, and even if it were to have, it certainly hasn't been on every single person or animal in my group.

Now to my question, is this spell failure issue I have due to the fact that the area we are located in is harmed in some way, such as the tree's or ground is poisoned or damaged in a way that we need to solve as a side quest or part of the story line?

I only ask is that it is very unusual that every one of my members are to all recieve this Spell Failure, when we do not appear to have anything such as the wrong armor on the wrong person etc, as I have tested to see if it would go away by actually removing every piece of armor and weaponry from every party member, but that didn't change the issue.

I am guessing that it is due to the Duskwood Grove area that I am about to investigate, but I would like some kind of confirmation on this, as if I have hit a bug or game issue, I really need to know how I am able to fix this.

Thank you for your time, and Enjoy :)

PS: Just in case you need to know, this is my party members and my class levels.

Elanee
Sand
Khelgar
Shandra

Myself, I have Level 5 Druid, Level 5 Sorcerer, Level 4 Spirit Shaman and Level 4 Wizard.

Thanks.

rusticdog
02-20-2011, 10:05 PM
Now to my question, is this spell failure issue I have due to the fact that the area we are located in is harmed in some way, such as the tree's or ground is poisoned or damaged in a way that we need to solve as a side quest or part of the story line?

Yes, you cannot cast spells in this area. I don't believe you ever are able to no matter how you resolve that quest though I might be wrong. With that party makeup I guess you just want to substitute some of the spell casters out for the melee characters.

alison22000
02-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Yes "rusticdog" you were correct, once I left the area, the spell failure had left. I hope this will help other people who have a similar issue at this area of the game.

@ rusticdog Thanks for your help and I have given you a +1 rep point for your helping me with this. Take care. :)