PDA

View Full Version : Merge l4d and l4d2

iom20022001
02-21-2011, 07:55 AM
That is what i said and hoped.

Include the last 3 maps (and crash course), in l4d2 is a good way to do a complete game.

But please don't forget to include permanent mutation: "play like in Original".

I mean only with boomer smoker and hunters no defib no melee...

TheCombatMedic
02-21-2011, 08:11 AM
After playing L4D2's VS, I don't see a reason to go back to a game where corner camping and auto shotguns were the way to win.

Gurluas
02-21-2011, 08:57 AM
After playing L4D2's VS, I don't see a reason to go back to a game where corner camping and auto shotguns were the way to win.

Try to play T1 only games.
For many l4d1 is still the superior game mostly due to the gameplay and the superior consistency of the game.

For instance body awareness, better viewmodels, and for some a better more polished gameplay. A good team can easily beat cornercampers.

DoubleSpenny
02-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Try to play T1 only games.
For many l4d1 is still the superior game mostly due to the gameplay and the superior consistency of the game.

For instance body awareness, better viewmodels, and for some a better more polished gameplay. A good team can easily beat cornercampers.

Okay, i am the last person in the world to defend Versus, but even I can see that the L4D1 versus scoring system is absolutely terrible. Game breakingly terrible. I don't know how anybody would prefer it over the L4D2 system.

TheCombatMedic
02-21-2011, 06:01 PM
Agreed. The scoring system then seemed only reward you greatly if you could make it to the safe room, which is kind of against Valve's idea of not making it but seeing how far you could get. On top of this, you would get insane amount of points for making it and get a pitiful amount if you didn't. So many rage quits cause of it..

Kool Mode D
02-21-2011, 06:27 PM
Okay, i am the last person in the world to defend Versus, but even I can see that the L4D1 versus scoring system is absolutely terrible. Game breakingly terrible. I don't know how anybody would prefer it over the L4D2 system.

The L4D1 scoring system worked terrible in finales. For example, team A who were wiped just before they got on the rescue vehicle after defeating 2 tanks got 200 points. On the other side, team B who were wiped after they call the rescue vehicle with the radio and didn't even fight one tank got 200 points as well. So the old L4D1 scoring system is telling me that the team B who didn't even fight a tank is just as good as team A who killed 2 tanks but were wiped just before they could get on the rescue vehicle?