PDA

View Full Version : SO, How is Inferno different?

Anti-Flash
02-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Yeah, if there is a wiki or something, I cant find it. Maybe I can just ask some players.
I don't notice ANY difference.

rainman_1337
02-22-2011, 06:51 PM
Download the old map (here (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1767961)) and compare them ;)

The obvious changes are:

1. orange generator was removed from bombsite A
2. some crates were added to bombsite A
3. The waggon on bombsite B was replaced by a stack of hay

I always used the generator on A for cover so my tactics on A will have to change severely.

I don't get why they had to change the layout. We have grown accustomed to the classic design over 5 years now.

Glazz
02-22-2011, 06:57 PM
I like and i don't like this map update, why do they removed the generator from there? Now theres a blank space, for what? The rest is better imo.

rainman_1337
02-22-2011, 07:00 PM
I like and i don't like this map update, why do they removed the generator from there? Now theres a blank space, for what? The rest is better imo.

The noobs didn't even bother with removing the power line. Now it just floats there. It may be a minor detail but it still shows how sloppy these people work.

parasite241
02-23-2011, 03:48 AM
The noobs didn't even bother with removing the power line. Now it just floats there. It may be a minor detail but it still shows how sloppy these people work.

If they would've just fixed the bugs and kept their hands off the map, there would've been no problem. They should seriously consider hiring competent people that care about this community...

PLAction
02-23-2011, 04:51 AM
If they would've just fixed the bugs and kept their hands off the map, there would've been no problem. They should seriously consider hiring competent people that care about this community...

they made then changes based on the feedback they got from the map, therefore they are showing they care. Inferno is a terrible remake of the 1.6 version and has so much unnecessary detail and clutter, thats why they did what they did and its great.

rainman_1337
02-23-2011, 07:59 AM
they made then changes based on the feedback they got from the map, therefore they are showing they care. Inferno is a terrible remake of the 1.6 version and has so much unnecessary detail and clutter, thats why they did what they did and its great.

1. CS:S is not CS 1.6
2. don't come yapping about requests if you can't link to them
3. why change the map after we got used to it for over 5 years?
4. why change the layout if all they had to do is fix the bugs?

Css<3
02-23-2011, 08:59 AM
hhahahah lol @ the pub noobs who didn noticed the differences.

btw de_phoenix is 1.6 Inferno for Css.

Mathias#
02-23-2011, 02:26 PM

CSS is not CS 1.6

Its still counter-strike.

Have you even played the 1.6 version of the map? even after this update it isn't even close. ( which is a good thing)

The new boxes on A reminds me of 1.6 version, but it's not a diehard copy ( which I also stated in another thread).

Yellow was bugged and abused.

The new haystacks is a REALLY nice addition, no more random running in flash on top of a bandwagon.

They fixed multiple bugs/exploits.
All in all, it was a really nice change, imo.

_ACID_
02-23-2011, 03:13 PM

Lol, you are right. It's pretty much impossible to overlook this as a mapper, they really were extremely sloppy there.

You seem to be very upset because of the generator thing, but wasn't A pretty unfair towards Terrorists anyways? I get that change is always threaded suspiciously, especially when it messes up recordings, but why other than for that reason is the generator being removed a bad thing?

skiddlywibble
02-23-2011, 04:04 PM
I don't get why they had to change the layout. We have grown accustomed to the classic design over 5 years now.

You answered your own question. Valve are a company of gamers, not accountants. If you're using the same tactics and movements every time, you've lost the spirit of the game.

These "pro" players talk about how Valve ruin maps with the addition of a crate or two, or some sort of trivial change. Really, though, if you can't even adapt to that, how can you call yourself a pro? To let a game get to this stage is to let it die, and that's not the Valve way.

Doni
02-23-2011, 07:35 PM
1. orange generator was removed from bombsite A
2. some crates were added to bombsite A
3. The waggon on bombsite B was replaced by a stack of hay

Off-topic as hell, but the fact that #2 and #3 rhyme made me strangely quite happy.

LinkinMcOwnage
02-23-2011, 07:52 PM
Adapt or perish. It's that simple.

Xerotype X
02-23-2011, 08:21 PM
When Inferno came out we all thought it was crap.

Time doesn't change that......

LinkinMcOwnage
02-23-2011, 09:35 PM
I love inferno, I think it's a great map. I'm so sick of dust2, office and assault.

If you want to talk about bad maps, look no further than cs_compound