PDA

View Full Version : Steam Membership

star82
02-24-2011, 06:01 AM
I was just thinkin it would be really nice if steam had levels of membership. My steam is worth a lot. I worry :( i think after having download over 200 games steam should have a gold membership or whatever. maybe gold membership would come with extra security measures just to make us all feel better :D

Mave.ts
02-24-2011, 07:01 AM
I fail to see how someone with 200 games on his account, deserves more protection than those with 3 games. You bought a lot of games, for yourself, to enjoy and play. Nobody else is going to care, and Valve's resources should not be wasted on something like this. :<

Firebreak
02-24-2011, 07:11 AM
I like the idea, but the reward cannot be added protection, everyone deserves the best protection. I'd like to see some sort of reward for loyal customers, but that should be maybe a free game addon or a percentage off next purchase, something like that.

Gone'Postal
02-24-2011, 08:55 AM
Free account, You can't play games online.
Silver account, £10 per month, You still can't play online.
Gold account, £100 per week, You can play Valve games online.
MWElite-account, £mummys credit card, You can play MW games online... but not Valve games.

For discrimination there is membership levels, for everything else, use Mummys credit card.

Idea not supported, were all equal, if you want to spend your money on a product, why should you get treated better then someone who doesn't, or doesn't as much.

Aceofspades
02-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Well right now.. when you own a free account, you can't join community chat rooms for some reason. At least that was the case with a team member of mine.

That would REALLY suck if you couldn't play games online, just because you have 100 bucks worth of games on your account. It wouldn't even be worth buying games on steam or recommending steam to people. I'd rather slap myself silly.

Gone'Postal
02-24-2011, 09:07 AM
I was joking as the idea sucks, and all Steam accounts are free, accounts with no paid for games on them have restrictions.

Aceofspades
02-24-2011, 09:08 AM
I was joking as the idea sucks, and all Steam accounts are free, accounts with no paid for games on them have restrictions.

Yeah, I figured.
<3

Rohok
02-24-2011, 09:13 AM
I think if people are loyal customers they should get better treatment than the kids that ♥♥♥♥♥ about having to install steam on their computer for a game. I personally only buy STEAM games, so when I hear people ♥♥♥♥♥ing about having to use it, I laugh.

There should be two types of memberships:

STEAM User- Owns at least 10 games, has never complained about having to use STEAM. Has zero DRM and does not need internet to access their games.

Non-STEAM User- Owns less than 10 games, complains about having to install STEAM. Required to enter credit card information to play. Requires constant internet connection. Only allowed to install games on two separate computers. Is only given a CD key once and has to keep it written down, there will be no CD key resends if lost. Required to call in to register STEAM program.

Serious contribution--

I like the idea of different membership types, but the best security should be provided for all customers. I think if you own more than a hundred or two hundred games, you should get a discount on your next purchase, or maybe a free indie game or something small like that. Or maybe just an extra achievement to display how special you are. Like an achievement for every one hundred games you own.

slayvus
02-24-2011, 02:18 PM
Valve could only offer membership loyalty for games they own. Obviously if you own 100 games on Steam all 100 of them are not made by Valve. Therefore, why should Valve offer "membership" discounts when you only buy so many of their games that they have so few of.

Valve - 27 Games on Steam
2K - 45 including any DLCs
EA - 45 including any DLCs
Ubisoft - 82 including any DLCs
Paradox Interactive - 58 including any DLCs
Strategy First + Empire Interactive - 39 including any DLCs
Sega - 74
PopCap - 39
Square Enix + Eidos - 51

There is no point for Valve to offer any type of rewards for the interest of Steam. If you want rewards for purchasing a developers games, talk to the developers.

For example, if you happen to own S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky or S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl on Steam you can purchase S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat for $15 less than regular Steam price.

You can also purchase complete publisher packs for much cheaper than buying games separately.

DarkHades
02-24-2011, 03:29 PM
I have over 400 steam games i want my platinum card!!!