PDA

View Full Version : Special/Limited/Digital Deluxe Edition available on Steam?

HentaiHeroKyo
02-24-2011, 06:17 AM
Hello. While I'm glad to see the demo has been released, the lack of access to the Special/Limited/Deluxe edition in-game content via Steam has halted my intent to pre-order.

The limited edition (USA) provides the following benefits...

* The Total War: SHOGUN 2 Limited Edition delivers instant access to exclusive and free content to both the single player and multiplayer modes of the game.
* Exclusive ninja clan – the Hattori clan are masters of the Iga-ryu ninjutsu - a unique collection of martial skills and guerrilla techniques. This additional in-game faction is only available in the Limited Edition and includes the most powerful battlefield ninja units.
* Extra historical scenario - The Battle of Nagashino saw an alliance between the Oda and Tokugawa clans clashing against the legendary Takeda clan in 1575. Takeda was ultimately defeated but, as in all Total War battles, victory lies in your hands and by playing one of these three factions you can repeat history... or even rewrite it!
* Special armour for your avatar – this complete set of armour will make your General’s avatar stand out on the battlefield and will reward you with the Bad Omen retainer that affects morale to enemy ashigaru (foot soldier) units, giving you a competitive advantage online.
* Bank account of XP for your avatar – only the Limited Edition owners will be able to start their General’s avatar at a higher level, with instant access to one upgrade point to spend on special skills or traits.

------

The Limited Edition is available via Amazon for $49.95 with free release date delivery. I hear the title is going to use Steamworks and thus even boxed versions are going to require Steam, so if this content was available on the Steam version I see no reason not to cut out the middle man and pre-order directly. Of course, it would be even better if the Steam version could include the Limited/Special in-game content and still come in under the cost of the boxed version.

On the Total War site, it says "Coming Soon" under Digital Download retail when the Limited edition is selected, so perhaps at least someone shall carry it.

Regrettably, it appears that once again Gamestop is throwing its weight around and has an exclusive scenario, but I avoid that vendor like an overpriced plague.

Any chance of an update to this? Thanks.

666Boothy
02-24-2011, 03:20 PM
I really like the idea of ordering through Steam, but they always (except when having sales) seem to price themselves out of the market. Which always seems odd, considering they don't provide disks, or printed manuals, but still charge more for just a download!

As you note, Steam only seems to be providing the standard version of Shogun 2, which for me in the UK is listed as 29.99 on Steam.

But if I go to Play.com, they only have the limited edition version, no standard version on offer, and that limited edition is 27.89!

OKay, so it's only a pound cheaper, but it's a limited edition, and is on media, disks, manuals etc.

Come on Valve, please start pricing new and current releases at least comparable with, if not below, retail costs!

At the moment, the only time I buy through Steam, is with sale items, as you can always find better, cheaper, deals elsewhere for the new or still current releases :-/

Varcetta
02-26-2011, 11:53 PM
Yeah,

Steam has a pretty crazy pricing policy...

They want 50 euros for 25 digits of a serial key and its just the standard digital version :rolleyes:

But last time as I was enrage (because of 60 euros for Blackops standard edition) I checked the US Steam Marketplace and I saw something that made me even more angry because I realized that the only difference between the US and German Marketplace was

In Germany they use € instead of $ but they dont touch the price!!!

Why do I have to pay 82$ for a download in Germany when a US guy pays 50$ for the same ♥♥♥♥??? :o

And the next question, why is it prohibited for me to order that product in the States if its ok for me to play in English???

Well, I really like and respect the Steam platform because I dont need hardcopys etc. but please...
respect also the German customers which also have to work hard for the money and simpy become upset knowing beeing ripped off...

My 5 cent...

ElizLestrad
04-28-2011, 07:30 PM
I completely agree. The whole Limited Edition Steam debocle, compounded with the extra missions offered by Gamestop still leaves an extremely foul taste in my mouth. Hopefully Steam users get access to those bonuses eventually. I wouldnt mind having to pay $15 for the extra content that we got gipped on.

Wilm210
04-28-2011, 07:56 PM
Necro thread much?