PDA

View Full Version : Anyone beat carentan on normal?

Grove12345
02-24-2011, 09:58 PM
Ok i beat it on easy, took a while with the 88s and tanks at the last point.

But on medium i cant make it into the city. The German tanks are too deadly. They mow down any inf coming their way and they take on any American tank, and even when i have to AT guns pointed down the road the tanks beat the AT guns head on.

Any tips. Or agreements about how the german tanks seem to be so super.

Validuz
02-24-2011, 10:06 PM
havent tested AS on anything else than easy so far; just playing around:)

but i cant think of anything other than pr0 MoW MP tactics... keep a few troops ahead of your main force with hold fire to clear the FoW and it should be smooth sailing against suicidal bots:o

FrozenLiquidity
02-25-2011, 12:57 AM
Ok i beat it on easy, took a while with the 88s and tanks at the last point.

But on medium i cant make it into the city. The German tanks are too deadly. They mow down any inf coming their way and they take on any American tank, and even when i have to AT guns pointed down the road the tanks beat the AT guns head on.

Any tips. Or agreements about how the german tanks seem to be so super.

Try it with a few friends. ;)

hardcore_hibee
02-25-2011, 08:44 AM
managed to do it on hard, but was one hell of a struggle, especialy watchin a sherman jumbo get mauled by a bloody puma?!?!

DMS.Instinct
02-25-2011, 09:15 AM
Side armor of a Jumbo is pretty weak :)

gijas04
02-25-2011, 01:35 PM
haven't played this map yet but "spoiler ahead" there are 88's on another skrimish map called Arnhem playing as the British EF.

Playing as the Britt's you get (off map) artillery support so once spotted by infantry their pretty much history. Or AT personel are just as effective. AT personel are deadly against tanks, AT guns are to but you need to position them where they don't get knocked out which is hard. With AT infantry you have more options as you could place them in a building, against a wall or even laying prone in a crater. My advice for you is experiment, experiment and experiment some more. Also every match in solo against the AI is not always the same depending on your choices.

GRS9790
02-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Working on it now. AT guns are useless. First of all I had two fire a total of 9 rounds into one tank, and it had no results whatsoever, not even a crew injured. Second, when I call for more AT guns, it tells me that reinforcements have arrived, and doesn't give me the damn gun. That and half the time units just enter the map and don't go right to where i tell them.

Still a great game but simple, stupid issues are killing this level for me.

crossmr
02-25-2011, 04:43 PM
I beat the map on the demo on normal.

Use snipers, single guys, and air strikes to soften them up. Use the airborne to drop into an unseen spot behind a big gun. Run up behind them and throw a couple grenades. He's going to die, but he'll likely take out the gun.

You also have a longer range with your anti tank guns then they do. So you can position them just in range, load up the AP rounds and start pounding their fixed guns. Also try and position the AT guns off to the sides. Greater chance to get a side shot. And if you can't completely take them out, at least take a tread out. It takes them a long time to fix it, but the tank is stuck. If it's a fixed gun tank you can circle them and blow them apart.

That and half the time units just enter the map and don't go right to where i tell them.
This is a massively disappointing bug. This one I do blame DMS for. I constantly call in units and they just hang out around the beginning. Squads will break up with half the units standing near the entry and the other half standing close to or somewhere along the route to where I told them to.

AT Guns will get jammed up on sand bags and just sit there. Vehicles will also get jammed up on random stuff. Pathfinding is terrible.

GRS9790
02-25-2011, 06:00 PM
Once you get the airstrikes and your units into town it gets a lot easier. Airstrikes followed up by an infantry assault on the gun positions always works and if your infantry has AT grenades, you can use those to take out the armor since they can't maneuver nearly as well in an urban environment.

Validuz
02-25-2011, 08:46 PM
i noticed the überpowerfull 1man paradrop thing aswell... so fun to just call in one guy, at nade over a small building and voalá!

Grove12345
02-26-2011, 01:45 AM
well im pretty sure that AT inf will be grea against the tanks in cities but i cant get into the city. i have 2 AT guns pointing down the road, and i turn away for a minute and they get out gunned and out ranged by a tank somehow. Thinking about having a spotter in the bushes and AT in different angles.

GRS9790
02-26-2011, 11:35 AM
I ran a tank and two AT units up on the right and used the buildings there as cover. Enemy tank comes around the corner to attack the AT guns and gets blasted from the side. Eventually I was telling entire squads of rangers to take out a tank cause once the tanks are down things get a lot easier.

Grove12345
02-26-2011, 11:58 PM
ok managed to take out the tanks. I had to have like 5 AT guns all down the road east to west.

THey also do too well of a job against inf. Which to me is quit annoying. 5 inf guys for some reason might not be able to take out a lone AT gun. Lame.

Got into the city after a few hours of playing but constantly getting battered by across the map 88s or AT guns. So using airstrikes now

GRS9790
02-27-2011, 08:49 AM
Rangers and airstrikes. All that needs said at that point.

kenjara
02-28-2011, 01:21 AM
Never under estimate the power of an AT team. I wowed some people online by taking a tank out that had us pinned down.

What I did was throw smoke grenades around the tank to blind it then get my AT team to fire at pretty much point blank range without the tank seeing me.