PDA

View Full Version : Sega classics collection

gameguy73
02-25-2011, 06:46 AM
All of these games are being released on dvd-rom for 29.99 on March 15th. Think I'll wait and get it that way.

paratech2008
02-28-2011, 06:43 PM
All of these games are being released on dvd-rom for 29.99 on March 15th. Think I'll wait and get it that way.

Yeah and the "4" Compilations listed INCLUDE THE SONIC GAMES!

What the frag? So Why did Sega sell 4 packs on Steam for $14.99 each, WITHOUT THE SONIC GAMES!

If I purchased any of those packs on Steam, I'd feel ripped off at the moment.

EVEN 360/PS3 gamers got treated better than Steam customers!

paratech2008
02-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Here's the list (http://www.sega.com/games/sega-genesis-classic-collection-gold-edition/) of games on the pack.

"SEGA Genesis Classic Collection™ Gold Edition

Get involved and rediscover your favorite gaming experience in this ultimate compilation of 46 titles from the golden era of the SEGA Genesis™.

Players will be able to go back in time to the nostalgic SEGA Genesis era and re-live even more old memories and create new ones in this Gold Edition of the Genesis Classic Collection.

The collection includes:

Volume 1

Golden Axe™
Altered Beast™
Comix Zone™
Ecco The Dolphin™
Gain Ground™
Shinobi III™: Return of the Ninja Master
Vectorman™
Sonic The Hedghog™
Crack Down™
Space Harrier II™

Volume 2

Ecco Jr.™
Fatal Labyrinth™
Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle™
Bonanza Bros.™
Super Thunder Blade™
ESWAT™: City Under Siege
Kid Chameleon™
Ristar™
Golden Axe™ 2
Galaxy Force II™
Columns™
Sonic the Hedgehog™ 2

Volume 3

Bio-Hazard Battle™
Columns III: Revenge of Columns™
Sword of Vermilion™
Virtua Fighter 2™
Ecco: The Tides of Time™
Alien Storm™
Decap Attack™
Flicky™
Sonic 3 & Knuckles™
Sonic Spinball™

Volume 4

LandStalker™
Shining Force™
Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair™
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine™
Streets of Rage™
Streets of Rage™ 2
Alien Soldier™
Light Crusader™
Sonic 3D Blast™
Gunstar Heroes™
Shining Force II™
Shining in the Darkness™
ToeJam & Earl™
ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron™
"

Misanthroat
02-28-2011, 07:38 PM
When the first batch of 10 were released... Sega charged $30 for that...

paratech2008
02-28-2011, 08:51 PM
If I bought any of the packs on Steam, whether $30, $15, or even $7.50, I'd be jarated.

Shakey_Jake33
02-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Also, they have deliberately left the Sonic games out of the Steam versions of the packages. Lame.

Also, is the Dreamcast Collection still not on Steam?! I can't give Sega my money if they don't provide a product!

gameguy73
04-30-2011, 06:05 PM
Finally managed to get my hands on the retail CD version of this. While it does have all the sonic games some games were removed from it's digital download counterpart. Shadow Dancer and Eternal Champions for example are not in this version. It should also be said that there is DRM in the form of a disk check (ala Starforce style although I don't believe it uses it.). Other then that it's the same. The emulation is really well done with only one hiccup I noticed on Altered Beast. The sound emulation is the real star though. Prob the closest to a real Genesis as I've heard from emulation. All in all a good collection I will likely pick up the missing games from steam.