PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't the classic versions of Serious Sam available to buy?

DarkRanger57
02-25-2011, 06:18 PM
I paid full price for both the HD versions of Serious Sam, and now they are giving out the classic versions exclusively to people who buy the gold edition?

:mad:

lordofterror
02-25-2011, 06:29 PM
I paid full price for both the HD versions of Serious Sam, and now they are giving out the classic versions exclusively to people who buy the gold edition?

:mad:
yes it was exclusive for the gold edition,however im sure they will release the classics some time later

seseorang
02-25-2011, 06:38 PM
I bought the Gold edition and gifted the extra copies to my brother...

Count_D
02-26-2011, 10:27 AM
Why would you need them? HD versions are the same as classic ones.

pokedex2536
02-26-2011, 04:52 PM
I got the gold edition back at Christmas when it was on sale for 4 USD :D

DarkRanger57
04-25-2011, 05:01 PM

Classic version is always better :)

Terepin
04-27-2011, 01:17 PM
Says who? You? That doesn't count.

MADDOGGE
04-27-2011, 01:37 PM
You can always buy them from off GOG.com. They are 5.99 a piece there.

Illyria
04-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Why would you need them? HD versions are the same as classic ones.They ain't. If you ever tried dm, they are totally different cos engine ain't the same... But if you play co-op or single player, you can go for better graphics.

Symbiotic
04-27-2011, 07:18 PM
Old and new aren't the same in terms of single player, either. One word: Gravity.

MADDOGGE
04-27-2011, 09:52 PM
Good grief there ain't enough difference to shake a stick at. Yes the gravity room is replaced the SS3 engine doesn't support multiple gravity fields. It's not a big deal.

As is said though if you just want the old ones, GOG has them. no one else to my knowledge has them digitally. No telling when or if Croteam will ever offer the classic ones separate.

velsoft
05-12-2011, 01:07 PM

Better map editor :p

Firestorm998
05-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Good grief there ain't enough difference to shake a stick at. Yes the gravity room is replaced the SS3 engine doesn't support multiple gravity fields. It's not a big deal.

As is said though if you just want the old ones, GOG has them. no one else to my knowledge has them digitally. No telling when or if Croteam will ever offer the classic ones separate.
I noticed the offer before. I already own First and Second Encounters on original retail discs. From what you are saying, you wouldn't recommend the latest HD version then?

Should add for SP gameplay.

ChrisW
05-13-2011, 12:11 PM
The HD versions have leaderboards, achievements, and mental mode for single player.

MADDOGGE
05-13-2011, 12:16 PM
I noticed the offer before. I already own First and Second Encounters on original retail discs. From what you are saying, you wouldn't recommend the latest HD version then?

Should add for SP gameplay.Sure I recommend them but if you are content with the original then other than some improved graphics and the convenience of them being on Steam it's your choice. As long as your originals play there is no reason you have to buy the updated versions.

I have my original retails which are now safely put away. I have the HD versions I preordered and the steam versions of the classics from when I bought the gold edition on sale just to support the developers.

Firestorm998
05-13-2011, 01:22 PM
The HD versions have leaderboards, achievements, and mental mode for single player.

Sure I recommend them but if you are content with the original then other than some improved graphics and the convenience of them being on Steam it's your choice. As long as your originals play there is no reason you have to buy the updated versions.

I have my original retails which are now safely put away. I have the HD versions I preordered and the steam versions of the classics from when I bought the gold edition on sale just to support the developers.
Thanks guys.
The bolded text is good enough reason to purchase and the clincher is that I just noticed the new versions are controller enabled which is much easier for me as I have a hand disability.

ChrisW
05-13-2011, 02:17 PM
You can also use a controller with the old versions. The HD versions also have force feedback effects.