PDA

View Full Version : Snow problem

agro999
02-26-2011, 07:20 PM
I captured a snow from pirates, been to port many times and been repaired but it the description of it, only has 10/16 guns but in battle all guns are there and firing. Also bow chasers do not fire, not sure if I can even see any bow chasers. The snow also has ports for stern chasers but no guns; are all snows like this? or is mine just unique :confused:

I have yet to build a snow but I will do that to see if it has any problems.

agro999
02-26-2011, 11:24 PM
Yeah built a snow and it has 10/16 guns as well, no bow chasers at all just a button to get my hopes up :P

Also has anyone done a boarding yet? I have tried twice and each time the ships lock together in an embrace of death and spin rapidly smashing their hulls together until either one or both sink. Is it something I am doing wrong? do you have to be on a certain angle? do you have to be right up beside the other ship? does your ship have to stop before you press the boarding button? or is it just a bug in the game?

Anyway grape usually makes them surrender fast enough but it would be good to be able to board every now and then. Also getting further off topic can ships explode if they get a lucky shot in the magazine like in EIC or it could be another game I am thinking of.

FadingCeiling
03-01-2011, 06:56 AM
I have the same problem with boarding. Tried it several times with different ships and approaches but still the same. They collide and ram each other until they sink.

But I don't have that problem with the Snow though.

I don't think there are "critical" hits in C:COTA or atleast I haven't noticed any. But Sea Dogs did have which (sadly) still is the best pirate game made so far.