PDA

View Full Version : My account?!

Weedisgood
02-28-2011, 10:28 AM
I've had my account since August 31, 2007. I was hacked a long time ago, I tried contacting steam about my account being hacked and they had no interest in helping me! I just recently decided to try out Team Fortress 2, Which was gifted to me from a friend.. I contacted steam and got my password and account reset FINALLY, after almost 4 years! As sad as that is, when I got on and went to play the game, I find out I am banned... So I go to the forum area about VAC bans, and read "We do not lift VAC bans for any reason" I personally hold this offensive.. I have done nothing, infact.. I havent even been on my account in AGES. And when I go to play my game I am banned and steam will do nothing about it, extremly poor customer service if you ask me! If they want a system scan, they can have one. I have not EVER hacked, all I want to do is play my games happily without having to deal with all this bull****! I would like my games "Or atleast Team fortess 2" Unbanned.. as "Greedy" as this may sound, Its just not fair they can steal my games and not allow me to play them! I'm extremly upset about this poor customer service and I think that under some circumstances they SHOULD infact lift bans! I did not spend the $39.99 on a game for them to steal it away from me and ruin my fun! Escpecially when I have done nothing wrong! The reason I KNOW my account was stolen is because for 4 years I tried to get it back... I had to create a new account and buy new games.. I REFUSE, to buy this game AGAIN, Since I actually have no way of purchasing games online anyhow, since I have no bank account, nor do I have a credit card. So I am unable to Re-buy this game.. All I want to do is play with my best pal on TF2. But because steam cannot take care of their customers properly I am unable to play! For furture referanes when someone claims to be hacked, talk to them and ask them about it dont ignore them and treat them like a bunch of morons! I refuse to ever use steam unless this is otherwise fixed! It is not fair, nor legal to take someones games away from them, its no different then stealing their money! I paid to play, let me play!

DarkLite123
02-28-2011, 10:43 AM
First, use paragraphs, please.

Second, I'm afraid your account won't be unbanned, and for a simple reason: if Valve started unbanning hijacked accounts, it would offer an easy "get out of jail free" card to every hacker. They could simply claim "But I was hijacked, give it back, this is theft", etc. etc. etc. and get away with cheating repeatedly.

Third, there is no way to prove someone's account was stolen: if I was a hacker, I could easily arrange to hack from a friend's PC (so a different IP address) and send phishing chat messages to my account beforehand (to use as "proof" when requesting an unban).

And lastly, your account is solely your responsibility. I very much doubt it was "hacked"; in the vast majority of cases the user enters their username and password into a suspicious website advertising FREE GAMES FOR STEAM or the like, and their account is then stolen. What happened was your fault: deal with it.

Weedisgood
02-28-2011, 10:55 AM
It's not my fault if I tried to get it back!? Steam gave me poor customer service!
It was not banned when it was hacked! I sent them more then 1 ticket requesting it back, I gave them proof of purchase and everything and they blatently ignored me so I just gave up, I came on to play with a friend, sent steam a few tickets yet again, and they gave me my account.. but left it basically useless.

I understand its "My responseablity" to take care of my account, and to sent hacked tickets if I get hacked. But I can't do much about it when steam does not help me out?

Gone'Postal
02-28-2011, 11:00 AM
Steams view is it was your fault it was "hacked" in the first place, which to be honest, "hacked" is often mistaken for "phished"

Weedisgood
02-28-2011, 11:06 AM
It may have been, I just think its so unfair that steam can do that to people you know?

I know I probably sound like all other people who claim to have been hacked and probably cheated, but I gave and did everything I should have to get it back and they just refused to help me. They didnt even reply to my tickets.
I know a few people who have had this problem aswell and it really just sucks so I just dont know what to do.

I understand this is all probably a waste of time but venting is still good! :D

But if Its not a waste of time Its much appreciated if anything or anyone can help!

And I just dont understand how it could be my fault for it getting hacked?
I mean.. If steam got hacked.. Its not their fault, they would be b**ching about it to and asking to get their servers and everything back.
Its the hackers, phishers fault for doing what they do?
I never told anyone my password or anything so I just am amazed at how this can happen.

Because its totally impossible to competly stop all hackers from hacking you? like it just is??

Amy
02-28-2011, 12:24 PM
It may have been, I just think its so unfair that steam can do that to people you know?

I know I probably sound like all other people who claim to have been hacked and probably cheated, but I gave and did everything I should have to get it back and they just refused to help me. They didnt even reply to my tickets.
I know a few people who have had this problem aswell and it really just sucks so I just dont know what to do.

I understand this is all probably a waste of time but venting is still good! :D

But if Its not a waste of time Its much appreciated if anything or anyone can help!

And I just dont understand how it could be my fault for it getting hacked?
I mean.. If steam got hacked.. Its not their fault, they would be b**ching about it to and asking to get their servers and everything back.
Its the hackers, phishers fault for doing what they do?
I never told anyone my password or anything so I just am amazed at how this can happen.

Because its totally impossible to competly stop all hackers from hacking you? like it just is??

Keylogger?
And i lol'd about your nickname.

kakkerlak
02-28-2011, 01:42 PM
you probably did not file a proper support ticket 4 years ago.
many people missed the final click to submit one on the old support site.

steam support aint that bad with account issues.

Weedisgood
02-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Maybe, I really am just not sure! I sent in a support ticket again though, still no reply! Tryin to be patient though.

And my nickname is irrelivent.. but true :)

kakkerlak
02-28-2011, 02:23 PM
if you got a ticket conformation email steam support wil get to you.
and don't sent a few tickets just sent one.

Zlyvex
02-28-2011, 02:57 PM
Somehow I suspect his name had something to do with his vulnerability at getting his account banned. These people can't help you though you are totally wasting your time.

Fyndir
02-28-2011, 03:35 PM
try out Team Fortress 2, Which was gifted to me from a friend.

I did not spend the $39.99 on a game

Well, at least that part seems correct.

I had to create a new account and buy new games..

What I really don't follow is why your friend would send your TF2 gift to a stolen account, which you had no access to, instead of one of your new accounts.

The whole situation seems more than a little...odd.

Nekomancer
02-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Since when does TF2 cost 40$? Also, if it was a gift, he didn't pay even one cent, unless he paid for the gift, which is a violation of the Steam Subscriber Agreement.

That story is full of holes. Smells like Swiss cheese.

Doni
02-28-2011, 05:10 PM
So... You're complaining about a VAC ban on account you haven't had access to for like, 4 years? When during that 4 years someone could've been using it to cheat the whole time?

Lol.

Nuklear41
02-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Maybe put down the pipe and sober up. Then things will be a little more clear...Mr. WeedIsGood.

_Budweiser_
02-28-2011, 08:02 PM
I sympathise with you, and understand that it may be a frustrating plight.

However, the facts of the matter are:

You are responsible for your account. If you cannot keep your computer/account details secure, then you're leaving yourself open to this sort of scenario. Just what would you expect Valve to do if you can't even keep your login details secure?

Also, waiting for four years after having the account 'hacked', it's no wonder that there was greater 'damage'. If that was a credit card or bank account detail;s that was stolen, would you leave it four years before notifying the bank?

it is not fair, nor legal to take someones games away from them, its no different then stealing their money!
If you felt this strongly, I wonder why you accepted the agreement?

I paid to play, let me play!
You can play, just not on VAC-secured servers.

To be honest, I read your entire post as nothing but a whine. Are you trying to ask something, make a point or what?
The best option is for you to contact Steam support.

lordofterror
02-28-2011, 09:15 PM
the story seems fishy @op could you clarify how your account got hacked? exact story?

SheepSkate.
03-01-2011, 03:23 AM
As Silicon Vampire usually says:

These forums can't help with VAC bans. Contacting Steam Support is your only option.

Alas, your account can't get hacked that easily. In fact, it's almost impossible. However, as mister Gone'Postal said, phishing is often mistaken for hacking. When you've become a victim of phishing, Steam FAQ made it clear that it's your responsibility. However, when you are TRULY HACKED, then you can whine to Steam support.

Definition:

Phishing = Getting your account "stolen" due to your "supposedly" unawareness and childish behavior when trying to download illegal stuffs or browsing the internet.

Hacked = When the Steam server itself gets hacked and thus all of the accounts got stolen and VAC-banned to attack Steam. This is almost impossible though, because Steam is from Valve which consisted of talented coders. You could call Valve the "gaming-version of Microsoft".

Weedisgood
03-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Well aside from the fact I was high as hell writeing it all, and made little sense..

I gave my friend money, 4 years ago.. When it costed $40, to buy it for me on steam and gift it to me.. In no way is that illegal.

Also, I said I had no way of buying things online so I wasn't concerned about it at the time since I rarely played anyhow..

Now that I care, A little late being at that. It sucks haha!
I'm over it but what the attempt of that was to make a point, which didn't work out for most, but some understood it.

I accepted the agreement because I think of it as a mere video game, so I really am not to worried about reading over agreements. If I knew at the time of buying the games that they could for no reason ban me and leave me banned makeing me unable to enjoy the game of hacker-free servers.. I probably wouldn't have bought it in the first place!

And I had no clue getting hacked was so easy, my password was a bunch of random numbers and letters, whoever the hell got that is one big geek thats all I know lmao!

Anyways, appreciate the help I got from some!
For the ones who just ♥♥♥♥♥ed at me, when this part of the forum is for threads like this... Why did you bother reading it if you didn't like what it said, I didn't ask for mockery on anything. I just asked for anwsers!
Cheers!

Weedisgood
03-02-2011, 06:36 PM
the story seems fishy @op could you clarify how your account got hacked? exact story?

Not a clue man, really not sure. I dont use the computer much.. I dont browse the web and such, I just play the odd game here and their.

I went to log in one day and it said that it was the wrong password, it just went from that.

xX_Renegade_Xx
03-02-2011, 07:09 PM
I've had my account since August 31, 2007. I was hacked a long time ago, I tried contacting steam about my account being hacked and they had no interest in helping me! I just recently decided to try out Team Fortress 2, Which was gifted to me from a friend.. I contacted steam and got my password and account reset FINALLY, after almost 4 years! As sad as that is, when I got on and went to play the game, I find out I am banned... So I go to the forum area about VAC bans, and read "We do not lift VAC bans for any reason" I personally hold this offensive.. I have done nothing, infact.. I havent even been on my account in AGES. And when I go to play my game I am banned and steam will do nothing about it, extremly poor customer service if you ask me! If they want a system scan, they can have one. I have not EVER hacked, all I want to do is play my games happily without having to deal with all this bull****! I would like my games "Or atleast Team fortess 2" Unbanned.. as "Greedy" as this may sound, Its just not fair they can steal my games and not allow me to play them! I'm extremly upset about this poor customer service and I think that under some circumstances they SHOULD infact lift bans! I did not spend the $39.99 on a game for them to steal it away from me and ruin my fun! Escpecially when I have done nothing wrong! The reason I KNOW my account was stolen is because for 4 years I tried to get it back... I had to create a new account and buy new games.. I REFUSE, to buy this game AGAIN, Since I actually have no way of purchasing games online anyhow, since I have no bank account, nor do I have a credit card. So I am unable to Re-buy this game.. All I want to do is play with my best pal on TF2. But because steam cannot take care of their customers properly I am unable to play! For furture referanes when someone claims to be hacked, talk to them and ask them about it dont ignore them and treat them like a bunch of morons! I refuse to ever use steam unless this is otherwise fixed! It is not fair, nor legal to take someones games away from them, its no different then stealing their money! I paid to play, let me play!

If I read that right, you're saying it took support 4 years to reset your account, yet you registered on this forum in 2010 and only have 6 posts, all made in this thread.

You knew in 2007 your account was stolen but decided to leave it until 2010 before registering on this forum and then leave it until 2011 before making a post about the problems you're now having.

Why did you not PM an admin on this site to look into it sooner when you registered? I highly doubt any admin here would let a customer wait 4 years to get their account back, their's bad customer service and then their's something that just doesn't add up.

I'm not calling you a liar I'm just confused why you haven't done anything sooner if you felt that support were not helping.

Nekomancer
03-03-2011, 06:45 AM
Well aside from the fact I was high as hell writeing it all, and made little sense..

I gave my friend money, 4 years ago.. When it costed $40, to buy it for me on steam and gift it to me.. In no way is that illegal.
It's not illegal, but against the Steam Subscriber Agreement and Valve disables accounts for that.

I accepted the agreement because I think of it as a mere video game, so I really am not to worried about reading over agreements. If I knew at the time of buying the games that they could for no reason ban me and leave me banned makeing me unable to enjoy the game of hacker-free servers.. I probably wouldn't have bought it in the first place!
Not the smartest move to ignore the Terms of Service, never.

And I had no clue getting hacked was so easy, my password was a bunch of random numbers and letters, whoever the hell got that is one big geek thats all I know lmao!
I can't remember a case where an account was really hacked. Most of the time they get hijacked. Either due to impersonating a Valve employee in chat and promising free games or threatening with a ban or by phising mails. In very rare cases someone gets control over an email account and uses the password change feature that way.