PDA

View Full Version : Waste of money

DiscoBBQ
02-28-2011, 12:19 PM
No re-playability.

Echoes would be fun except the leaderboards are full of cheaters.

Multiplayer would be fun, except that
1. No text chat
2. So many noobs that just solo-kill everything, no one works together
3. Matchmaking is bad, everytime I do quickmatch it puts me into the same game that I just left. (Probably because there is just one active game).
4. Anarchy is easier as singleplayer. I beat all 20 waves by myself in about an hour. Cake.

michael89
02-28-2011, 12:58 PM
Kinda ironic, isnt it?
The devs restricted some gfx setting and control editing in order to prevent cheating... The game was invaded by cheaters on day one.

It goes always this way: humans create the anticheating protections, and humans bypass or buttrape the protection and have fun with the cheats.
(makes me wonder, if people ever learn this... :rolleyes: )

soviet_
02-28-2011, 01:22 PM
#2 on the list is certainly the most annoying. Big text saying "TEAM BULLET SLIDE" and you get one idiot leashing him. Nob.

No text chat is lame I agree and I've not heard anyone else speak yet. Don't even know if my headset works in game

0ldgamer
02-28-2011, 02:45 PM
No re-playability.

Sif, Im on my third play through and still its a great game!

Niji89
02-28-2011, 04:03 PM
Judging on what this is like on PC, I will pass

Dr3thepooner
02-28-2011, 04:22 PM
This is actually, I found, one of the best SP games out there now.
I haven't had any issues with it, GFX are simply amazing - i am confused of how they squeezed that out of UE3... and most importantly - game play is hard to describe how awesome it is...

But then, its my opinion, and i love arcades... this reminds me of 3D version of Contra :), which is too cool.

nhcarpenter
02-28-2011, 06:33 PM
This is actually, I found, one of the best SP games out there now.
I haven't had any issues with it, GFX are simply amazing - i am confused of how they squeezed that out of UE3... and most importantly - game play is hard to describe how awesome it is...

But then, its my opinion, and i love arcades... this reminds me of 3D version of Contra :), which is too cool.

Did you just say the C-word: "Contra".

Now I think I have to buy it

GrimCW
02-28-2011, 07:43 PM
so your entire basis for saying its bad is the MP is pretty much worthless due almost entirely on the players?
hardly a valid point since its a matter of opinion and the only real flaw as per the game would be the no text chat.

the rest is a community thing, wouldn't it be more appropriate to say the community is a waste of time?

archurban
02-28-2011, 07:46 PM
waste of money? then why did you waste it, huh? I like to do that because this game is awesome in my opinion. sometimes you need to waste money.

MegaSandvich
02-28-2011, 08:21 PM
It's not as bad as people say that it is. It just got a little overhyped but the SP is still one of the best experiences I had since Bioshock 1 and Mass Effect! Awesome storyline and I hope to see "Bulletstorm 2".

FengZ
02-28-2011, 09:18 PM
Before .ini tweak = horrible

After .ini tweak = awesome!

I actually love this game. Sure, it's mindless fun, but that's exactly how they marketed this game. Playing Bulletstorm reminded me of classic shooter games from the mid-90s. Just hold the trigger and shoot whatever that moves. It's a good game to relax on after work. Plus it runs smooth and looks great.

The SP mode is pure entertainment.

Hertston
02-28-2011, 09:26 PM
2. So many noobs that just solo-kill everything, no one works together

The game was released less than a week ago, most are probably playing the SP campaign first, and you are whining about 'noobs'?! Everybody is a noob.. give folks a few days FFS!

VividNinjaScar
02-28-2011, 09:26 PM
Someone is upset that he was outhacked on the leaderboards.

DiscoBBQ
03-02-2011, 05:58 AM
Someone is upset that he was outhacked on the leaderboards.

fixed,
u mad bro

teH_angRy_nIgHt
03-02-2011, 01:36 PM
fixed,
u mad bro
wait what? what did you fix?

DiscoBBQ
03-02-2011, 05:09 PM
wait what? what did you fix?

the leaderboards

NSSherlock
03-03-2011, 04:03 AM
This game might as well be shipped as a SP game, cuz MP it's so awful it's almost non-existant.

Not to mention hackers already devoured this game. Leaderboards is one example without going further in, since i dont want to promote online hacks/cheats.

Kiljoy66
03-03-2011, 04:06 AM
I suggest you make some friends, or, like me, have IRL gaming friends you play with, we all got this game today and were having a ball in coop.