PDA

View Full Version : Is this game for me (MP-wise)

Mike JezZ
03-01-2011, 10:03 AM
Hey guys!

I have been watching this game for some time now, and seems more hooked on it now + its close to release...

Lemme ask questions, to people who knows alot about this game...

1. Out of movies Ive seen, this game looks like CoD: Black Ops combined with BC2. I see XP roll on screen etc. like Black Ops, but I also see vehicles and Choppers like Bad Company 2.

2. Are infantry worthless? You know, theres choppers. Theres vehicles. As a squishy footman you would be destroyed fast.

3. All the drones and stuff... Wouldnt it just be a drone war? I mean they are cool and all, but... dont you think all actually would use this?

4. Are there many weapons/upgrades?

.smith
03-01-2011, 10:08 AM
All of the vehicles are bought by battle points acquired from kills, completing objectives, and helping your team. They said vehicles will be difficult to buy so infantry won't be as useless as they seem.

In terms of weapons we don't know much about them as they might add more but there will be some upgrades.

KiloOscarTango
03-01-2011, 10:19 AM
This game seems to work more like real combat. Vehicles are tactical assets, they are not IWIN buttons. Having a chopper, or tank, or HMMV is a risk, it brings great attention to yourself, followed by rockets. For your team it means infantry have a gap in attention they can use to their advantage.

Proper use of ground vehicles requires infantry support, and the purpose of vehicles is to support infantry. You can't simply use one or the other at all times (depending on your opponent, technically you can go all infantry vs all infantry). One strength of infantry is the ability to conceal and cover. Infantry don't get half the attention vehicles get.

Infantry is always the foundation in modern combat.

Drones were used in Frontlines, but they didn't win the round, not by a long shot. People still had to complete the objectives and do the work, drones were just a certain style of play, and were fragile. They could be effective, but not the backbone of any single player.

Mike JezZ
03-01-2011, 10:43 AM
So online matches wouldnt be performed by mostly vehicles like BC2/BF I can hear

So its like.

You have some classes (like CoD) you join with, with own gear etc.

And when you fight online each match you unlock for killstreaks etc, tanks?

KiloOscarTango
03-01-2011, 10:52 AM
So online matches wouldnt be performed by mostly vehicles like BC2/BF I can hear
So its like, you have some classes (like CoD) you join with, with own gear etc.
And when you fight online each match you unlock for killstreaks etc, tanks?

The Battlefield series was never mostly vehicles (unless you count vehicle-oriented maps in mods). There is always the foundation of the infantry with added support of vehicles, otherwise the infantry would only have a gun.

I don't think you understand how these games work.

Mike JezZ
03-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Will weapon upgrades etc. be unlocked permanent like CoD, or do you have to earn EVERYTHING every fight?

.smith
03-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Will weapon upgrades etc. be unlocked permanent like CoD, or do you have to earn EVERYTHING every fight?

permanent