PDA

View Full Version : Hi

sigh_4_life
03-01-2011, 06:23 PM
I pre-ordered my copy of DoW2: Retribution, and pre-loaded it on my laptop at university to take advantage of the higher speeds. So then the big day arrives and I want to be able to play it on my desktop, so I transfer the game folder to my desktop's Steam common folder, thinking that Steam would discover it like my other games. Except it doesn't, and then I find out after actually trying to start DoW2 on my laptop that it didn't automatically decrypt the game. So w/e, I let it do that, except after the decryption phase, IT STARTS REDOWNLOADING THE ENTIRE GAME ALL OVER AGAIN. ♥♥♥♥ you Steam, last time I'm preordering anything from you...

tl:dr ♥♥♥♥ you Steam, last time I'm pre-ordering anything from you...

Shmup
03-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Just the common folder? I'm pretty sure you should've copied all of the related files from the whole steamapps folder because there are some .ncf game files outside the common folder that are needed by Steam too.

Lord_Gannondorf
03-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Let it download for a little while and it may realize the files are there and start skipping them.

Your fault, though, not Steams.

sigh_4_life
03-01-2011, 06:30 PM
I didn't have to do that for other games I transferred over and it worked. Just now its DO NOT BYPASS THE WORD FILTER at me.

Ultima V|RUZ
03-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Please learn to express yourself in a calm, mature manner and we will try to help you with your problems.

This isn't even a fault of Steam's. You can't just go swapping files around and think it's going to automatically work. Believe me, I tried.

In any case, stay calm. Relax. Deep breaths. Try again, or just let it download.