PDA

View Full Version : Hi

scoobydoo2222
03-01-2011, 07:02 PM
I was vac banned for so called cheating i dont care if it stays banned i just want to things the map packs i bought on my new account and if you can hide the vac ban it;s ruining my gaming name would be different if I did hack account that was VAC BANNED from mw2 is cocopuff12 my new account shaggy211 thanks for your time

Silicon Vampire
03-01-2011, 07:15 PM
You'll have to purchase the map packs for the new account.

Games and DLC's are not transferable to another account, especially from a VAC banned account.

Sticky: Valve Anti-Cheat: Information Thread (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1385172)

From the support FAQ pages (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_search.php?searchwords=VAC):

Please read up on VAC, in the above thread and in the support section (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_search.php?searchwords=vac]Support FAQ on VAC).

These forums can not help with VAC ban issues.

scoobydoo2222
03-01-2011, 07:58 PM
alright

Salith
03-02-2011, 05:33 AM
Don't use ANY external program to alter MW2. Activision wanted it locked down more severely than Fort Knox.

Radnartjie
03-02-2011, 06:55 AM
Yes this is a great misfortune , that Valve Bans at the Drop of a Hat as even if it was not you that installed the cheat or program that caused you to get banned, Valve doe sent Care who cheated if there were cheats, the account is banned, This Happened to me yesterday as i was wrongfully Banned By Valve (which is actually illegal) but what can i do? Nothing for "Cheating" in Modern warfare 2 multiplayer i wasn't i wouldn't even know how to? Valves VAC is not Perfect as there are alot of people who have been wrongfully banned by Valve ( personally i think it's a money making scheme but that's my opinion ) I'm new to Gaming and this is the kind of thing that drives me away from it, but amongst all this complaining etc i have an idea to propose to valve that might help sort out this dilemma with clients being wrongfully banned Why not move onto VAC 3 ? With a few changes, first change Bans aren't Permanent but only for 30 days or what so ever but the second Ban is permanent as this i think is fair to those who did not now there was cheats installed on their PC without their permission and it gives everyone a second last chance but will still have the Bans on record also with VAC 3 why not introduce a Scanning/warning system ? it will warn you as soon as you connect to Steam and before you play any games that checks for unintentional hacks etc that may get you banned as this will prevent this kind of thing or unless Valve likes people to get banned ? Remember Google's Motto ... "Don't be EVIL" Just my 2 cents i hope it helps

Nekomancer
03-02-2011, 07:01 AM
Why should it be illegal for Valve to ban you? You even accepted that Valve can terminate your account or your subscriptions at any time, without the need to disclosure why. That means they can do what they want.

Also, don't hijack other people's threads to rant. You have your own thread:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1776017

It seems you didn't read the last post in your thread:
OR... you could stop the self-pity, contact Steam Support - tell them what you have found and see if they unban you like they did for the last person that this happened to.

(Before the "that was never proven" thing, the Valve employee that stated it was due to a virus and the user had been unbanned is enough proof)

Also if your PC is insecure enough to let trojans in, its also insecure enough to allow keyloggers, etc. in to it!

Fyndir
03-02-2011, 07:05 AM
Valves VAC is not Perfect as there are alot of people who have been wrongfully banned by Valve

Assuming you mean people who were banned and never unbanned, can you prove that?

There have been relatively rare cases of errors, which have been admitted publicly by Valve, and in the most well known case (an error to do with an updated DLL file, if memory serves) everyone who got banned both had the ban removed and got a free copy of L4D2.

it will warn you as soon as you connect to Steam and before you play any games

Which would make it hilariously easy for the people who make cheats to test if they have successfully avoided VAC with their new cheats / versions, and thus make the system entirely useless.

Nekomancer
03-02-2011, 07:20 AM
Also, how do you differentiate between intentional and unintentional? It is not possible. Either someone is using a cheat or not. Computers know only yes or no, black or white, zero or one. They can't say maybe, grey or two.

And as Valve stated, the intention does not matter, the act alone matters. So don't expect any pity from them if you tell them your cheating was unintentional.

Radnartjie
03-02-2011, 07:32 AM
i have reported it already but i get the copy/paste message basically saying you will never be unbanned no matter the circumstances which is not right as i haven't cheated and im being accused for something i haven't done?

Fyndir
03-02-2011, 07:34 AM
i have reported it already but i get the copy/paste message basically saying you will never be unbanned no matter the circumstances which is not right as i haven't cheated and im being accused for something i haven't done?

If you're getting that message forever, it probably means they've checked and decided that they think your ban is legitimate.

You can keep trying to contact support, if you really want, maybe some new facts will come to light eventually and vindicate you, but it seems unlikely.

Radnartjie
03-02-2011, 07:44 AM
yes i fully understand the user agreement of Steam but it's just very frustrating to a player who payed for the game and never cheated and i don't earn a salary im only 14 so it's not so easy to re- buy all those games for my new account as i'm living ina third world country where things are alot more expensive here? and my parents refuse to buy any more games for me because of this ( they say that if i want to buy them again i must do so myself) i currently have 40 Titles that would be very expensive to re-buy? Can you maybe try to understand why im so frustrated now ? :(

Fyndir
03-02-2011, 08:00 AM
You're banned from 40 different games?

That is...odd.

Yes, I understand your frustration, but given the past behaviour of Valve, I am inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.