PDA

View Full Version : Activation Limit? What Happens when run out?

BaSeBallDuDeR
03-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Does anyone know what happens when the activation limit is reached? Does it not let me play the game anymore?

bigdog4215
03-02-2011, 10:37 AM
I herd you can get more activations through yuplay and you have 30 to begin with.

BaSeBallDuDeR
03-02-2011, 01:37 PM
I herd you can get more activations through yuplay and you have 30 to begin with.
well it said something like 2 left and i already installed it 3 times maybe? anyways Im just freaking out that going to get locked out or something?

bigdog4215
03-02-2011, 02:18 PM
I read something about deactivating the game 1st before uninstalling it saves activations which should give you 30 activations.

BaSeBallDuDeR
03-02-2011, 02:42 PM
I read something about deactivating the game 1st before uninstalling it saves activations which should give you 30 activations.
How do u deactivate it?

bigdog4215
03-02-2011, 07:35 PM
I just copied and pasted this from somewhere else.I don't own the game I was just think about buying after trying the demo and did some research first.

When I installed and activated, I clicked the link for more information on the DRM. Here's the part about deactivating and reactivating. Sucks that we have to remember all this, but I understand why DRM is implemented... *sigh*

So here's the scoop:

3. Application deactivation

The application deactivation can be useful if it is planned to change the system configuration, reinstall the operating system or transfer the application to another computer. The deactivation feature, as well as the number of available deactivations is set by the publisher during the application protection.
3.1. Application deactivation using the Internet

To deactivate the application, run it while holding down Shift or Ctrl. The activation window is displayed then; it already contains the Serial Number specified during the application activation. Go to “Deactivate” hyperlink.

After that, the deactivation confirmation window appears. Press “Deactivate”.

If the computer is connected to the Internet, and the product publisher has provided for the deactivation using the Internet, an attempt to deactivate the application automatically is made. If it succeeds, the application is deactivated. If automatic deactivation fails or it is not provided for by the product publisher, see section 3.2 of this document.

Attention! The product is actually deactivated on the computer after the deactivation confirmation.
3.2. Application deactivation without the Internet

Go to “Other means” hyperlink in the deactivation confirmation window. A window with information about the deactivation registration on server appears.

The application can be deactivated by going to an activation website (URL is indicated in the window) from another computer. Select “Product deactivation” on the activation website.

Deactivation is performed as follows. Enter the Serial Number and the Hardware Code to the corresponding fields on the website and press “Deactivate”. If the license check succeeds, the application is deactivated.

Just as with activation, deactivation can be performed by email, phone, or SMS.
3.3. Re-deactivation

As mentioned above, the application is actually deactivated on the computer right after the deactivation confirmation. If the process is not completed for some reason, it is possible to repeat it.

To do so, the application deactivation should be run once more using one of the methods as described above. After the deactivation confirmation, perform the above-mentioned procedure (using the Internet or without it) once more.
3.4. Reactivation

Reactivation using the Internet is on the whole similar to automatic activation.

Reactivation without the Internet is similar to the activation without the Internet. Enter the Serial Number and the Hardware Code to the corresponding fields on the activation website. After pressing “Get Activation Key”, a key to reactivate and run the application is displayed.
4. Application activation and deactivation using protect.exe

The process of the application activation and deactivation can be also started by running the executable file of the protection system, protect.exe, which is in the application folder. The Activate, reactivate or deactivate application command should be selected in the displayed window.

I just copied and pasted this from somewhere else.I don't own the game I was just think about buying after trying the demo and did some research first.