PDA

View Full Version : Game Manual Please

TyloniusFunk
03-02-2011, 03:06 PM
It would be great if we could access a PDF Manual from the main site. I need SOMETHING to do at work!

Hentzau
03-02-2011, 05:12 PM
It would be great if there was a .pdf manual full stop*. Or any kind of resource that told me how the game worked besides a tutorial scenario that was literally "Here's how you play cards! Now figure the rest out for yourself!" This is a complex climate change simulator and we're expected to understand it without any sort of documented support whatsoever; this is even more baffling when probably the number one request during the beta (at least on my "bug report" form, and most other peoples' judging from the forums I read) was for the love of god give us MORE FEEDBACK. We need to know how stuff works before we can play the game!

Honestly, if we're expected to generate the documentation ourselves via that wiki that was posted then that's incredibly poor. Right now I'm getting a bit sick and tired of bouncing off the surface of the Three Degrees scenario because the game won't explain why things are happening or how to stop them.

*I am aware of the one in the game directory, which when you pare out the how-to-play-cards bit basically amounts to a side of A4 which says "Things emit stuff. Try to stop things emitting stuff." For comparison Solium Infernum - another complex indie game designed and programmed by one guy - came with a 50-page pdf manual that explained the rules in exhaustive detail.

EDIT: This sounds really snarky and critical reading it back, but one of the reasons I am so annoyed is because this game could be amazing if only it would tell me how to play it.

ScardyBob
03-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Generic manual can be found at:C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\fate of the world\share\doc\fotw named "fotw-manual-en.pdf"

However, its not very good. Also, the in-game wiki has some of the relevant info, but its not very organized. 1stCD is working on a FAQ/Walkthrough/Strategy Guide at http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1777374, but no clue on how long its going to take. Basically, right now its trial and error plus feedback on this forum.