PDA

View Full Version : The patch is out.

RaranTroff
03-02-2011, 05:03 PM
I read through the notes and honestly it doesn't look like the patch does anything to add fun to the game.

There is a new mode I may check out but you still have to tend the heroes just not kill them. Not really sure what the point is there.

I guess monsters can move around a bit and harass the goblins. Honestly unless I can directly control them I don't see the point.

There is some other stuff as well. Not sure if it will bring the game back but it seems too little too late if you ask me. By too little I mean they tried to plug the hole in the titanic with a penny.

a gentleman
03-03-2011, 01:48 AM
When I read "New Gamemode.." I kind of briefly had my hopes up that they'd come to their senses and give people what they want: "Pet Dungeon" :(

valacan
03-03-2011, 07:08 AM
Boo hoo, they didn't remake the game as a Dungeon Keeper clone. I think the improvements are good and help accent what the gameplay is supposed to be like.

Ric666
03-03-2011, 07:26 AM
it's a start for sure :)

City Builder
03-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Refresh my mind, what was Pet Dungeon about again?

vicviper
03-03-2011, 12:00 PM
I read through the notes and honestly it doesn't look like the patch does anything to add fun to the game.

What are you talking about? Amusement mode is tons of fun! They are adding new game content for free and their support is excellent, what's not to like about that???

RaranTroff
03-03-2011, 02:24 PM
What are you talking about? Amusement mode is tons of fun! They are adding new game content for free and their support is excellent, what's not to like about that???

It sounds like Theme Park Tycoon underground edition is all. I was hoping for something other than having to babysit heroes thats all. Anything would do honestly, perhaps the more miserable they are the more soul resource you get or something. Just something evil instead of what it is now.

soyu
03-04-2011, 11:42 AM
They might as well add rides.. interaction with stuff you build. like roller coaster tycoon. :P step right up for the wheel of torture! afterwards, stop by the armory for free helms, courtesy of our dungeon lords. then leave the dungeon, tell your friends.. we thank you for visiting.

Neverpleased
03-04-2011, 01:13 PM
Well they did patch the creatures, they made them even less useful.

I decided to start a custom game and guess what? I can't kill the heroes. I literally filled an entire room with pentagrams and lvl 25 monsters (vs lvl 20 heroes) and they STILL didn't even dent the heroes armour.

The game got ♥♥♥♥ed and ♥♥♥♥ed good.

You patched what wasn't broken and ended up with even less.