PDA

View Full Version : Things you shouldnt bother suggesting.

Gamingliker
03-03-2011, 05:15 AM
Dont Bother:
Flamethrower: Its been suggested alot,and been thrown down anyway.

Bow: How many arrows will you find total lying around?Its more likely to find Laser then a whole bunch of arrows around.

New infected: Its just a DLC, dont get too excited.
(You can however,make a rubbish thread that is humorous and contains a reasonable sense of humor and sarcasm.)

Crash course addition: Its already comfirmed,dont keep asking.

Infected animals: Try and get flamed.

New items: Valve said no new lines,highly doubt this will be of much use.

Adding German Weapons: Let the german have their own advantage.
Not that awp is gonna be better then hunting rifle or military sniper though.

No RPG Launchers and no Grenades.And definitely dont try suggesting a HaXoRz Wepaonz.

Dont ask for add-on campigns to be made official: The file size will swell to enormous proportions

Let me know,i will update these.Bump it.

hitmen74
03-03-2011, 05:34 AM
Wow talk about a hater. Many people I have played with love the idea of a flame thrower as a new weapon idea. Maybe it isn't a good idea for Cold Stream but maybe for let's say another new DLC Steam map that continues the L4D2 story.

The Arrow/Crossbow thing I agree with you on that it's a terrible idea & the reload for the weapon would hamper you.

Infected animals...agree that has got to be the worst idea I have heard & can't understand why people keep pushing for that.

New Infected...that is probably going to come from either a L4D2 DLC map that continues the story or L4D3.

TheCombatMedic
03-03-2011, 05:55 AM
Flamethrower=easy mode/easy griefing.

Gamingliker
03-03-2011, 06:08 AM
Wow talk about a hater. Many people I have played with love the idea of a flame thrower as a new weapon idea. Maybe it isn't a good idea for Cold Stream but maybe for let's say another new DLC Steam map that continues the L4D2 story.

The Arrow/Crossbow thing I agree with you on that it's a terrible idea & the reload for the weapon would hamper you.

Infected animals...agree that has got to be the worst idea I have heard & can't understand why people keep pushing for that.

New Infected...that is probably going to come from either a L4D2 DLC map that continues the story or L4D3.

I am not hating on the flamethrower,but seeing how confusing the thread gets when its about flamethrower,kinda like thrown down and forgotten.I wont mind one.

AjBastian27
03-03-2011, 06:18 AM
Dont Bother:
Flamethrower: Its been suggested alot,and been thrown down anyway.

Bow: How many arrows will you find total lying around?Its more likely to find Laser then a whole bunch of arrows around.

(You can however,make a rubbish thread that is humorous and contains a reasonable sense of humor and sarcasm.)

Infected animals: Try and get flamed.

New items: Valve said no new lines,highly doubt this will be of much use.

Adding German Weapons: Let the german have their own advantage.
Not that awp is gonna be better then hunting rifle or military sniper though.

No RPG Launchers and no Grenades.And definitely dont try suggesting a HaXoRz Wepaonz.

Let me know,i will update these.Bump it.

umm.. lets see, I don't think you should "not bother" suggesting most of that stuff but its less than likely to happen.

Aside from the infected animals, I hope we won't even see those in L4D3.

Flamethrower is always possible, the odds of 1 new weapon and 1 new melee or reasonable.
Bow probably not, doesn't really fit in l4d in my opinion
No new SI or items and such because no DLC has done that
probably no new grenade or launchers.

So you are correct for the majority, but it's always fun to talk this stuff up :)

Gamingliker
03-03-2011, 06:38 AM
umm.. lets see, I don't think you should "not bother" suggesting most of that stuff but its less than likely to happen.

Aside from the infected animals, I hope we won't even see those in L4D3.

Flamethrower is always possible, the odds of 1 new weapon and 1 new melee or reasonable.
Bow probably not, doesn't really fit in l4d in my opinion
No new SI or items and such because no DLC has done that
probably no new grenade or launchers.

So you are correct for the majority, but it's always fun to talk this stuff up :)

Ya,but unless they make the flame thrower require you to go dangerously close to a infected( Pretty nasty tank on expert)
But it still needs to work out damage, animation, how the flame puffs work,range.... etc etc

It aint easy designing a new weapon.

AjBastian27
03-03-2011, 06:50 AM
Ya,but unless they make the flame thrower require you to go dangerously close to a infected( Pretty nasty tank on expert)
But it still needs to work out damage, animation, how the flame puffs work,range.... etc etc

O definately I bet it's very difficult, most people say the flamethrower would be overpowered, but for me it'd be very well balanced.

This is how they should balance it:
Very VERY! short range
Low fuel
No way to refuel

Its as simple as that, it'd be great for a horde, but you'd only have enough fuel or maybe 2 hordes. Itd be awful for range!! also it'd be good for tanks, but someone would have to have the balls to be standing 5 feet from it to light it up lol

Rusty Woud
03-03-2011, 08:12 AM

i agree, i do love the concept but it may be too big to fit in with this dlc, might be seen in a later release tho like lets say ... l4d3 lol

ShovelyJoe
03-03-2011, 09:33 AM

God I hate that word so much.
Called someone a hater is just rejecting criticism.
Flamethrowers been shot down over 9000 times. We have molotovs. W have gas cans. We have fire ammo.

Also:
We don't make guesses into the future of what will be included because if I say anything people will get mad if it comes true or not - and we don't know until we do it. A classic example is being asked in an interview about weapons and saying we tested the pyro flamethrower - that got turned into somehow me promising and then lying that we were going to put a flame thrower in the game. Which is great, but I never said it. We didn't like it and it had a serious impact on the game and performance.

Tyrant vs Tank
03-03-2011, 09:38 AM
Things we know about Cold Stream

- Its a custom campaign
- Made by the guy who made 2 Evil Eyes with an over the shoulder by Valve

That's it.

About the only two things I see not happening are new weapons and new SI.

Things that COULD happen.

- 4-5 map campaign
- Mix/Match Survivors only if Valve decides to go all out with coding
- Melee weapon shed
- New Tank skin

And about a half dozen other things not named SI/Weapons.

AjBastian27
03-03-2011, 10:14 AM

- Its a custom campaign

That's it.

About the only two things I see not happening are new weapons and new SI.

- 4-5 map campaign
- Melee weapon shed
- New Tank skin

I'm glad to see some people think thats a possibility :)!!

bloodfox1222
03-03-2011, 11:10 AM

Who are you talking with? I despise the idea of a flamethrower and would hate to have it in-game.

Rusty Woud
03-03-2011, 11:39 AM

- Its a custom campaign

That's it.

About the only two things I see not happening are new weapons . and new SI.

- 4-5 map campaign
- Melee weapon shed
- New Tank skin

why is this not a possibility? the passing brought over the m60 and the golf club, so its not out of the relm of possibility that a new melee weapon may be introduced

Tyrant vs Tank
03-03-2011, 11:53 AM
Because Valve will have to to be a part of that process and im not sure that's an area they are going to go down with a non canon custom campaign.

So the probability is very low, not dead I suppose but very low.

Rusty Woud
03-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Because Valve will have to to be a part of that process and im not sure that's an area they are going to go down with a non canon custom campaign.

So the probability is very low, not dead I suppose but very low.

oh ok ... but yea i guess we'll just have to wait and see ;)

whitedragon
03-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Flame thrower=tanks will suffer

Karma Jockey
03-03-2011, 01:49 PM
No new audio = no new items, infected, mixed survivors etc... only thing new this DLC will come with is the Cold Stream campaign with it's custom assets.

larrybrains
03-03-2011, 08:37 PM
No new audio = no new items, infected, mixed survivors etc... only thing new this DLC will come with is the Cold Stream campaign with it's custom assets.

Yeah, unless they reuse lines for other weapons/infected that are somewhat ambiguous

You know, mechanic/takemelee09

or

mechanic/heardspecialc105

and various other generic audio files that don't reference specific names that can be used.

Tokyoromi
03-03-2011, 08:39 PM

And who are you to say what we can & cannot post?

PS - Where was Crash Course confirmed? Was The Last Stand?

Gamingliker
03-04-2011, 02:30 AM
And who are you to say what we can & cannot post?

PS - Where was Crash Course confirmed? Was The Last Stand?

Last Stand: Noone has a clue yet.Its still stuck at the L4D1 orphanage.
Crash Course: One of the polls asked which campaign you are most excited about.It was one of the options.