PDA

View Full Version : ReInstall BAF / PMC?

PrangerX
03-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Simplest possible solution: There's no problem. I just don't know what Extensions are. (I just checked the wiki article (http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Extensions) ... not real helpful!)
====
I downloaded OA and then BAF/PMC last night.
OA installed just fine. (Actually it locked up but finished correctly after reBoot.)

PMC ran into a problem ... couldn't encrypt Header?
Couldn't decrypt Header? I'm pretty sure it was on the sound pack.
A detail: after installing OA and BAF I was given the option of joining those groups. That didn't happen with PMC ... makes me suspicious.

It seemed non-critical, but now I seem to be stuck.

Lauch OA, no problem. Click Expansion, select ... get "You need to restart the game to apply some of the changes made". Ok. But there were no changes made ... anyhow ...
Restart. Click Expansion. Same thing, again and again.
Launch using the BAF or PMC icon ... same thing.

Addenda: I Deleted Local content for PMC and re-installed. Same problem. Just did the same for BAF. No fix. I think I've overlooked something here. Maybe I don't have any extensions installed?

TIA
P^X

p.s. First time I use Steam DL; I have retail CDs for other games. Something comes to mind: how do I re-install if I upgrade HD? (I'm guessing Steam takes care of that.) Can I install these on my 2nd box? (I guess I'll just have to try!)

Dwarden
03-06-2011, 05:46 PM
did You started STEAM via "Run As Administrator" ?

PrangerX
03-06-2011, 06:42 PM
did You started STEAM via "Run As Administrator" ?Yuppers ... BT/DT ;p

I just uninstalled (Delete Local Content) and whatever had been corrupted got cleared out.
Only thing I missed: when I installed BAF first time I got that "Join Group" option. But because PMC was corrupted, I didn't. And 2nd time I installed I didn't get that option. So in the end that's the only down-side: gotta hunt for that group.

thanks
^5