PDA

View Full Version : Can't get download to complete (OSX)

Xenesis
03-04-2011, 12:09 AM
Hi Guys, I'm having an issue.

I'm running OSX Steam (10.6.6) and the game refuses to finish the download.

I have tried the following:

-Deleting clientregistry.blob
-Deleting and redownloading the game
-Changing download region.

Every time it appears to be stuck on the last 5-10k of the game and refuses to download the very last bit, otherwise claiming steam servers to be too busy.

What is more baffling is that it worked prior to a few weeks ago. :confused:

Help please?

tsew99
03-04-2011, 02:29 PM
I have exactly the same problem.

I noticed that some people had the problem fixed after the Feb 24 version of Steam - this did not fix it for me.

I tried removing the application and the .ncf file. Again no luck - keeps saying paused and 99% complete.

greengordon
03-12-2011, 02:27 AM
I have exactly the same problem.

I noticed that some people had the problem fixed after the Feb 24 version of Steam - this did not fix it for me.

I tried removing the application and the .ncf file. Again no luck - keeps saying paused and 99% complete.

Same here... It's doing my head in...

greengordon
03-13-2011, 11:41 AM
I restored from Time Machine and it seems to work now... Have you all tried deleting the And Yet It Moves folder from your Application Support/Steam/Common folder? (that would have been my next step)

v01pe
03-16-2011, 05:20 AM
Hello all!

There was a problem with the last version of AYIM we submitted to Valve, but they have reverted it to the older (working) revision of the game - which has the same features as the newest version.

We currently work on fixing the update (but if you had the game already running, there are no improvements for you in that update).

Does the stuck at 99% while updating bug still happen to you?

Best, Jan from Broken Rules

v01pe
03-17-2011, 02:43 AM
Have you all tried deleting the And Yet It Moves folder from your Application Support/Steam/Common folder? (that would have been my next step)

It should be enough to 'Delete Local Content…' from within steam: Just secondary click on And Yet It Moves in the games list and delete the game files from there. When you install the game from scratch it should work!

Thanks, greengordon for the clue

tsew99
03-31-2011, 07:46 AM
"delete local content" from within steam was not enough. Still had the same problem - stuck at 99% complete.

Deleting the "and yet it moves" folder from "application support/steam/steamapps/common" solved the problem.

v01pe
03-31-2011, 11:10 AM
ah ok! thanks for the hint!

xepherys
04-17-2011, 12:22 PM
"delete local content" from within steam was not enough. Still had the same problem - stuck at 99% complete.

Deleting the "and yet it moves" folder from "application support/steam/steamapps/common" solved the problem.

Where is this located? I deleted what was left behind in my applications folder after removing it from within Steam. Still won't pull down - in fact it keeps putting it's download into suspended mode.

v01pe
04-18-2011, 03:50 PM
Where is this located? I deleted what was left behind in my applications folder after removing it from within Steam. Still won't pull down - in fact it keeps putting it's download into suspended mode.

All steam games are placed at the application support folder in your home directory. Easiest way to get there:
* Open finder
* Press cmd. + shift + G
* Paste this string:
~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/

When you're there, delete the folder "and yet it moves" - I think its best to quit steam while you doing this.

Best, Jan