PDA

View Full Version : Configuration Doesn't Work... Period

PenquinDude
03-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Changing options in the configuration programs and clicking change does not save the changes. Manually editing the configuration files does not actually change any settings in game. Is there some registry setting I need to edit too? How the hell do you not test if CHANGING SETTINGS works?

Pieboy337
03-04-2011, 12:11 PM
Doesn't work for me either. Would be nice if this could be fixed so I could play the game fullscreen.

quife
03-04-2011, 12:36 PM
I just bought my sister a copy of "crazy taxi".....and not only can i not get full screen to work.....it does not recognize her controller......she has 2 controllers.....none of them are recognized.
You think steam would have worked this out ahead of time.

Cy-Fox
03-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Doesn't work for me either. Would be nice if this could be fixed so I could play the game fullscreen.

I can confirm this issue. And to think that I was going to hype it up at Sonic Blast.

EDIT: Here's what I tried, which did not work:
-Running the configuration tool as Administrator (using Windows 7)
-Running the configuration tool under Windows XP compatibility mode as Administrator
-Running the game as Administrator
-Running the game under Windows XP compatibility mode as Administrator
-Manually adjusting the config.ini file. Changes do not even take effect.

Same thing goes for Crazy Taxi.

gablewriter
03-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Same here. Neither Sega Bass Fishing nor Crazy Taxi save their configuration settings. I'm going to have to change my monitor resolution just to fit the entire window.

Joopy
03-04-2011, 02:51 PM
For Windows 7 create the Directory:

C:\Users\{your usename}\Documents\Sega\SONIC ADVENTURE DX

copy the config.ini there and edit it and everything works.

GhostFreak
03-04-2011, 03:10 PM
After users it's "My Documents" not "Documents" and there is no Sega folder listed under my documents.

ddaydj
03-04-2011, 03:22 PM

Confirmed this works! Make a folder in My Documents called Sega and then another folder in there with the game name, in my case space channel 5 part 2. Copy the config.ini in there and it will actually load and save your settings. I saw it also added SC5PART2_DAT to that folder after running the game.

Wickwack
03-04-2011, 03:23 PM

I'm not worried about settings right now I'm worried about my game saves actually saving.....

Shakey_Jake33
03-04-2011, 03:36 PM
What Joopy posted allows one to manually edit the config.ini file (thanks for that), as well as to save... but I still seem to be unable to get my 360 controller to work. Or rather, I don't know which ini settings to alter to make it work.

Sega, did you guys even test this before sticking it on Steam?

Louie82Y
03-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Learned my lesson from the Stranger's Wrath port BS last Winter, and checked the forums before making a purchase. Thank god I did. Took a whole month for Just Add Water to make SW playable, wouldn't surprise me if Sega took twice as long.

Shodan79
03-04-2011, 05:22 PM
What Joopy posted allows one to manually edit the config.ini file (thanks for that), as well as to save... but I still seem to be unable to get my 360 controller to work. Or rather, I don't know which ini settings to alter to make it work.

Sega, did you guys even test this before sticking it on Steam?

For some reason when I run the config file, the game won't see the controler but then the control responds while in game. But for some reason there is a delay in the response time so it causes me miss the dance moves in SC5.

__Cxlee__
03-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Confirmed this works! Make a folder in My Documents called Sega and then another folder in there with the game name, in my case space channel 5 part 2. Copy the config.ini in there and it will actually load and save your settings. I saw it also added SC5PART2_DAT to that folder after running the game.

I tried that, the SP5PART2_DAT was added to the folder, but my config STILL won't save after that. Anyone experiencing this problem as well?

Shakey_Jake33
03-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Config.exe is broken, you have to edit the config.ini file manually in Notepad.

Shodan79
03-04-2011, 06:06 PM

Same here...now i have to try and figure out how to remap the controls. The ones for SC52 are awkward.

__Cxlee__
03-04-2011, 06:08 PM

Gah, okie-doke. Any help on that one? Haha...

I wanted it on fullscreen, 800 x 600, Japanese Voice Acting, English Text. Controls and Colour is fine.

Decade7
03-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Confirmed, this works on win 7 for crazy taxi.
Do the following :
-Go to C: > Users > (yourname) > My Documents >
- create the folder 'Sega'
- inside that create the folder 'crazy taxi'

-Go to C: > Program files(x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > crazy taxi >
- select the file config.ini (1kb) and copy it into the first 'crazy taxi' folder described above. Now changes will work, including full screen.

That said, does anyone know what the different resolution settings correspond to, in particular what 1920 X 1080 might be ?
PS, open with wordpad, not Notepad

Cy-Fox
03-04-2011, 08:12 PM
I know 3 is 1024x768. Other than that, it's up in the air. I'm raising Hell on the official SEGA forums on our behalf. We shouldn't have to put up with shoddy program design to fill their coffers. Keep in mind that Steam (i.e Valve) is simply the distributor. SEGA's the ones responsible for the content and whatever technical problems that arise from its use/design.

Louie82Y
03-04-2011, 08:30 PM
I remember this (http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=193421#p193421) working great for the old SADX PC port. Will it work with the Steam version at all?

PenquinDude
03-04-2011, 08:59 PM
I remember this (http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=193421#p193421) working great for the old SADX PC port. Will it work with the Steam version at all?

Probably not, that refers to direct memory locations which have probably changed in the new port.

dkwo
03-05-2011, 06:35 AM
Okay I copied and edited "%userprofile%\Documents\SEGA\space channel 5 part 2\config.ini" and fullscreen is now working on my Windows 7.

But I can't get Japanese voice working -- has anyone got voice language switching working? Japanese voice resources doesn't seem to even exist in Steam's data folder though...

kevinski
03-05-2011, 07:31 AM
Japanese voice resources doesn't seem to even exist in Steam's data folder though...

Actually, I'm pretty sure that they're in there. Go to your Steam folder, then:

steamapps > common > space channel 5 part 2 > sound_resource_bin

The files with _jp right before the file extension should be the Japanese sounds.

metal_spider
03-05-2011, 07:42 AM
Actually, I'm pretty sure that they're in there. Go to your Steam folder, then:

steamapps > common > space channel 5 part 2 > sound_resource_bin

The files with _jp right before the file extension should be the Japanese sounds.

Do take note: The Mecha vs Space Michael singing battle in chapter 4 is broken if you decide to play with Japanese voices. SEGA somehow forgot to include the voice clips for that whole gameplay segment.

kevinski
03-05-2011, 07:56 AM
SEGA somehow forgot to include the voice clips for that whole gameplay segment.

Ouch.

Shakey_Jake33
03-05-2011, 08:02 AM
If people can figure out what the file *should* be called, I guess we can rename the English language file. Obviously this is hardly ideal, but it would allow people to finish that one portion of the game.

In the long term, it might be worth doing the hard work ourselves and checking if the Dreamcast or Playstation 2 versions also use .adx for sound, it might be simple enough to fix the problem ourselves. After all, I can't see Sega doing it.

dkwo
03-05-2011, 09:36 AM
So rename the voice resource files is the only way to make this work? I wonder if this can be done by tweaking config.ini...

DracoStraybyrn
03-05-2011, 09:57 AM
I can't seem to get my SADX file to save, and I made the folder. :/

dkwo
03-06-2011, 08:42 AM
Okay now I can confirm that the sound_resource_bin folder has no relation to voice selection in Space Channel 5 Part 2 -- I tried renaming *_jp.bin to *.bin the voice is still in English, even tried delete the entire sound_resource_bin folder and the voice is still in English.

The only voice data used in the game is in the afs_english folder, if the game ever support Japanese voice there should be a folder called afs_japanese or something...

Since the config utility doesn't work fully on my Windows 7, does anyone have Japanese voice working on their XP machines?

ShinKagato
03-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Anyone having issue finding the option for Japanese voice acting, you need to change the string called Voice_Language= to a 0, any other number will give you english. I tried playing through it in english and although Apollo Smile is pretty good, everyone else sounds flat, especially Purge. Its been said before though, when your with Space Michael fighting the giant combined Peace Robot anytime the robot says "Dance" you wont hear anything. Very very frustrating and if i hadnt played the Dreamcast original to death id never have beaten it. Has anyone worked out how to re-add the voices for Michael and the robot or are we hoping Sega will patch it?

As for the config file, this isnt actually Segas fault but something that happens quite a lot with Steam and Windows 7. Ive had to go into the config files recently for Final Fantasy 11, Star Trek Online and DC Universe which have all been made by different developers, the one thing they have in common is Steam.

curryking3
03-06-2011, 02:22 PM
I know 3 is 1024x768. Other than that, it's up in the air. I'm raising Hell on the official SEGA forums on our behalf. We shouldn't have to put up with shoddy program design to fill their coffers. Keep in mind that Steam (i.e Valve) is simply the distributor. SEGA's the ones responsible for the content and whatever technical problems that arise from its use/design.

That is true, but Valve is responsible for basic quality control on approving games to be sold through their Steam network.

The same applies to Sony or Microsoft who have to certify that games will actually work on their customers hardware/software according to some reasonable standards.

Valve is also responsible here for helping to distribute a clearly faulty set of games.

Good Old Games (GoG) on the other hand only sells their games when they know they will work on their customers hardware. And on top of that GoG gives reliable guides on how to work games or use modifications to make the user experience even better (e.g. the guide for Planescape: Torment visual modifications, bug fixes, and unlocking quests). GoG doesn't own the games they sell on their network, but they offer a significant amount of resources for users.

Valve on the other hand has not done their homework in regards to Crazy Taxi all, and they should be held accountable for this.

So their is still responsibility of SEGA and Valve to fix these issues immediately, or they are simply too big and profitable to care about the users anymore.

The quality of this port is a joke. Why push consumers to have to use illegal methods just to play the games? Not only does the port suck, but it's overpriced. Almost 10 dollars for an arcade game port from 1999? What a joke.

dkwo
03-07-2011, 05:55 AM
Anyone having issue finding the option for Japanese voice acting, you need to change the string called Voice_Language= to a 0, any other number will give you english.This is cool -- I can finally hear it in Japanese!! :D

RangerXML
03-07-2011, 08:35 AM
This is cool -- I can finally hear it in Japanese!! :D

Now we just need to know how to enable subs.

Pumpgunner
03-07-2011, 11:42 AM
^ yeah, but besides that:
How is it possible to rearrange the directional keys?

I want to change: left, right, up, down to h, k, u, j

Any solution?

ChrisD
03-07-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm looking into the configuration file issues today. So far I'm finding it unpredictable, but I am looking at it.

Skunky
03-07-2011, 12:44 PM
I'm looking into the configuration file issues today. So far I'm finding it unpredictable, but I am looking at it.

:D That sounds good. Now we only need a solution for the Music being out of the beat and the screwed up graphics.

ezodagrom
03-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Nice to hear someone is looking into this.
Basically, the configuration application doesn't work, and there's saving issues.
All games in the collection should have created automatically a SEGA/"GAME NAME" folder in the Documents folder, but it doesn't. Saving only works when the players manually create those folders and copy the config.ini file into the "GAME NAME" folder. The configuration application still doesn't work after this, but the config.ini file can be manually edited after copying into the "GAME NAME" folder.

There's a few in-game issues, but not only those are kinda minor issues, they're things that only SEGA could take care of, I guess (wonder if anyone from SEGA even checks these steam forums...).
The only one I can speak about is Sonic Adventure DX, which has low detailed graphics (lower quality than PS3/XBox360 versions, even lower than the older 2004 PC port), and there's a couple of situations where there's really loud background noise, so loud that it makes the background music and sound effects nearly inaudible. Those are during the stage called "Twinkle Park", in the area resembling a carnival, and in Amy's version of the stage "Hot Shelter", in an area with several rotating gears.
Apparently Space Channel 5 Part 2 also has a few in-game issues as well, but can't speak about those since I don't have that game.

ChrisD
03-07-2011, 01:36 PM
I've just implemented the fix for the save games. I'm still trying to figure out how the config.exe interacts with the config.ini as it doesn't seem to be directly.

Skunky
03-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Apparently Space Channel 5 Part 2 also has a few in-game issues as well, but can't speak about those since I don't have that game.

- Music is glitched. (Not in the beat)
- Graphic issues (could be my graphic card though)
- Controls being tricky and not responsing

There some threads about these issues.

Sollidottingen
03-07-2011, 02:10 PM
I've just implemented the fix for the save games. I'm still trying to figure out how the config.exe interacts with the config.ini as it doesn't seem to be directly.

It's so awesome that you guys (valve) has started to give us status updates when things aren't working right! Keep doing it =)

Edit: It also helps calming the rage ^^
Edit 2: All games seems to work fine with Xbox 360 Wireless controller btw.

Cy-Fox
03-07-2011, 02:19 PM

Valve cleaning up after SEGA? For the win.

ChrisD
03-07-2011, 03:34 PM
So far I've not gotten anywhere with the config issue. I have a bunch of other things to break today, so I'll pick it back up tomorrow and see if I can make sense of it.

Gleasonator
03-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Valve cleaning up after SEGA? For the win.

This. Times a million.

Thanks a lot, Chris. We appreciate someone stepping up to fix this.

fenarinarsa
03-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Hi, my first post here. I just bought Space Channel 5 Part 2 because I loved this game on PS2 and I have the same config issue.

Here's what I could configure with the config.ini trick (note to Windows users : don't use Notepad but something more advanced like Notepad++ because of the non-Windows CR/LF) :

FULL_SCREEN=1
LANGUAGE=3
RESOLUTION=4
VOICE_LANGUAGE=0

First, note that Notepad++ warns that the game modifies config.ini when launched ("the file has been modified, do you want to reload it ?") but nothing changes in the file.

I wanted to play in Fullscreen, 720p, in Japanese with French subs, which wasn't possible in the original console version (European versions had English audio only).

When I play the game windowed, there is a resize issue : just like if the window wasn't 1280x720 but slightly smaller, so there is resize artifacts on the picture. You can see that in the game, but it's a lot more visible when calling the Steam interface (shift-tab), it's hard to read the text because of the bad resize. I'm running Windows 7 with Aero, so maybe this issue is related to how the game opens the window and set its size. The picture is perfect in Fullscreen.

French text (LANGUAGE=3) is correctly displayed but there is absolutely no subs at all, only in-game regular text. All the European version released so far had subs so they should be somewhere, waiting to be activated :)
Also, note that even with LANGUAGE var set to French, the karaoke parts are... in English.
I also noticed that the end of the explanation for the reverse part misses the second half of the sentence, but it might not be related to this specific version (I don't remember how it was on PS2).

As everyone could notice, the part where Space Michael is expected to sing lacks all the voice files in Japanese (Space Michael + left/right/up/down for the robot) so it's impossible to succeed this part of the game when VOICE_LANGUAGE is set to 0 (Japanese).

Finally, all the videos are in English only, no Japanese versions.

Other than that, I did not get any other video/audio glitches. The game input lags a bit, but as far as I could remember it was the same for the PS2 version.

A final note to say that when the display language is set to "Japanese" and when you want to exit the game, it actually asks you if you want to go back to the Xbox 360 Dashboard :(

TheDude7053
03-08-2011, 12:30 AM
I can save Crazy Taxi's configs just fine with the utility, SEGA Bass Fishing config does not save using the utility, SADX and SC52 are still downloading

ShinKagato
03-08-2011, 05:23 AM
Hi, my first post here. I just bought Space Channel 5 Part 2 because I loved this game on PS2 and I have the same config issue.

Here's what I could configure with the config.ini trick (note to Windows users : don't use Notepad but something more advanced like Notepad++ because of the non-Windows CR/LF) :

FULL_SCREEN=1
LANGUAGE=3
RESOLUTION=4
VOICE_LANGUAGE=0

First, note that Notepad++ warns that the game modifies config.ini when launched ("the file has been modified, do you want to reload it ?") but nothing changes in the file.

I wanted to play in Fullscreen, 720p, in Japanese with French subs, which wasn't possible in the original console version (European versions had English audio only).

When I play the game windowed, there is a resize issue : just like if the window wasn't 1280x720 but slightly smaller, so there is resize artifacts on the picture. You can see that in the game, but it's a lot more visible when calling the Steam interface (shift-tab), it's hard to read the text because of the bad resize. I'm running Windows 7 with Aero, so maybe this issue is related to how the game opens the window and set its size. The picture is perfect in Fullscreen.

French text (LANGUAGE=3) is correctly displayed but there is absolutely no subs at all, only in-game regular text. All the European version released so far had subs so they should be somewhere, waiting to be activated :)
Also, note that even with LANGUAGE var set to French, the karaoke parts are... in English.
I also noticed that the end of the explanation for the reverse part misses the second half of the sentence, but it might not be related to this specific version (I don't remember how it was on PS2).

As everyone could notice, the part where Space Michael is expected to sing lacks all the voice files in Japanese (Space Michael + left/right/up/down for the robot) so it's impossible to succeed this part of the game when VOICE_LANGUAGE is set to 0 (Japanese).

Finally, all the videos are in English only, no Japanese versions.

Other than that, I did not get any other video/audio glitches. The game input lags a bit, but as far as I could remember it was the same for the PS2 version.

A final note to say that when the display language is set to "Japanese" and when you want to exit the game, it actually asks you if you want to go back to the Xbox 360 Dashboard :(

Exactly what the guy above said about Space Channel 5 except that its now been discovered that the final boss battle is also lacking Japanese voices. Im not sure if the voice files are missing completely (in which case i dont know how you would fix that) or if they have been incorrectly labled somewhere which should just be a case of renaming them.

DarkoZL:
03-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Has anyone found a way to remove BGM? Changing the config file to 0 value in the new folder or in the game's directory does nothing.

AtomicGaryBusey
03-08-2011, 02:09 PM
I am very happy to know someone at Valve is trying to fix the game. The simple act of someone at Valve saying "it's bugged" does a LOT to alleviate my frustration. Thanks Chris! :D

-Zenamez-
04-06-2011, 01:15 PM
I'm new to the whole "space channel 5" games, so here's my question: Does the Pc version have english subs? because no matter how many times I 'tinker' with the .ini file, there is no subs.

Mefet
04-10-2011, 04:23 AM
This games should be fixed or retired from the store, if the games aren't working properly because of a bad conversion, sega is laughing at all of us who payed for them...
And later they will complain about piracy...this is incredible:mad:

ResidentEvil
04-12-2011, 07:24 PM
i am not getting it unless they fix it.

RedYellowBlueCR
04-18-2011, 05:22 AM
I'm glad to see your help with these titles, Chris. However, I do find it horrible that Valve has to go and clean up Sega's product. Didn't we hear something from Sega stating that they would fix these games? I guess they really don't care.

ResidentEvil
04-23-2011, 08:30 AM
Did the save patch from ChrisD work?

ezodagrom
04-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Did the save patch from ChrisD work?
No, it didn't.

OMONowez
04-25-2011, 12:45 AM
SEGA did a pretty poor job with those DC games on Steam.

As for Crazy Taxi, the config changes work fine for me, as well as setting the controlls/recognizing the gamepads, but the games runs at a very poor speed, on the same machine as the pc vesion released by sega a long time ago o_O

also my controllers are not recognized by Sonic Adv. DX, this really sucks, especially in a game like SADX...

or does someone have a work around the controller issue on SADX?

Skunky
04-25-2011, 01:07 PM
It's been longer than 1 Month and there is still no Update. This is getting annoying.

ChrisD
04-26-2011, 05:34 PM
I think I may have a solution. Could you try SEGA Bass Fishing and let me know if the update I just made helps with the Config & saving issues for you? It's working for me, but it might be due to other factors.

Also, I noticed something odd about the config tool. It will remember your settings until you launch it again. So if you want to play fullscreen, you set it and it works, but if you launch the config tool again, it shows up as windowed.

Anyway, if this works on SEGA Bass Fishing, I'll mess around with Sonic & Space Channel 5. Crazy Taxi is functioning as expected, correct?

TheDude7053
04-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Hey I tried and still nothing, also I didn't see an update, if that matters.

Lite :3
04-27-2011, 11:04 PM
At least we're getting some feedback from somebody working to fix it, so that's always good. I only own Space Channel 5 and Sonic, though, so i'm not much help. :( I'm still ticked at the hidden control config in SC5's control menu, however!

ResidentEvil
04-28-2011, 10:04 AM
Try to Reinstall the bass fishing game and see. Also i think he should make the update for sonic or space channel 5. More people most likely have it since they are more popular.

Internetakias
04-30-2011, 06:20 PM
I think I may have a solution. Could you try SEGA Bass Fishing and let me know if the update I just made helps with the Config & saving issues for you? It's working for me, but it might be due to other factors.

Also, I noticed something odd about the config tool. It will remember your settings until you launch it again. So if you want to play fullscreen, you set it and it works, but if you launch the config tool again, it shows up as windowed.

Anyway, if this works on SEGA Bass Fishing, I'll mess around with Sonic & Space Channel 5. Crazy Taxi is functioning as expected, correct?
I hope you fix SC5's config, Chris!

Internetakias
04-30-2011, 06:27 PM
At least we're getting some feedback from somebody working to fix it, so that's always good. I only own Space Channel 5 and Sonic, though, so i'm not much help. :( I'm still ticked at the hidden control config in SC5's control menu, however!
In the option, go to settings and reset the settings

foxstyle
05-03-2011, 04:15 AM
any news on the sonic dx config working yet?

bigboss04
05-03-2011, 08:27 PM
I hope Chris didn't forget. He chose the wrong game for people to test out,i don't think Sega Bass fishing is that popular.

foxstyle
05-06-2011, 03:12 AM
tested sega bass fishing it wasnt installed prior to today. controller is not detected but it is on crazy taxi

bigboss04
05-06-2011, 10:23 AM
tested sega bass fishing it wasnt installed prior to today. controller is not detected but it is on crazy taxi

Yea but what about the saving and config? Does the save work? The issue is that you cannot save on the game,it will restart once you quit the game. Also the setting won't save either.

foxstyle
05-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Yea but what about the saving and config? Does the save work? The issue is that you cannot save on the game,it will restart once you quit the game. Also the setting won't save either.

tested the config and you cannot save changes. you also cant save in game.

Internetakias
05-06-2011, 11:43 AM
tested the config and you cannot save changes. you also cant save in game.
Go to the folder Documents or My documents in windows XP and create a folder named SEGA then inside create a folder named Sega Bass Fishing, paste the config.ini and then edit it

foxstyle
05-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Go to the folder Documents or My documents in windows XP and create a folder named SEGA then inside create a folder named Sega Bass Fishing, paste the config.ini and then edit it

im aware of the trick to let you configure settings but you shouldnt have to do that. the config option still doesnt work or detect controls though

Alonzo Orion
05-09-2011, 08:17 PM
What's wrong with Sega Bass Fishing? :L Tested it again, uninstalled, reinstalled, still not possible to save settings. I am depress. :/

foxstyle
05-10-2011, 02:43 AM
What's wrong with Sega Bass Fishing? :L Tested it again, uninstalled, reinstalled, still not possible to save settings. I am depress. :/

dont know but i want to be able to play the games i bought

foxstyle
05-11-2011, 06:00 AM
i really hope that i can play the games when i get back in 2 weeks

ezodagrom
05-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Sent a ticket to SEGA, asking if they're even working on a fix for this, and how come in 2 months they haven't even fixed the save and configuration application issues, this was pretty much the responde:
We are continuing to look into those issues. In the meant time, I'm going to suggest you attempt a general system and driver software update, a manual uninstall of the game and a clean reinstall.
There was more, but it was just details on what are drivers, how to clean reinstall the game and such. ._.
Bah...kinda an useless response...

Alonzo Orion
05-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Bah...kinda an useless response...

That's kind of what I expected off of them to be honest, shouldn't they be offering out refunds by now? I feel sorry for Valve.

sgtpepper17
05-26-2011, 08:33 AM
Any updates on these issues yet?

foxstyle
05-26-2011, 11:34 AM
still doesnt detect my controller though at least they changed the configuration name from default so i guess thats progress?

sgtpepper17
05-26-2011, 02:01 PM
still doesnt detect my controller though at least they changed the configuration name from default so i guess thats progress?
Well that blows, was hoping for it to be fixed by now as even xpadder fails on it.

foxstyle
05-26-2011, 11:50 PM
Well that blows, was hoping for it to be fixed by now as even xpadder fails on it.

i miss the good old days where you could play games you bought

Internetakias
05-27-2011, 01:37 PM
i miss the good old days where you could play games you bought
For controller support go here http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1781777.
Maybe, I should create a thread that has links to all the fixes
EDIT: I PM'd ChrisD and here's the response I got

I wanted to ask you if you are still trying to fix the configuration of the Dreamcast Collection games.
In fact, SEGA is working on it. I have a beta up for them that they're currently testing and preliminary tests suggest that at least three of the games are fixed by it.

foxstyle
05-27-2011, 08:18 PM
For controller support go here http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1781777.

In fact, SEGA is working on it. I have a beta up for them that they're currently testing and preliminary tests suggest that at least three of the games are fixed by it.

i still stand by my controller not being detected by this game while it is detected by crazy taxi to be an issue. ty for linking a fix but it should have been resolved before i bought the game and im still waiting for a legit update.

sgtpepper17
05-28-2011, 07:31 AM

My problem is actually that Space Channel 5 detects my 360 controller, works fine at the menu but as soon as I go in-game nothing works except for the B button which for some reason is mapped to up. Already tried re-installing, remapping with 3rd party software but still no luck. Same also happens to my PS2 controller and my friends unofficial 360 controller...

Internetakias
05-28-2011, 05:58 PM
My problem is actually that Space Channel 5 detects my 360 controller, works fine at the menu but as soon as I go in-game nothing works except for the B button which for some reason is mapped to up. Already tried re-installing, remapping with 3rd party software but still no luck. Same also happens to my PS2 controller and my friends unofficial 360 controller...
Go to Help & Options, Settings and select reset to default

i still stand by my controller not being detected by this game while it is detected by crazy taxi to be an issue. ty for linking a fix but it should have been resolved before i bought the game and im still waiting for a legit update.
The config doesn't detect the controller, only the game does

foxstyle
05-29-2011, 11:48 AM
The config doesn't detect the controller, only the game does

yeah thats still an issue i want the config which is the basic thing to let you map your controls and select the settings of the game without having to make new files and download third party programs to get working properly.

foxstyle
06-04-2011, 01:29 PM
yeah thats still an issue i want the config which is the basic thing to let you map your controls and select the settings of the game without having to make new files and download third party programs to get working properly.

any news on the progress?

Internetakias
06-11-2011, 05:06 PM
any news on the progress?
the only news I can give are in one of my previous posts http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=22628436&postcount=78

foxstyle
06-11-2011, 08:12 PM
the only news I can give are in one of my previous posts http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=22628436&postcount=78

guess as this point i should just give up and install the 3rd party programs u suggested huh lol

Internetakias
06-28-2011, 06:33 PM
So, is anyone working on an unofficial patch for the configuration?

DeVeAnGAMER
07-15-2011, 03:28 AM
What's the news on this? SEGA really needs to fix these issues along with other things performance and visuals are pretty bad.

Knicks7
07-20-2011, 04:10 PM
performance and visuals seem fine to me.

Internetakias
08-08-2011, 10:58 PM
Can't anyone do something about the config? Wow, this is a really hopeless situation.

Shade33
08-22-2011, 08:38 AM
Please tell me they didn't give up trying to fix the config its really frustrating to buy a game and to find out not all the features work : (

ezodagrom
08-22-2011, 10:46 AM
I just sent an email to SEGA asking about the issues and if they are even working on a patch, let's see what will be their answer.

rikelme69
08-24-2011, 12:52 AM
I have a friendly solution, you just have to ♥♥♥♥ the .ini file and modify the following line:
[SEGA Bass Fishing]COLOURMODE=1
CONTROL2P_INDEX=1
CONTROL2P_TYPE=3
CONTROL_ACCELERATE=5
CONTROL_BRAKE=4
CONTROL_DESTINATION=2
CONTROL_DOWN=33
CONTROL_DRIVE=1
CONTROL_HORN=3
CONTROL_INDEX=0
CONTROL_LEFT=34
CONTROL_REVERSE=0
CONTROL_RIGHT=35
CONTROL_START=7
CONTROL_TYPE=3
CONTROL_UP=32
DRAW_DISTANCE=2
FULL_SCREEN=1
LANGUAGE=4
RESOLUTION=4
SHADOW=1
followed in horizontal line and without spaces
and the crazy taxi:
[Crazy Taxi]COLOURMODE=1
CONTROL2P_INDEX=1
CONTROL2P_TYPE=3
CONTROL_ACCELERATE=5
CONTROL_BRAKE=4
CONTROL_DESTINATION=2
CONTROL_DOWN=33
CONTROL_DRIVE=1
CONTROL_HORN=3
CONTROL_INDEX=0
CONTROL_LEFT=34
CONTROL_REVERSE=0
CONTROL_RIGHT=35
CONTROL_START=7
CONTROL_TYPE=3
CONTROL_UP=32
DRAW_DISTANCE=2
FULL_SCREEN=1
LANGUAGE=4
RESOLUTION=4
SHADOW=1

Shade33
08-24-2011, 01:36 PM
I have a friendly solution, you just have to ♥♥♥♥ the .ini file and modify the following line:
[SEGA Bass Fishing]COLOURMODE=1
CONTROL2P_INDEX=1
CONTROL2P_TYPE=3
CONTROL_ACCELERATE=5
CONTROL_BRAKE=4
CONTROL_DESTINATION=2
CONTROL_DOWN=33
CONTROL_DRIVE=1
CONTROL_HORN=3
CONTROL_INDEX=0
CONTROL_LEFT=34
CONTROL_REVERSE=0
CONTROL_RIGHT=35
CONTROL_START=7
CONTROL_TYPE=3
CONTROL_UP=32
DRAW_DISTANCE=2
FULL_SCREEN=1
LANGUAGE=4
RESOLUTION=4
SHADOW=1
followed in horizontal line and without spaces
and the crazy taxi:
[Crazy Taxi]COLOURMODE=1
CONTROL2P_INDEX=1
CONTROL2P_TYPE=3
CONTROL_ACCELERATE=5
CONTROL_BRAKE=4
CONTROL_DESTINATION=2
CONTROL_DOWN=33
CONTROL_DRIVE=1
CONTROL_HORN=3
CONTROL_INDEX=0
CONTROL_LEFT=34
CONTROL_REVERSE=0
CONTROL_RIGHT=35
CONTROL_START=7
CONTROL_TYPE=3
CONTROL_UP=32
DRAW_DISTANCE=2
FULL_SCREEN=1
LANGUAGE=4
RESOLUTION=4
SHADOW=1

That is only temporally solving the problem we should all be able to use the config without needing to edit the ini file

rikelme69
08-24-2011, 10:08 PM
that is very clear, as they are not able to here is a temporary solution as you say

gashadokuro
08-29-2011, 09:51 PM
That is only temporally solving the problem we should all be able to use the config without needing to edit the ini file

thus why someone is providing a temporary solution to a problem that's not fixed, i wouldn't exactly complain about that.

Internetakias
08-30-2011, 08:06 AM
Everyone! Buy the DVD version! I bought it for 10 dollars and both the config and the saving worked!

Shade33
08-30-2011, 02:29 PM
Everyone! Buy the DVD version! I bought it for 10 dollars and both the config and the saving worked!
I rather not buy a game i already own again. they should really fix the issues with this i dont know why doesn't Sega fix this

ezodagrom
09-08-2011, 06:55 AM
Received an email from SEGA, and once again got those usual responses about installing most recent versions of drivers and some other softwares. ._.
Already sent an email saying that it didn't work (as expected), now let's see what they say...

EDIT: SEGA replied to my second email, saying that they will pass the info I sent to the developers.

Shade33
09-13-2011, 11:39 AM
Received an email from SEGA, and once again got those usual responses about installing most recent versions of drivers and some other softwares. ._.
Already sent an email saying that it didn't work (as expected), now let's see what they say...

EDIT: SEGA replied to my second email, saying that they will pass the info I sent to the developers.
well hopefully they end up fixing it... its been way to long glad they responded though i hope they don't take months trying to fix this :(

Nipedley
09-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Unfortunately this wouldn't take 5 minutes to fix and should have been working in the first place, it seems fairly clear what their intentions are by now. Sega, you are dead to me..

Cervidanti
09-22-2011, 11:12 AM
Send a copy of the email you recieved where sega admits the games are broken and will send on the information to Steam SUpport.

Doing so got me a full refund (credit) on the titles I bought from the collection.

SoniXX
09-22-2011, 12:21 PM
I got the config file to work, but is it possible that the game knows i have a xbox controller? it always says press S or D instead of A or B on Gamepad.

ParadoxSalem
09-22-2011, 03:20 PM
Just for posterity's sake, Crazy Taxi's config file works fine for me, but Sonic Adventure DX's config program doesn't recognize my gamepad.

The game, however, works fine with the gamepad.

SergioS
09-22-2011, 04:26 PM
I've sent an email to Sega Support about this issue, this is my reply:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting SEGA Support.

We sincerely appreciate your comments here at SEGA.

While from our investigation, it seems that the issue should be handle by Valve, we have forwarded your email and comments on to the developers for further investigation.

We will be in contact would we need further information.

Thank you again for your feedback.

ParadoxSalem
09-22-2011, 04:34 PM
While from our investigation, it seems that the issue should be handle by Valve, we have forwarded your email and comments on to the developers for further investigation.[/I]

o_o

I think SEGA's trolling us now.

NTICompass
09-22-2011, 06:54 PM
Seriously SEGA?! How the heck do you screw this up?

JereTHEend
09-22-2011, 08:49 PM
I can save Crazy Taxi's configs just fine with the utility, SEGA Bass Fishing config does not save using the utility, SADX and SC52 are still downloading

Yeah, I think to me, crazy taxi also is only one working, it also actually detects my controllers (I think it says my logitech controller is "generic controller #1" though) - what I like, because it is better for classic games than my xbox 360 pad.

Still, holy bad, why is this so bad?

WO Saotome A.
09-22-2011, 09:01 PM
Seriously SEGA?! How the heck do you screw this up?

Segac at it's finest, no idea how the hell Sega of America still exists after so many disappointments.

ezodagrom
09-22-2011, 09:42 PM
What's sad is that it's been nearly 7 months since the release of the collection and they still haven't fixed these issues.

RedBullRacer
09-22-2011, 11:26 PM
Crazy man! Can't believe SEGA have left this unresolved. It's not the end of the world, just annoying. Hopefully they fix it one day!

DaForce0
09-23-2011, 01:13 AM
Thankfully I looked on the forums before buying... this is unfortunate I would have liked to replay those games.

tentimes
09-23-2011, 06:57 AM
I can't believe this has not been fixed by Valve and they have the cheek to start selling it again?!?!

Basically you need to fix the game yourself if you buy it - totally outrageous.

Shade33
09-23-2011, 10:11 AM
i have been losing faith in Sega : (

ParadoxSalem
09-23-2011, 12:31 PM
I can't believe this has not been fixed by Valve and they have the cheek to start selling it again?!?!

Basically you need to fix the game yourself if you buy it - totally outrageous.

Actually, it's more a case of the publisher blaming the retailer for the problem.

And the problem is kind of iffy at this point. Everything works fine for me, except Sonic's config not recognizing my gamepad while the game itself does.

Kyle07
09-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Nice to read that there is a solution to fix this problem. Now I can play in fullscreen and in german :D
What a shame that nobody is fixing it. They should just only move the config into Document-Folder, thats it.

AlbertoCastillo
09-24-2011, 11:03 AM
What the hell is going on with companies that are unable to test their games before releasing them to the public? Is there a way to fill in a complaint?

On the game page is confirmed that the game is fully compatible with Windows 7 and that controllers are supported.
This is a complete lie. Only the Xbox360 is supported and the configuration program doesn't save the data. You have to do tweaking to make them work. Is this the new standard on releasing games to the public??

Not happy with that, no patches or updates are released to fix this issue.

Also, what the hell is going on with all this XINPUT trend? No Xbox360 gamepad = no party? All games seem to just support this gamepad.

This is a complete scam. And the worst of all is that we just agree to buy incomplete ♥♥♥♥.

Any way to fill in a complaint?

ParadoxSalem
09-24-2011, 12:38 PM
No Xbox360 gamepad = no party? All games seem to just support this gamepad.

Well, it has kind of become the official gamepad of the PC. Not sure how that happened without all of you noticing.

As far as complaints, fill out a Steam support ticket and detail the issue. They may or may not issue a refund and pull the game from your account.

ezodagrom
09-24-2011, 12:48 PM
What the hell is going on with companies that are unable to test their games before releasing them to the public? Is there a way to fill in a complaint?

On the game page is confirmed that the game is fully compatible with Windows 7 and that controllers are supported.
This is a complete lie. Only the Xbox360 is supported and the configuration program doesn't save the data. You have to do tweaking to make them work. Is this the new standard on releasing games to the public??

Not happy with that, no patches or updates are released to fix this issue.

Also, what the hell is going on with all this XINPUT trend? No Xbox360 gamepad = no party? All games seem to just support this gamepad.

This is a complete scam. And the worst of all is that we just agree to buy incomplete ♥♥♥♥.

In other versions, Direct2Drive, Gamersgate, and the retail version, since the configuration tool works properly, other gamepads are supported, but in the steam version, while the config tool is broken, only the 360 controller is supported by default. If the tool was to be fixed, other controllers would be supported.
I wonder what the heck SEGA is doing, this is not the type of issue that would take 6+ months to fix. ._.

Pit-O-Matic
09-25-2011, 02:25 AM
I don't know what the hell Steam and/or SEGA are doing.
The only game where the config.exe is working is "Crazy Taxi" but the sound quality is much worse then the Dreamcast Version, but at least it recognize my joypads.

Space Channel 5: Part 2 actually works good, but the config.exe is broken, so I need to do this stupid trick, just to get it to full screen.

Sonic Adventure DX however is a complete disaster!
Broken Config.exe, which means I can't use my joypads, the camera moves on their own, inconstant framerate, huge borders on fullscreen, it looks much worse then the Dreamcast and Gamecube Version and EVEN the old PC version, which, by the way, recognize all my joypads (too bad it doesn't work on past XP machines)
I didn't play the fishing game, so I can't say anything about it.

Is playtesting not "In" anymore, or what the F are they thinking?

ezodagrom
09-25-2011, 06:10 AM
Sonic Adventure DX however is a complete disaster!
Broken Config.exe, which means I can't use my joypads, the camera moves on their own, inconstant framerate, huge borders on fullscreen, it looks much worse then the Dreamcast and Gamecube Version and EVEN the old PC version, which, by the way, recognize all my joypads (too bad it doesn't work on past XP machines)
About the camera moving on its own, haven't had that issue.

About inconsistent framerate, when the game came out there were saving issues, not only the config.exe didn't save the settings, the game itself didn't save unless the player manually created the necessary folders. There was a patch for that, but the patch broke the framerate, now, when the processor lower its clock speed due to the energy saving features, the framerate of the game drops, even though that didn't happened before the patch.
One way to fix the inconsistent framerate is to force the processor to always stay at its full clock speed, but that means that it would consume more energy than necessary. Another way is to use the executable from before the patch.

When the update was released, I backed up the old "Sonic Adventure DX.exe" file, since you have already played the game, the folders necessary to save the game have already been created, if you use the older executable, you probably won't have framerate issues. Here, I uploaded the old executable into mediafire:
http://www.mediafire.com/?bif2gvrz07v0bs2

About the huge borders, if you change the resolution from 4 to 3 in the config.ini file (that is, changing from 1280x720 to 1024x768), the game won't have the purple borders. You have to copy the config.ini file from the game folder into the "documents\SEGA\SONIC ADVENTURE DX" folder, if you haven't done it yet.

About the low graphics quality, someone said before that it's likely the game is running at 640x480 and stretched to fit the bigger resolutions, I think that's what might be happening. Nothing we can do about it other than hoping SEGA might fix the issue, which most likely won't happen. ._.

AlbertoCastillo
09-25-2011, 06:45 AM
Then I really think a complaint should be submitted. I don't want the money back for a game that I like. I have the original release of Sonic Adventure DX on PC released by SoldOut. It works on Windows 7, but I have an issue with my gamepads, the camera doesn't work right on any of them and just moves. That's why I decided to buy this version to find out that only (at least) my xinput pad is working properly. But it doesn't mention that anywhere. Both should be supported. And the config bug is just extremely annoying for a person that just wants to buy it and play.

I am reporting this to Steam. And seriously. I think everybody affected by this issue should do as well.

Thank you.

Pit-O-Matic
09-25-2011, 01:39 PM
About the low graphics quality, someone said before that it's likely the game is running at 640x480 and stretched to fit the bigger resolutions, I think that's what might be happening. Nothing we can do about it other than hoping SEGA might fix the issue, which most likely won't happen. ._.

I just found out, why this Steam release looks worse than the old PC version I still have: It uses the same resolution as the Dreamcast Version, while the older PC version uses a higher resolution like the Gamecube release, that opens another question: Why didn't they use the old PC release on Steam?

Anyway, I also found out, that my old PC Version still works on Windows 7, so I don't need to use this horrible Steam port.
Now I have a higher resolution, high framerate and I can use my gamepad again. There's still a problem with screen tearing and lack of 16:9, but I can live with that :D

I can just say: Don't buy this Steam release!

worse1
09-25-2011, 04:53 PM
So they did a re-port or what? This smells bad..

Pit-O-Matic
09-25-2011, 11:25 PM
Yeah they did a port again, but this time without the tweaks, instead they gave a crapload of bugs.

Maybe they wanted to be faithful to the original, but this is just horribly executet.

Bruno_Morais
09-26-2011, 05:14 AM
Tested games

Edited
Crazy taxi ---> works very well ,fullscreen and xbox360 is recozined ,good frames too but drops sometimes,the gamepad only use d-pap,not analog and texture poput in your front loading :O

Sonic --->Dont even open that game pls,frame lag,no configuration,no fullscreen,and the grafichs wow,a joke seriolus,wth :O

Spannel channel --->360 works but not recozined,no fullscreen but good frames and no lag ,(must test more if all buttons works but far good

Bass fishing ----->360 works but not recozined,no fullscreen,frames lag a little,im a bit lost in this game because i need to know the keys and the 360 pad dont apeear so im not fishing anything :p

Seriouls sega ,this is in beta right ?

Bruno_Morais
09-26-2011, 06:53 AM
The xbox 360 version is better,so sega dont care about the pc users
Only want more money with less work, because is the same port but in pc they do ♥♥♥♥,ty sega

I was to buying VT4 AND Sega classics but now .........:p

look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gDhCGTj1PU

no frame drop,no bugs,controller in game,come one sega,i buyed this but now i regret so much,just launch a patch and stop lying to costumers saying that you are working in a patch,almost 6 mounths and nothing ?,thas kidding with us seriouls :o

btw,ty to steam to trying to solve the problems of them

Regards

ezodagrom
09-26-2011, 07:36 AM
Sonic --->Dont even open that game pls,frame lag,no configuration,no fullscreen,and the grafichs wow,a joke seriolus,wth :O
About the configuration and no fullscreen, copy the config.ini file from the game folder ("programs\steam\steamapps\common\sonic adventure dx") into the "documents\SEGA\SONIC ADVENTURE DX" folder, and edit it with a text editor (wordpad/notepad). When editing it, change the line "FULL_SCREEN = 0" to "FULL_SCREEN = 1", and, if you don't want purple borders, change the line "RESOLUTION = 4" to "RESOLUTION = 3".

About framerate drops, download this file:
And put it in the game folder ("programs\steam\steamapps\common\sonic adventure dx").
This file is the original "Sonic Adventure DX.exe", from before SEGA tried to patch a saving issue.

When the game was released, there was an issue where the player had to manually create the folders "SEGA\SONIC ADVENTURE DX" inside the documents folder for the game to save, but the game had no framerate drops. SEGA made a patch to fix that issue, but the patch introduced the framerate drops issue.
It's better to have to create 2 folders manually than having to deal with framerate drops.

Bruno_Morais
09-26-2011, 09:57 AM
About the configuration and no fullscreen, copy the config.ini file from the game folder ("programs\steam\steamapps\common\sonic adventure dx") into the "documents\SEGA\SONIC ADVENTURE DX" folder, and edit it with a text editor (wordpad/notepad). When editing it, change the line "FULL_SCREEN = 0" to "FULL_SCREEN = 1", and, if you don't want purple borders, change the line "RESOLUTION = 4" to "RESOLUTION = 3".

About framerate drops, download this file:
And put it in the game folder ("programs\steam\steamapps\common\sonic adventure dx").
This file is the original "Sonic Adventure DX.exe", from before SEGA tried to patch a saving issue.

When the game was released, there was an issue where the player had to manually create the folders "SEGA\SONIC ADVENTURE DX" inside the documents folder for the game to save, but the game had no framerate drops. SEGA made a patch to fix that issue, but the patch introduced the framerate drops issue.
It's better to have to create 2 folders manually than having to deal with framerate drops.

Ty,that fixed
Its normally sometimes having sturring in this ports ?

Babelfish343
09-26-2011, 10:05 PM
My goodness, thanks so much for the help everyone!

Pit-O-Matic
09-27-2011, 03:29 AM
If someone wat to see the differences:

This Screenshot is from the Steam release. 1280x720, 16:9 (yeah sure...)
http://imageshack.us/f/835/sonicadventuredx2011092.jpg/

And this one is from the 2004 PC release. 1280x1024, 4:3
http://imageshack.us/f/508/sonic2011092712111970.jpg/

Just by looking at the Twinkle Park sign, you can tell, which game looks way better.

For some reason, there's no fire hydrant on the old PC version, but I highly doubt that's something game breaking :P

Shade33
09-27-2011, 10:55 AM
wow its sad that Sega hasn't done anything yet I been waiting for months for this to be fixed!

loanstar744
09-27-2011, 02:09 PM
Not only does the configuration tool not work, it also doesn't pick up any of my controllers, but they still work with SADX itself except for the fact the camera goes straight up and spins with all of my controllers but it does not do that when in Chao World, only when actually playing or in any of the overworlds and the FPS is crap when the FPS was well over 60 when I used to have my 2004 copy, can't find it anymore and I just di a reinstall of Windows 7. Also, no Anti-Aliasing but not a huge problem and SADX crashes whenever the resolution is 1280x720 on my HDTV, not sure what the problem is there as I don't even have any of these issues in Crazy taxi. Another thing, I'm not bashing but, both my GC copy of SADX and my original copy of SA for Dreamcast look better than this on my TV, you'd think over a decade later they would look even slightly better.

Off Topic, but Steam just updated fixing the High CPU usage, even though I didn't have that problem. How come SEGA can't fix their games that fast?

Guess I'll go play my Dreamcast for now.;)

Heavyoak
09-29-2011, 03:03 AM
i cant get my game pads to work with dx ether....

loanstar744
09-29-2011, 05:22 PM
i cant get my game pads to work with dx ether....

If they just won't flat out work then use this: http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/

It will emulate any dual stick controller into an Xbox controller. In other words, it tricks the game into thinking you're using an 360 controller.

Bangulo
09-30-2011, 03:10 AM
The only game that works in this set 100% is Crazy Tazi. the rest all have configuration issues or no full screen or not detecting your game pad or all of the above. Its a load of crap really. Don't buy this POS set until they patch it. spend you money else ware.

inconstantflux
09-30-2011, 05:10 PM
The only game that works in this set 100% is Crazy Tazi. the rest all have configuration issues or no full screen or not detecting your game pad or all of the above. Its a load of crap really. Don't buy this POS set until they patch it. spend you money else ware.

Space Channel 5 Part 2 also works perfectly ........ but only if your good (ATI) and not the wicked (NVIDIA) :rolleyes:

Thankfully I own an ATI card or I'd be pretty mad too.

Shade33
10-03-2011, 08:47 AM
any news yet from sega i really hate waiting for them to fix this

Bangulo
10-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Space Channel 5 Part 2 also works perfectly ........ but only if your good (ATI) and not the wicked (NVIDIA) :rolleyes:

Ya i was reading that alot of people have problem with the audio syncing properly to what buttons where being pressed or no audio at all.

Shade33
10-13-2011, 08:59 AM
now sonic generations is coming to steam which i might add i cannot wait! i just feel that would pull sega's attention away from this game and its issues will never be solved :(

Bangulo
12-12-2011, 02:36 AM
I bought this since the sale like 5 months maybe? and havent played it once since then b/c of the horrible bugs in this. i love how its still not resolved.

ezodagrom
12-12-2011, 06:40 AM
I bought this since the sale like 5 months maybe? and havent played it once since then b/c of the horrible bugs in this. i love how its still not resolved.
Here's how to fix it:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2190387

loanstar744
12-19-2011, 12:40 PM

Go with ezodagrom's fix, the first thing I did when I noticed the controls didn't work was download the Xbox 360 Controller emulator and make a file for my controller then renamed the one in SADX and put mine in there then viola, then I saw ezodagrom had done the same as well and even posted the fix on the forums.

As for setting the resolution and other options, I can give you my settings file, it's all settings high and Resolution at 1024x768 or if you have a higher resolution screen I can make a widescreen settings file for you.

pablobiernik
01-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Hey, anyone have ezodagrom's fix for Sonic Adventure?
Megaupload is dead and, we have not other download link. :(

ezodagrom
01-19-2012, 07:00 PM
Hey, anyone have ezodagrom's fix for Sonic Adventure?
Megaupload is dead and, we have not other download link. :(
If you mean the fix for the configuration tool, there's nothing to download, it's something that you can do manually.
Here's the explanation:

pablobiernik
01-19-2012, 07:07 PM
If you mean the fix for the configuration tool, there's nothing to download, it's something that you can do manually.
Here's the explanation:

Oh, yes, im sorry.
Your explanation is good. Configuration Tool now is working.
I need patch for better graphics and widescreen/high resolution.

fenixraven
02-06-2012, 01:37 AM
this ain't valves fault, its segas all valve really maintain is that their cloud >steam< is compatabile during upgrades to it, otherwise its pretty much up to the third party in this case sega, to make their stuff actually work.

Internetakias
02-07-2012, 09:11 AM
Oh, yes, im sorry.
Your explanation is good. Configuration Tool now is working.
I need patch for better graphics and widescreen/high resolution.
Well, for SADX, you can try the SADX replacer and the high res patch. For all the games, you can try this custom res patch: http://www.kegetys.net/dl.php/dx9res10.zip

davestanley
08-04-2012, 04:25 AM

I use NVIDIA. It's working just fine. In fact, I can get it working at 120hz with a GT 230. NVIDIA is generally more compatible than ATI (I've heard dozens of ATI users complaining about some games).

Anyway, compatibility issues:

Report 6 with Japanese Voices unsync near the finale. Doesn't seem to happen in fullscreen.
Report 4 with Purge and President Peace in Japanese breaks, muting the sounds.
So far, whenever I've changed the outfit of Ulala, the game will crash after reaching a new segment.
The Special Reports seem to break as well.
Resolutions are bugged when windowed. The actual window may shrink, messing up the resolution by creating visible artifacts (lines) etc.
Config does not work (though most of us know that now).
(Driver Issue) I kept on getting a black screen after reinstalling my drivers. Updating them to the latest fixed the problem.

loanstar744
08-04-2012, 03:10 PM
I use NVIDIA. It's working just fine. In fact, I can get it working at 120hz with a GT 230. NVIDIA is generally more compatible than ATI (I've heard dozens of ATI users complaining about some games).

Anyway, compatibility issues:

Report 6 with Japanese Voices unsync near the finale. Doesn't seem to happen in fullscreen.
Report 4 with Purge and President Peace in Japanese breaks, muting the sounds.
So far, whenever I've changed the outfit of Ulala, the game will crash after reaching a new segment.
The Special Reports seem to break as well.
Resolutions are bugged when windowed. The actual window may shrink, messing up the resolution by creating visible artifacts (lines) etc.
Config does not work (though most of us know that now).
(Driver Issue) I kept on getting a black screen after reinstalling my drivers. Updating them to the latest fixed the problem.

I don't think he was being serious with what he said. I've never had an issue getting any of my ATi/AMD GPU's to output 120HZ and I've never had compatibility issues with any games I've played, I've had worse luck with my Nvidia's, like my old TNT2 32MB GPU, it always had a hard time playing just about anything and would barely even play Half-Life which only required 4MB of VRAM, the only good Nvidia I had/still have is my GeForce 8800GS with 384MB of VRAM, I played everything with that bad boy for a long time until I upgraded to an HD5570 and lets not forget how bad Nvidia drivers can be. Wish Nvidia would make another solid card like my 8800. :(

None of those issues sound like compatibility problems, they all sound like game bugs except for the driver issue. I've heard a few other people have these problems too, wonder if maybe it has something to do with the way the game is configured, awfully strange. I wonder why SEGA would have even released these games knowing the configs for them don't work for crap. You could always look up the thread about configuring the config file manually like I did for mine, it's really simple.