PDA

View Full Version : Is Lockdown playable on win7 x64?

bkhow_tw
03-04-2011, 03:12 PM
I have a retail version but can't get it run on previous pc vista (32bit) or my new one (win7 x64). Is the steam version playable on win7 x64?

HomerPepsi
03-05-2011, 06:06 PM
works for me

BattleAxe_604
04-16-2011, 11:32 AM
It doesn't work on Vista or Windows 7. I searched for answers everywhere. Anyone who says it works for them is full of crap.

AlHudson1
04-20-2011, 04:21 PM
I have a retail version but can't get it run on previous pc vista (32bit) or my new one (win7 x64). Is the steam version playable on win7 x64?

I can confirm STEAM Version of Rainbow Six: Lockdown is playable on Windows 7 x64.

Right now I'm playing it.

GhostWorks
04-30-2011, 10:26 AM
Won't work for my win7 64bit...

Starts up but blank screen and can hear it playing

AlHudson1
05-01-2011, 05:10 PM

Steam version or Retail version?

I installed Lockdown (Steam version) in my Windows. Using winver this is my version:
(Version 6.1 build 7601: Service Pack 1)

Equinox_01
05-25-2011, 11:20 PM
My steam version of Lockdown works flawlessly on win 7 64bit, not as good as R63 tho.

BattleAxe_604
05-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Update:

It seems that my fortunes have changed regarding RS:Lockdown. I was never able to play Lockdown before on Windows 7 64 Bit, because of the Lockdown.exe didn't work. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the game several times, and even tried "Verifying Game Cashe", but nothing worked. The last time I tried to activate the game was back just before Christmas. Well since then Windows has done some auto updates, nVidia has released a couple of driver updates, and interestingly enough, I was having some issues with Internet Explorer 8, where it didn't work for some reason, so I deleted IE8 off my PC completely, and since then I use Google Chrome. Something I had been reading about after the fact was that Internet Explorer can interfere with some Video Games because of the Web browsers Security. Well long story even longer....I decided to see if Lockdown would work in light of some of these changes on my system, so I installed it and the damn game fired up and looks and plays beautifully.

erikjanneman
05-29-2011, 04:54 PM

I have the same thing.

Alt-tab out of the game, and go back in. You will be able to play then. One problem though, after a mission, i get the same thing (presumably at the mission rating screen or something). But then the alt-tabbing doesn't work. So will see if I can find out why this is. Let me know if you happen to find a solution.

mauirixxx
07-12-2012, 02:13 PM
THREAD NECROMANCY!

I recently received this game as a gift, and ended up with the same problem, right after I enabled Punkbuster. Punkbuster no longer supports this game, so enabling it makes the blank screen happen.

Solution - disable Punkbuster.

New problem - how do you disable punkbuster when all you get is a blank screen on startup?

Solution (single player only) - if you have no desire for any kind of online play, simply delete pbclgame.cfg in the \pb directory (or edit it, change the cl_punkbuster from 1 to 0) - that will let you get single player up and running - but the instant you hit multiplayer, screen goes blank again.

Solution (multi & single plaer) - edit options.xml in the \data directory, go to line 88, and change enablePunkbuster from true to false, save & exit, then start up R6, go make a LAN game, and have at it, sans PB support.

Enjoy! :D