PDA

View Full Version : Open Some Support Tickets

kevinski
03-05-2011, 04:18 AM
I just opened a support ticket at http://help.sega.com/ in order to let Sega know what's going on with Space Channel 5 Part 2's config app and controller detection. If you guys are having the same issues with any of the Dreamcast collection games, then I'd recommend opening up your own support tickets accordingly. Let's see what we can do about getting some of these fixed. :)

EDIT: For the record, here's what I put into the ticket:

I just purchased Space Channel 5 Part 2 through Steam, and I'm having some problems with configuring the game. Bear in mind that other Steam users are similar issues with the game, as well as with other games in the Dreamcast collection. Space Channel 5 Part 2 is the only game that I didn't already own for Dreamcast, though, so it's the only one that I purchased.

First off, in order to even get the game to read the config.ini file to apply settings from it, the player has to manually create the following path within the My Documents folder:

\Sega\Space Channel 5 Part 2

Once config.ini is placed inside the Space Channel 5 Part 2 directory, the game finally manages to take settings from it. Problem is, the game only seems to be able to take settings from the file, rather than being able to write to said file, as well. In other words, the config app included with the game is pretty much useless, because it's impossible to change settings and have the config app actually save them, making manual editing of config.ini necessary.

Please address this issue in an update.

Now, the next problem that I'm having is with my controller configuration. I'm using a Saturn USB controller (which was made by Sega), and the game detects my controller just fine. Thing is, the config app DOESN'T detect the controller at all, thus making it impossible to remap my controls. I wouldn't care so much if it wasn't for the fact that the default control mapping is just bizarre. Could you please address a fix to correct this problem so the config app can detect controllers?

Cy-Fox
03-05-2011, 10:09 AM
Just sent my ticket up:
I am using the Steam release of Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut, which was released yesterday (Friday, March 4, 2011). The configuration application included does not change any aspects of the game's configuration. I am using Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and my system definitely meets the requirements for the game.

I have tried:
-Running the configuration tool as Administrator
-Running the configuration tool under Windows XP compatibility mode as Administrator
-Running the game as Administrator
-Running the game under Windows XP compatibility mode as Administrator
-Manually adjusting the config.ini file.

The only thing that did work was a community-provided workaround: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21105433&postcount=6

This is shoddy port work. I shouldn't have to make folders and copy files to get something as basic as a configuration tool to work. I put up money on the idea that SEGA was going to provide me with a game that completely works as it's intended to. Other Steam-based users have similar complaints in regards to the other games of the Dreamcast Collection.

We have paid for these games, so we demand an analysis and remedy for these issues.

AtomicGaryBusey
03-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Here's my submission. Here's hoping they do something about it...

I just bought Sonic Adventure DX and I have to say I'm VERY disappointed with it. This is literally the first game I've bought on Steam that I've wanted a COMPLETE refund on, and I've purchased over 180 titles. Why am I so upset with this purchase? A couple of reasons. Here's why:

1) No ability to save games with a default installation. I was REQUIRED to create a couple of folders in C:\Users\username\My Documents\ and copy config.ini to it in order to even have save data created. This is ridiculous. The game doesn't even throw an error when you try to save without this path created. It just acts like it saves, but it really doesn't. VERY frustrating.

2) No ability to change resolution or full screen / windowed mode settings with a default installation. Just as above, I needed to create the folders described, copy the config.ini and manually edit it to get full screen applied. Again, VERY frustrating.

3) config.exe does NOT work. It doesn't work with any combination of Run as Admin or Compatibility settings in Windows. It will launch, but it doesn't detect my controllers and doesn't even pick up on the changes made to config.ini. Why even include this file with the installation package if it literally does nothing?

4) No way to get my controller working. The manual PDF included with the game indicates that any controller that Windows detects can be configured in the Config application. This is false as the config.exe application doesn't detect ANY of the five controllers I own, even though Windows 7 picks them all up perfectly.

5) The graphics look HORRIBLE. Compared to previous Sonic Adventure ports to PC, the graphics are VERY rough. Compared even to running Sonic Adventure from a Dreamcast backup in an emulator this is rough.

I would like as a resolution one of two things to happen:

A) Address ALL issues listed above (except possibly point 5) with fixes and push them out as a Steam update. I would love to play with a controller. THe game as it is is unplayable for me.

OR:

B) Issue me a complete refund. I'll be more than happy to host a GoToMeeting session with a Valve support agent and let them delete the Sonic Adventure DX folder from steamapps.

I literally DO NOT WANT this game as is and I'm VERY unhappy with it. I've bought some iffy titles on Steam before, but this is the first time I feel ripped off.

kevinski
03-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Has anyone here heard from Sega's support team in response to their tickets yet? I received a response this morning, requesting that I send a copy of my DxDiag.txt file (generated by DxDiag, obviously) to assistance in resolving the issue. I kinda doubt that anything will come of that, because my computer more than meets the required specs.

RangerXML
03-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Submitted a ticket for the 2x game speed bug. Also mentioned the res and AA thing.

X01
03-08-2011, 02:59 AM
Just made a ticket about the missing Japanese voices in SC5P2.

ShinKagato
03-08-2011, 05:12 AM
Just made a ticket about the missing Japanese voices in SC5P2.

I did the same at the weekend, i also mentioned that the cut scenes would play in english even when the spoken language was set to Japanese (only happens on the CGI Segments), i really hope they put something through soon.

X01
03-08-2011, 05:31 AM
I did the same at the weekend, i also mentioned that the cut scenes would play in english even when the spoken language was set to Japanese (only happens on the CGI Segments), i really hope they put something through soon.

Oh. Didn't know about the cut scenes. I always skip those so I didn't notice.

ezodagrom
03-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Also opened a ticket, not only about the save issue but also mentioned a few issues in Sonic Adventure DX.
Summary of the issues I mentioned in the ticket:

- Game doesn't save, once the player exits the game and opens it again, the previous created file isn't there anymore. There's a workaround for this issue, which is to create a folder named "SEGA" inside the Documents folder, and inside it creating a folder named "SONIC ADVENTURE DX". After that, have to copy the config.ini file into the "SONIC ADVENTURE DX" folder, only then the game saves work.

- Configuration application doesn't work. After changing the settings in the config.exe application the settings don't save. There is a workaround, after copying the config.ini file into the previously created "SONIC ADVENTURE DX" folder, the file can be manually edited to change the settings of the game.

- Low quality graphics. The graphics quality is not only lower than the Playstation 3 and XBox 360 versions, it's also lower than the previous 2004 Sonic Adventure DX port. The major issue with the graphics is the "jaggies", don't know if it's because of the lack of Anti-Aliasing, or if it's just low resolution graphics stretched to higher resolutions, but something is not right with this Sonic Adventure DX port. Apparently Sonic Adventure DX is the only game out of these 4 Dreamcast Collection ports to have such low quality graphics.

- Loud background noise in a couple of situations. This issue happens in the park area of "Twinkle Park" (issue happens for any character that can do this stage) and in the area with rotating gears of "Hot Shelter" (only happens with the character Amy).

samdamana
03-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Please keep this thread current with any of Sega's fixes or any fixes at all! :D

AtomicGaryBusey
03-08-2011, 08:45 PM
I finally just got a reply from Sega as well. They asked for my DxDiag output... supplied it, but not sure what they'll do with it. It's pretty much confirmed all issues are related to Sega's implementation and port work.

I also got a reply from Valve (I opened an identical ticket with them) that directed me to Sega. Very helpful guys. :p

Cervidanti
03-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Judging from my experience, they are actually using the DXDiag stuff with a purpose, instead of just trying to imply the issues are our fault.

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/628/responseb.jpg

AtomicGaryBusey
03-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Judging from my experience, they are actually using the DXDiag stuff with a purpose, instead of just trying to imply the issues are our fault.

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/628/responseb.jpg

Can't ask for a better response than that. I was a bit skeptical as DxDiag output seems to be a red herring to me, but that's fantastic. I can't wait to hear back from Sega now! :D

samdamana
03-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Awesome! :D

AtomicGaryBusey
03-14-2011, 09:34 PM
Here's some potentially good news:

Hello,

We are currently looking into issues that may be affecting a number of customers. We will let you know as soon as we have additional information.

Best Regards,
Frank
SEGA Customer Support

*fingers crossed*:)

RangerXML
03-14-2011, 10:42 PM
Got the same email.

X01
03-15-2011, 04:34 AM
Me too.

ezodagrom
03-15-2011, 10:52 AM