PDA

View Full Version : Shameful.

AirRaven
03-05-2011, 08:44 AM
Sonic Adventure DX. Really, SEGA?

6 for a game whose configuration utility doesn't work, with a misleading excuse for a "Widescreen" mode, and a product so bug-riddled that it doesn't even save the game?

I want my money back.

Tubsiwub
03-05-2011, 08:46 AM
Amen. I was more disappointed by the Chao Garden not saving than my actual game file.

ezodagrom
03-05-2011, 09:21 AM
There's a workaround for the saving issue.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21105433&postcount=6

dkwo
03-05-2011, 10:38 AM
I agree -- the games are great but the porting is so poorly done...

Lizcuit
03-05-2011, 01:46 PM
I purchased Sonic Adventure DX yesterday, and have encountered the following problems:

1. It claims to save my game, but clearly, does not.
2. I cannot configure my controls on my keyboard, at all. :\
3. It doesn't seem to run in Fullscreen either.

Trouble is, I run Vista, and the posted solutions seem to be for Windows 7 only. Anyone have any advice for this?

ezodagrom
03-05-2011, 01:49 PM
I purchased Sonic Adventure DX yesterday, and have encountered the following problems:

1. It claims to save my game, but clearly, does not.
2. I cannot configure my controls on my keyboard, at all. :\
3. It doesn't seem to run in Fullscreen either.

Trouble is, I run Vista, and the posted solutions seem to be for Windows 7 only. Anyone have any advice for this?
Create a directory in the Documents folder called SEGA, inside it create a directory called SONIC ADVENTURE DX. Copy the config.ini file that is located in "programs(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/sonic adventure dx" to the SONIC ADVENTURE DX folder you created.
To configuration application still won't work though, to change the settings of the game gotta edit the config.ini file manually with notepad, but at least saving will (probably) work now.

ShinKagato
03-06-2011, 11:17 AM
Ive already mentioned in a previous post but the broken config files is not down to the individual games but rather an issue between Steam and Windows 7. I built this machine a month or so ago and had to load up all of my games again but none of the ones i tried would save using either Steam or the config in the Steam folder. Ive had to go into each games folder and alter the config.ini file each time. This includes so far, Star Trek Online, Final Fantasy 11 and DC Universe Online. Im suprised i havent seen more posts about it before now to be honest.

Shakey_Jake33
03-06-2011, 11:48 AM
I suspect the issue is that games do not have the privileges to access the Steam directory within Program Files. Then again, if Sega had even given the game a go just once on Steam, they would know this. Hell, I could have told them this beforehand.