PDA

View Full Version : So disappointed. :( I have been waiting ages for SC5p2 in HD.

Cervidanti
03-05-2011, 07:37 PM
And I play it to find...it doesn't save. Well, I fixed that. But now I find...

A lot of the "enemy" side music is too early. Somehow.

Normally the game goes

BEAT
Up
Up
Chu

for example. But now, it goes

BEAT Up
up
Chu

With the first note happening almost immediately after the beat instead of after it in time with the music. In report 2, once you get to the teachers who are melting, this becomes most obvious. The music in the background goes "do-dodo do, do-dodo do, do-dodo do DO!" and on the "DO!" the enemy should say "Chu!" or "Hey!" but they say it BEFORE the beat. When it's your turn, you are penalized if you don't say it ON the beat, like you're supposed to. This is especially annoying considering the earlier example where the enemy starts too early also required YOU to start too early! (Stage 1, when you stop and are attacking the robots/saving the people from the 3 elevator pod things).

How did they manage this? They managed to break the game. They made it what was wrong with the first game- the timing is poor, and you are penalized when you follow it properly instead of magically knowing when to do it right.

This is one of my absolute favorite games ever and sega managed to ruin it. How does something like that even happen in a port? Wouldn't they have to mess with code to get that to happen?

I just am so disappointed. :(

linahaters
03-06-2011, 02:17 AM
Lower your resolution. The game simply isn't optimised properly, it tends to jerk for a few moments sometimes and the engine simply does not recognise that.

(That again, it DOES wait until the dance actually start against Kin, Kon & Kan to start their music, so I have no idea what the ♥♥♥♥.)

Just configure the game to run at 640x480. It's your best bet.

X01
03-06-2011, 05:29 AM
Try forcing vertical sync to on in your graphics card control panel. Also enable triple buffering.
Before the timing way was off for me also. Now it is perfect.

Cervidanti
03-06-2011, 08:10 AM
Notes still come too slowly with all of those changes(I had the others already on, changed the resolution). Plus the game is pretty aliased at 640x480, which sucks.

linahaters
03-06-2011, 09:02 AM
That's harsh, what computer do you have?

Cervidanti
03-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Radeon 4870HD 1gb, AMD Phenom II X3 720, 4GB ram :(

X01
03-08-2011, 05:03 AM
Ok well... I was playing SC5P2 and at one point paused and then Ctrl Alt Deleted out of the game to do something else. When I came back to the game it started to go out sync exactly as you describe.
It stayed like that for a minute or two and then corrected itself.
No way is the game playable when it's like that.

Runs fine again for me now though.

DarkoZL:
03-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Well yeah, alt-tabbing is going to screw things up like it does in half of PC games because the game has to figure out how to reload all the textures, shaders, music, etc. mid-game. Try not to alt-tab.

X01
03-08-2011, 09:40 AM
Well yeah, alt-tabbing is going to screw things up like it does in half of PC games because the game has to figure out how to reload all the textures, shaders, music, etc. mid-game. Try not to alt-tab.

You completely miss my point. I have never seen the audio of a game completely go out of sync like that. All I was saying is that I was experiencing the exact same issues as the topic creator for a moment. Ctrl alt deleting seemed to cause it at that time, but I don't think that that is the main cause of the problem. There is obviously something dodgy about the game.

DarkoZL:
03-08-2011, 11:21 AM
OK, we need to start listing specs to pinpoint who's having these sync issues, no? My game syncs fine so it's just certain hardware configurations.

Running Windows 7 64-bit, GTX 470 SLI.

Cervidanti
03-08-2011, 12:10 PM
I sent in a support ticket. I was asked for DXDiag information and I complained that i didn't want to do the run-around where they keep trying to act like it's my computer's fault, and not the problem of their shoddy port.

I got a response back immediately that they have *played teh game themselves* and *agree* that it's shoddy and barely functional, and that the only reason they needed the information was to try and pinpoint specific problems and optimize the game using a direct link to those who can fix these things.

So they know it's broken and apparently do care.