PDA

View Full Version : How to play zombie mode offline - 100% legit

jasonbecker83
03-06-2011, 07:22 AM
If you like to play zombie mode while offline you need to go in your call of duty black ops folder, open the players folder and then open the file config.cfg(it's the single player config file)
under the first part that says

// generated by Call of Duty, do not modify
unbindall

paste this

bind M "map zombie_pentagon"
bind N "map zombie_theater"

and save, no need to make the file read-only.Note that after you run the game they will be moved down because the game sorts the bindings in alphabetical order and you can obviously bind whatever key you like(still it's better to bind letter keys, not the esc or enter/return one)

now when you load the game and you are tied to the chair(the main menu "level") press m to play the map FIVE or press n to play kino

I never saw this here, I discovered it myself... so I hope this wasn't already posted...if so...sorry moderators :)

rowan092001
03-06-2011, 07:51 AM
If you like to play zombie mode while offline you need to go in your call of duty black ops folder, open the players folder and then open the file config.cfg(it's the single player config file)
under the first part that says

// generated by Call of Duty, do not modify
unbindall

paste this

bind M "map zombie_pentagon"
bind N "map zombie_theater"

and save, no need to make the file read-only.Note that after you run the game they will be moved down because the game sorts the bindings in alphabetical order and you can obviously bind whatever key you like(still it's better to bind letter keys, not the esc or enter/return one)

now when you load the game and you are tied to the chair(the main menu "level") press m to play the map FIVE or press n to play kino

I never saw this here, I discovered it myself... so I hope this wasn't already posted...if so...sorry moderators :)

or you could start steam in offline mode, goto black ops sp and choose zombies solo

jasonbecker83
03-06-2011, 08:20 AM
you don't even know what you are talking about.
This is what happens when you try to play zombie mode while offline
http://steamcommunity.com/id/merdamerda/screenshot/578916639692506972
btw with offline I mean without any kind of internet connection, not the steam offline mode.

jasonbecker83
03-07-2011, 10:01 AM
just a little bump bump so maybe anyone interested can see this today too
: P

kr1spy202
05-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Hey I followed this exactly and nothing happens when I press the binded key

Nov1ce
05-04-2011, 11:38 PM
Hey I followed this exactly and nothing happens when I press the binded key

Did you make your cfg read only?
Never tested this since I stopped zombies ages ago but that is one thing that should work, keeping it read only after you've added those commands ;)

vee6p0w3r
10-26-2011, 08:37 PM
This works and i thought i add other map names:

map zombie_theater //Kino Der Toten
map zombie_pentagon //Five
map zombietron //Dead Ops Arcade

map zombie_cosmodrome //Ascension

map zombie_temple //Shangri-la

map zombie_coast //Call of the Dead

map zombie_moon //Moon
map zombie_cod5_prototype //Nacht Der Untoten
map zombie_cod5_asylum //Verruckt
map zombie_cod5_sumpf //Shi No Numa
map zombie_cod5_factory //Der Riese

I got the names from looking in the steam-black ops folder and looking at the patch names at the very bottom of folder:
...\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\zone\Common

I did test all maps except Ascension, Shangri-la, Call of the dead since I don't have those maps, but I did get a wallpaper that seems to match up with those map name when i did try to load it.

I do have my config.cfg as read-only and I use exec bind command to easily load maps and other commands instead of having each map with a bind key.