PDA

View Full Version : Weapon crafting not gaining points

Rhylos
03-06-2011, 01:09 PM
It seems that after making a bunch of low level items like tin swords, I no longer gain points from making them. I then tried making other weapons, got a few more points, but then I starting not getting points. Is there any way to know what crafting will get me crafting points and which ones won't?

I also noticed the same thing for other skills. I no longer get points from mining tin but I still get them from mining copper.

Tom.S29
03-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Grey items on the crafting list, need to be crafted 10 times in one sitting to gain 1 craft point. Any less and you've wasted time and resources. All of the other colours, seemingly - green, yellow, orange, etc, are worth 1 point per 1 item crafted. That's how it's been working for me, and my skills are apothecary, butchering, and foraging.

Rhylos
03-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Wow so not worth it to craft grey items then. After getting more recipes I could see the differences between the different colored recipes. Seems that the dark orange is always worth a point, then after a while it turns yellow. I was getting a point per craft with a yellow item...for a bit, then suddenly I wasn't. I'm not sure about green items, as I didn't have much materials for green items last time I was crafting.

Johnster1
03-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Basically, the more you craft of an item, and the less the item's worth the less chance you have of getting points. This happens in loads of games, and I've noticed it in WoW and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. ^_^

Rhylos
03-06-2011, 11:30 PM
Alright I shot up to 80 crafting points now. It seems the colors go grey < green < yellow < orange. Oranges are guaranteed points, while grey will never give you points (crafting 10 of them in one go will not give you points.) I'm not sure how green and yellow give you points, but I'm just sticking to oranges when crafting when I can. Craft the ones that need the lowest amounts of nonbuyable material, then salvage them for more materials and repeat until you're dry.

skiddlywibble
03-08-2011, 12:15 AM
You probably could have figured the colour coding out by just looking at the order the craftable items are listed in. It seemed pretty obvious. It also makes sense that you're not getting anything for trivial crafts: a real craftsman, say a chef, wouldn't learn much from making a microwave meal.

Johnster1
03-08-2011, 01:42 AM
You probably could have figured the colour coding out by just looking at the order the craftable items are listed in. It seemed pretty obvious. It also makes sense that you're not getting anything for trivial crafts: a real craftsmam, say a chef, wouldn't learn much from making a microwave meal.

I think the part in bold practically explains everything about crafting.

UMS
03-08-2011, 09:33 AM
This is also not exactly a surprise given the history of crafting systems in other similar games. (Or the color coding of quests in Rift and other similar games.)