PDA

View Full Version : When is the next update coming?

Ladonegro
03-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Come on guys, i know you are indie devs and all but the game netcode needs to optimized, so far i still can't host server for more than 1 guy(meaning me + a friend) and this friend has to be from the same country otherwise it gets really laggy.

the thing is i know my net isn't the fastest one but i can host a server in hl2 dm and mods for up to 5 players from diferent countrys and they barely lag at all and no desyncs

TopHatMan
03-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Come on guys, i know you are indie devs and all but the game netcode needs to optimized, so far i still can't host server for more than 1 guy(meaning me + a friend) and this friend has to be from the same country otherwise it gets really laggy.

the thing is i know my net isn't the fastest one but i can host a server in hl2 dm and mods for up to 5 players from diferent countrys and they barely lag at all and no desyncs

You probably need to just port forward the port you host on when you start a magicka game (The default being... 27015 I believe?). I did that and have had no problems hosting. Your NAT might also be set to strict, which would cause problems.

Also, I somehow doubt you can host 5 people from 5 different countries without their ping jumping to 300.

monkeedude1212
03-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Also, I somehow doubt you can host 5 people from 5 different countries without their ping jumping to 300.

Why would you doubt that?

Have you seen Europe? You can go to 5 different countries in a 5 hour drive.

XEshamX
03-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Hl2 dm has pretty superior netcode than this game.

But i think like most devs they were at GDC and PAX east not working on the game.

Ladonegro
03-07-2011, 06:05 PM
You probably need to just port forward the port you host on when you start a magicka game (The default being... 27015 I believe?). I did that and have had no problems hosting. Your NAT might also be set to strict, which would cause problems.

no it is not a port foward thing, i can host the games, the others can join it just gets really laggy, without port fowarding they simple can't join so yes the ports are fowarded. and no the pings don't jump to 300 400 like crazy, it stays 200~250, 0 to 250 is a playable ping, 300+ is when lag starts