PDA

View Full Version : New Players??

spongbob
03-07-2011, 03:27 PM
I know this game is fairly old now but as far as I know it's still reasonably popular with gamers.

Anyway I've been playing for about a month now. So I guess I'm still a bit of a noob. The problem is being a new player on an older game means most players are experts at it by now and well it's not fun being kicked every game. (I tend to stick with single player now.)

Well to the point. If there is anyone out there who is new or doesn't mind playing against/with a new player please add me or put your username below so other new players can add you too. Thankyou ^^

My username : ZombehXeno

PS. Please no anti-noob bulls**t

Vimescarrot
03-07-2011, 03:55 PM
As long as you don't use a health/pills on yourself while you're in the green and your teammates are orange or red, I have no issue with playing with anyone. My username is the same everywhere.

But I've never seen that kind of bad attitude in Campaign anyway. I don't play Versus much.

Jeff S.
03-07-2011, 04:01 PM
If you have good game ethics feel free to join my community at forum.steam-united.com, Im very strict on keeping people with morals, I dont allow bashing, kicking, or anything else as long as the person is trying...we all understand that we were new once too, and we don't have a problem with playing with new people.

One of the first guys we recruited as a new guy ended up having over 100 FF the first game...haha, we were laughing all the way through it. :D

Caslon
03-07-2011, 07:02 PM
I know this game is fairly old now but as far as I know it's still reasonably popular with gamers.

Anyway I've been playing for about a month now. So I guess I'm still a bit of a noob. The problem is being a new player on an older game means most players are experts at it by now and well it's not fun being kicked every game. (I tend to stick with single player now.)

Well to the point. If there is anyone out there who is new or doesn't mind playing against/with a new player please add me or put your username below so other new players can add you too. Thankyou ^^

Well, if you're getting kicked in an Easy or Normal game, stay with it. If you have Normal skills with limited playing time and join an Expert difficulty game, expect some grief.

Cymen90
03-08-2011, 02:45 AM
No doubt there will be a sale on L4D2 when Cold Stream is out. I hope you will join us there ;)

NBGskaterNBG
03-08-2011, 03:30 AM
This game ... How can you be a noob at it?

I mean there is not alot to do in the game other then kill NPC's unless you are on Players vs Players i guess. But yeah as Vimescarrot said.

Dont heal yourself if you are green and your teammates are Red/Orange ... I always help people out.

KiLLaToY
03-08-2011, 06:26 AM
real bosses play versus.

OwMyToe
03-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Look me up - Steam ID is owmytoe. My friends and I are about as laid back as you can get :D

spongbob
03-14-2011, 03:39 AM
Thanks everyone. :)

Yeh I usually don't use health until I'm desperate, I prefer using pills until I'm forced to use my medkit and by then usually being nagged by the bots to do so.. lol.

Bot: Use your medkit already!
Me: Nooo, I haz pills, PILLZ! Bah ha ha! @_@

Also, how can I be a noob? Easy I've played PS games all my life.. computer games not so much. I have a nasty habit of misplacing my fingers on the keyboard (alot) and therefore messing up my controls. Not many people like it when I'm reloading my gun instead of moving out of the way! *derp*

It's also alot more fun playing with real players rather than dumba** bots who get stuck at random spots! :/ Arghh.. I hate that.. stupid Zoey.. its always Zoey!?

Bindal
03-14-2011, 03:53 AM
It's also alot more fun playing with real players rather than dumba** bots who get stuck at random spots! :/ Arghh.. I hate that.. stupid Zoey.. its always Zoey!?
Play Zoey -> Zoey won't get stuck anymore.

spongbob
03-16-2011, 05:59 PM
Yeh that would be the obvious thing to do I guess. But I have to laugh because of some of the spots she's got herself stuck in.. it so stupid its funny

Teal_Blue
03-18-2011, 05:42 PM
:) Hi, i'm a new player, got the game last week, thought i would start with the first game, it is a little, well... more than a little 'intense', haha, but it's still fun. :)

Anyway, i'm still trying to figure out how to get through the levels alive, haha, and am playing single player on easy, but it's getting better.

i even made it all the way to Death Toll, but the first level, No Mercy, i think i like died, maybe 3 times, before i googled to get some help, there were lots of FAQ's, which are very helpful, but still alot to read, and the other thing is, well, haha, trying to remember 'ALL' that in the game with the Zombies running like crazy.

Anyway, i'm still alive, most of the time now, haha, still on easy, but figure i will go normal, or above when i can like get some scores and stop being the one with the most damage. :) The other 'bots'? They get less damage than me, maybe i need to move around more? Right now i'm standing still, haha, maybe NOT a good idea, huh? :) Anyway, just thought i would post and see if maybe when i get better i could like join in a game?

Also, haha, I think i have become partial to the original L4D people, i mean, i haven't had the game long, but still, i like them, and was a little sad to see that L4D2 was with new people, i mean, why can't they just include all the characters and if you like buy 2, let you still play as L4D1 people?

It just seems like the best way to let people play whoever they like the best, you know?

Anyway, just my two cents. :)

Thanks for listening to the new noob, :(

But i'm working on that! :)

later guys,

-Teal

lanop1
03-19-2011, 02:03 AM
Feel free to add me, ID is lanop1 :)

sheltercrow
03-19-2011, 03:28 AM
I'd rather play with a bunch of new players than the usual old hacks myself.

Most of the 'pros' tend to be self absorbed ♥♥♥ wipes.

My play is the team survives and not the individual. If the team goes down I go down. Most of the 'pros' usually run off and play dink-head.

Wait a while and you'll get the drift of the game.

PS: Just did a survival thing with a 'pro' and... the ♥♥♥♥ leaves me after the tank puts me down (bot got me up). Then he gets jarateed when I haven't protected him properly after he runs off and splits the team (I was protecting a bot... they play better). Go figure. And to make it end well he starts the assassin thing on me. What a punk ♥♥♥.

spongbob
03-21-2011, 07:12 PM
@Teal-Blue : I watched alot of vids of other people playing left4dead on youtube before playing personally, its kinda how I fell in love with the game. So I knew a few tricks before beginning. But yeh it took a while before I got used to the sudden hordes and out of nowhere special infected attacks, also I kept accidentally shooting the witch.. fail.. lol.

As for the bots, well as far as I'm concerned there always going to have more health and less damage, after all they do follow you around. So guess who gets attacked first! lol.

@sheltercrow : I know right! I'm always getting left behind,as are any other new players or players with bad connection. I stay at the back of the pack now, I'd rather protect bots as you said than bother with keeping up. If there gunna be like that they can shove off!

Jeff S.
03-21-2011, 07:42 PM
No doubt there will be a sale on L4D2 when Cold Stream is out. I hope you will join us there ;)

Yeah, then you dont have to worry about dying because of something you did, the glitches will do it for you.

jelloman17
03-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Yeah dude. I remember the 1st time I played it. I was familiar with FPSs so it wasn't crazy at first. But having to survive and deal with a crazy amount of transition in a matter of seconds was pretty hectic. But I don't mind teaching you guys.

Steam ID:
vertigo116*|TGOS|* Feel free to add I'm usually on every day or so.

bazerka250
03-24-2011, 02:38 AM

I've been wanting to play online but haven't yet since I'm new.I'll play any type of game you want- bazerka250 is my accnt. name or willie3170 if your interested in adding me.

fang2539
03-24-2011, 06:31 PM
got the game a few days ago I can suck at times and I am willing to help so give me a message I am in australia so play time varies but my steam id is fang_is_da_bomb or fang2539 try them both

spongbob
03-26-2011, 01:21 AM
I'm in Australia too.

So sorry if I have missed you guys who have added me, must be online at different times. I come online randomly though, from middle of the day to the middle of the night, so I will probably run into you online eventually.

ban3
03-26-2011, 03:03 AM
I'd rather play with a bunch of new players than the usual old hacks myself.

Most of the 'pros' tend to be self absorbed ♥♥♥ wipes.

My play is the team survives and not the individual. If the team goes down I go down. Most of the 'pros' usually run off and play dink-head.

Wait a while and you'll get the drift of the game.

PS: Just did a survival thing with a 'pro' and... the ♥♥♥♥ leaves me after the tank puts me down (bot got me up). Then he gets jarateed when I haven't protected him properly after he runs off and splits the team (I was protecting a bot... they play better). Go figure. And to make it end well he starts the assassin thing on me. What a punk ♥♥♥.

Not all of us are like that, i've been playing since 2009 and I'm one of the kindest players you will find.

Daixter
03-27-2011, 10:57 AM
So long as you try to play well and dont do stupid things like wasting kits
or throwing molos/pipes at the end of the horde so only 2 zombies rush at it
or winge and ♥♥♥♥♥ about a tiny bit of ff or start kickvoting other players
then yeah join me Skeet (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/member.php?u=493399)

neonixv
03-28-2011, 01:27 AM
Player from NZ here, I'm not a pro or anything, but I have played L4D and L4D2 quite a bit, both with friends and with random strangers. :) I usually play on weekends (Friday and Saturday nights mostly) since I have school.

Add me if you like: Nixie (http://steamcommunity.com/id/neonixv)

PS. Do you have a mic? Teamwork increases by 500% if you have a mic. :D

SilentHawk
03-28-2011, 08:37 AM
New player here.

I do fine on the campaign, playing easy or normal. I've only played a couple of versus matches and managed to get myself kicked both times... :rolleyes:

Add me: CrimsonEdge (http://steamcommunity.com/id/crimsonedge01)

Time zones might be an issue, so if you add me, let me know what times of the day you generally play.

And maybe someone might be kind enough to give me some versus tips? :D

Cake is a Spy
03-28-2011, 02:21 PM
New to PC, veteran of 360!

I have a mic!!! I will usually be on evenings / late nights.

Feel free to add me anyone! (especially if you have a mic and prefer to play with social players!)

ID:The Cake is a Spy (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198039070006)

proboi
03-28-2011, 06:38 PM
I can provide some help if u ever need. (http://steamcommunity.com/id/stormievn/)

neonixv
03-28-2011, 07:34 PM
And maybe someone might be kind enough to give me some versus tips? :D

The only way to improve at versus is to...practice. Unfortunately, pub versus players often have no patients for beginners (myself included, I wouldn't lie. :p)

So! Here's a handy guide on how to run versus with only survivor bots. (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1566268) (The guide is for L4D2, but the commands should work.)

Alternatively you could practice with a friend. I would be more than happy to help. :D

spongbob
04-04-2011, 02:37 AM
I have a mic.. but I don't use it when others are home because I hate drawing attention to myself. It means a heap load of dumba**ed questions and I can't be myself with them around. But through the day when no one is home.. sure.

Coconut
04-04-2011, 09:38 AM
1 word: mic.

If you join a game, key your mic and say "Hey I'm newish and not so great at blah blach."

The reason for a lot of kicks is not usually just because the player is bad. It's because the player is bad and unresponsive - showing an inability to learn or even attempt to work with the team.

Mics clear this up so much.

Forn2
04-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Username: Forn2

Add me as a friend, I have the same problem, too :(

neonixv
04-04-2011, 06:26 PM
The reason for a lot of kicks is not usually just because the player is bad. It's because the player is bad and unresponsive - showing an inability to learn or even attempt to work with the team.

This.

Unresponsive players will be mistaken for griefers. >_> If you can just show that you are willing to work with the team, most players will be willing to teach you. :)

spongbob
04-08-2011, 08:02 PM
You know I never imagined recieving such a large response! Remember to add the others too though not just me by the way.

Also might add I have been having trouble getting online lately, my brother keeps hogging the internet making it really slow. He's on it like 24/7 (apart from when he's sleeping) and is proof that gaming can become an addiction. He plays online on the ps3 and will even miss meals to keep playing. Every time I try to get him to give me at least an hour he gets all aggressive and becomes rude and spiteful.
Anyway the point is until I can find a way to get him off I'm probably not going to be versing online much due to lag. Not very fair but not much I can do. :(