PDA

View Full Version : Re: Invisible War Lock at Loading

De@th2U
03-08-2011, 09:40 PM
I am running Windows Vista home premium edition, I just purchased Invisible War via steam and I am able to get to the menu even change the graphics settings, but after I get passed the first movie and go to create my character and start game it locks up after that I get a black screen where the first loading screen should be and it just hangs there until I ctrl alt delete out of it. Please help, if anyone has any ideas.
PC Specs

CPU:Intel(R) Dual core 1.6ghz
RAM: 2 Gig
GPU: Geforce 9600 GT

Redboy
03-09-2011, 07:44 AM
I am running Windows Vista home premium edition, I just purchased Invisible War via steam and I am able to get to the menu even change the graphics settings, but after I get passed the first movie and go to create my character and start game it locks up after that I get a black screen where the first loading screen should be and it just hangs there until I ctrl alt delete out of it. Please help, if anyone has any ideas.
PC Specs

CPU:Intel(R) Dual core 1.6ghz
RAM: 2 Gig
GPU: Geforce 9600 GT

Exactly same. Had to use 'ctrl alt delete' because hard lock so to press button RESET this sux I can't play.

Matthew94
03-09-2011, 01:57 PM
i could play for an hour then this happened, reinstalling worked for me though the game is too frustrating to play, intriguing plot or not

De@th2U
03-10-2011, 07:22 PM
This is infuriating. They have screwed us all I have been doing some forum searching and apparently this problem has been going on since the game's release date and there is NO fix from what I can see, and from what I can see in other parts of the Deus Ex forums on this page and on Edios everyone else has been having this kind of problem, Valve and Steam ♥♥♥♥ed us over hardcore. I intend to contact the Federal Trade Commission on the grounds that Steam is inentionally selling a faulty product.

Redboy
03-10-2011, 11:04 PM
First write to Steam explain if nothing then goto Federal Trade Commission.

I'm sure this game is broken and need fixed. Steam need to aware of this problem.

If nothing I have right to get money back and maybe need comp because I'm mentally distress from this ♥♥♥♥ up !

Leo_Boon
03-12-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm having the exact same problem. No news on fixes, eh?

FrostRime
03-25-2011, 11:36 AM
ctrl alt delete, kill program Deus Ex and let Ion Launcher run for a few. Eventually it will begin to load. I'm looking for a quicker fix because quite frankly it just looks like Ion Launcher hangs. It forgets what it's suppose to do when you travel to new locations.

PS: If you take this route and you find you can't seem to move and stuff from the desktop keeps flickering on the screen, just hit escape and that will fix it.

I am running Win 7 Home, with an AMD Athlon 2 x4 640 and 8 gigs of Ram and it takes about a minute for this short fix to kick in. I don't know yet if it works for cutscenes. Hopefully some of you will find this at least somewhat useful. It runs very smooth for me once it loads, so that's not an issue I'm sure. Just that Ion Launcher hangs for a few moments before it realizes "Oh, the player traveled to new location, I better load it quick." before going back to it's digital ignorance.

masta121
03-26-2011, 03:27 PM
This is an ancient issue that's not the fault of Steam. Unreal 2 engine has issues with multi core systems and will freeze/crash on them. You have to use a program called imgcfg to force the game to run on one core. (You have to do it for all three exes) google for more info