PDA

View Full Version : Serial Number Error on GTI Racing + Xpand Rally / Steam Bundle

Makoides
03-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Hello, I have bought thess games via Steam as a bundle and downloaded them. And when I try to launch them I got this message on both of them:

"Serial Number is incorrect. Please reinstall GTI Racing(Xpand Rally)"

I already reinstalled 2 times. And no solution. I checked every corner of the internet, but i couldn't find a fix yet. (I read something about Starforce protection, maybe it is the reason.) But I don't understand how the serial number of a game can be wrong, when I buy them from the Steam store. I don't enter any serial numbers, Steam provides it.

It's been 5 days and still no solution, please suggest me something.

Or if it is a general bug/error, how long do i have to wait for the fix/update? I hate these kinds of customer irritating errors/bugs. You pay for the game and you experience such silly problems.

Waiting for any ideas/information. Thanks in advance.

MADDOGGE
03-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Did you try verifying your game cache for each game? If that doesn't work exit Steam and delete or rename your ClientRegistry.blob file. Then restart Steam and try the games again.

Makoides
03-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Thank you for the suggestions, but I tried both of them before, and tried them again now and still got the same error message.
Pfff..

Stevengss
03-16-2011, 05:14 AM
Did you try verifying your game cache for each game? If that doesn't work exit Steam and delete or rename your ClientRegistry.blob file. Then restart Steam and try the games again.

thats not the problem, its annoying that everyone keeps saying that... I have emailed techland many times and get the same response or to go into regirsty and manually enter the cd key... which is stupid because its already there.. steam already does it for you when u install it...

its a server problem on techlands behalf, its not verifiying any of the CD keys when u buy the game through steam, simple