PDA

View Full Version : Some Suggestions

Crebz
03-09-2011, 09:24 PM
1) Kill Assists. If you do a significant amount of damage to an enemy but somebody else kills it you should receive an Assist. They could also be rewarded for when you do something like throw a jack rabbit which helps another player kill a Raptor, even if you did no damage to it.

2) Objectives. These would be rewarded for capturing the hill or killing an enemy in the process of capturing it. Could also be rewarding for healing teammates or healing a specific amount of HP through thrown med packs.

3) A "Hardcore" mode/option with no cross-hairs to make iron sights more necessary, they aren't too useful at the moment. This mode could also have increased damage and maybe friendly fire, depending on how well these would work with the game.

4) A first-person view for the Dilophosaurus and Desmatosuchus. The third-person view should stay too, allowing the player to toggle between the different views.

5) A Quick Iron Sights option which is where the player holds mouse2 to use the sight/scope of a weapon and releases mouse2 to change it back, instead of pressing mouse2 to toggle between them.

6) In KOTH mode if a team begins to capture the hill when it has already been captured by the other team, the other team's timer should pause until the losing team is no longer capturing it. This way it would still be possible for the losing team to capture the hill if there is under 20 seconds (or however long it takes to capture the hill) left before the enemy win.

jesterspawn
03-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Great feedback; thanks.

I think we are planning to implement... perhaps not all, but almost all of these along the way, although controlling the desmatosuchus in first-person could be tricky due to the way the turret's aim is affected by terrain. But we could possibly try it out and see.

The one suggestion that we hadn't considered before was a "hardcore" mode, and I personally love it. I think having the option for more realistic combat in the midst of the ridiculousness of dinosaurs running around would be great fun. It won't be in by launch, but I can assure you the hook is in deep and I'll keep bugging everyone until it's in the game. ;)

FeuerSturm
03-09-2011, 10:42 PM
yay, definitely Hardcore +1!

testy
03-09-2011, 11:38 PM
Is it also possible to make a visual waypoint on the HUD for the KOTH area? May make it easier to go to where the action is.

c_b_fofep
03-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Coming in the next patch!