PDA

View Full Version : Volcanoes

tgb
03-10-2011, 03:17 PM
I just finally finished the third campaign scenario and am seeing serious evidence of either brain-dead A.I., A.I. cheating, or both.

I had completed two goals, had my capitol reasonably garrisoned (although a savvy player could have taken it with some luck), and was just a couple of energy points shy of winning the game. On several occasions, the A.I. could have launched an attack on one of the energy stations or my capitol but didn't. But just when I thought I had the game won, the volcano would erupt at the start of the round.

The combination of these two events, not once, but several times throughout the game, leaves me thinking this might be a multi-player game only.

MIN_Seal
03-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Sounds to me like you got outplayed.

tgb
03-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Sounds to me like you got outplayed.

No, I eventually won - but the A.I. could have made it a lot harder on me and didn't.

fawker
03-13-2011, 07:44 PM
The AI doesn't seem to recognize the value of the temple to much, and will leave a giant stack of units around even when you will be able to convert it to your own army on your next turn.

I played AI until I got the hang of it, or if I want a relaxing game. I have had some really close matches on the standard world map though.

I just got the hang of the game with the AI and moved on to MP. Not a lot of players right now but the numbers are going up. Also, joining the steam group helps a lot to find other players.