PDA

View Full Version : "Finishing the purchase"+error 2002

Wasaur
03-11-2011, 10:40 AM
So I bought the game from a store but still thought that this would be good area to talk about this. (Also my Rift forum acc cant response or start topics)
So you need to have a game card or a credit card before you can "finish the purchase"? Really?

I can get a credit card but it would take a month to get so Im not doing that and if I dont like the game why would I want to buy a 3 month gametime card from a store to get play 1 month for free?
So is there any way to play for the 1 month and then decide if to buy a gametime card without buying one first? :confused:

Thought this would be a valid reason why I get error 2002: Not authorized to play on the launcher screen when I try logging in

Skiiba
03-11-2011, 04:51 PM
I put in a valid code and subbed and got that code too, it took about 2 hours + for the system to recognize it for some reason it is really slow.

You can play without a card I am sure.

If it comes down to it, find someone that has a credit or debit card, unless you are under 16 years of age i find it hard to believe you dont have either of these, or a paypal account.

Anyway find someone that has one, sit down with them, subscribe, then immediately cancel the subscription and you will get the 30 days play time for free. You will be able to play for sure after that.

Johnster1
03-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Apparently you can use your CD-Key as a game-time card code. But I'm not sure if it works ^_^

Wasaur
03-12-2011, 04:20 AM
Yeah, shortly after writing the topics first post I tried first putting my CD-key to be an gametime card but the code is too short.
I got to playing by inserting my dads Visa electron that he doesent still want to be used in my real purchases. Is the free month still on even if I delete the electron from the payment methods? It says that the subscription will be canceled if I do that. I thought I would delete the card after 29 days or so but does the subscription really stay on after deleting the payment method?

People with error 2002: Just putting the cd-key and exiting when it asks for a payment method doesent work you need to input a gametime card or a fake or real Visa/electron/mastercard or paypal to have the purchase of the game confirmed and to get the free month of gametime.

Johnster1
03-13-2011, 03:06 AM
Yeah, shortly after writing the topics first post I tried first putting my CD-key to be an gametime card but the code is too short.
I got to playing by inserting my dads Visa electron that he doesent still want to be used in my real purchases. Is the free month still on even if I delete the electron from the payment methods? It says that the subscription will be canceled if I do that. I thought I would delete the card after 29 days or so but does the subscription really stay on after deleting the payment method?

People with error 2002: Just putting the cd-key and exiting when it asks for a payment method doesent work you need to input a gametime card or a fake or real Visa/electron/mastercard or paypal to have the purchase of the game confirmed and to get the free month of gametime.

Give your visa card details to Trion, get a subscription, play the game for a day, cancel the subscription. You won't be charged until the 30 free days are up.