PDA

View Full Version : KD RATIO system will make more and more CAMPER?

zhenyuan01
03-12-2011, 01:50 AM
yea,a hero needs well skill of fight

but the real heros are those soldiers who never afraid of death in the war!

they should do a charge,not a camp.

so i think a real wargame should not have a KD RATIO system

Kewp
03-12-2011, 02:49 AM
yeh i agree

TherapyFailed
03-12-2011, 02:55 AM
Kids these days love these i guess. It is pretty much the only thing that is really bothering me with this game (as far as i have seen so far). It probable even drives cheaters inside since they want to have the ubber score to show on teh internets.

I wish they would reconsider and have no statistics, unlocks and all that 2010 crap and make a good game that people would love to play because of the gameplay and not statistics.

Duttebayo
03-12-2011, 06:50 AM
I actually like Ostfront, because there actually is a reason to camp. Its easy to get shot, and if you move, you're dead. I call Those ♥♥♥♥ that run all around the map all the time for rushers. I guess you're one to farm kills.
(This game is REALISM, people didn't run like ♥♥♥♥ all the time...)

zhenyuan01
03-12-2011, 08:23 AM
lol,in Danzig,if the allies soldiers do not charge,can they win?

remeber,your teammates' death may make you have chance to catch the flag or take down the Enemy's MG

Autocrat
03-13-2011, 07:19 AM
HoS is looking more and more like CoD, especially in the last GDC videos (look at the MG-er laying prone).

I'm afraid HoS will be a disappointment.

Kewp
03-13-2011, 05:30 PM
HoS is looking more and more like CoD, especially in the last GDC videos (look at the MG-er laying prone).

lets hope the beta testers do their jobs ay

Mikeedude
03-14-2011, 01:56 AM
Kill/death ratio and loads of stats will ruin it for a lot of people.
There is nothing other than points in RO and I don't need any other stats to enjoy the game.

It doesn't fit in with the realism aim in RO, more akin to x-bawx players who are used to stats on everything.

Mike Nomad
03-14-2011, 03:13 AM
All the stats will play into the positive overall user satisfaction... Therefore, the K/D ratio is a welcome addition.

RO2: HoS will be outstanding regardless of the negative comments from trolls.

krazyxazn
03-14-2011, 03:19 AM
If people want to camp, they can join the defending team in the standard mode :P

I never really noticed much camping in RO or DH from attacking team. I noticed a lot of rushers who wasted our reinforcements though :D

Autocrat
03-14-2011, 11:11 AM
the pro's dont camp in ostfront, camping isnt defending, its camping.

If there really is a K/D ratio statistic in the game, a penalty will exist for teamplay in this game.

TehNoob
03-14-2011, 12:04 PM
I want to think that a more niche game such as this will be played more for fun. Yeah, imagine that, a game played for fun. The K/D obsessed people will stay with CoD and BC2. In fact, most of the casual players who play for rank-ups and K/D ratio don't even know of this game, and I think that is a good thing.

Mike Nomad
03-15-2011, 03:35 AM
I want to think that a more niche game such as this will be played more for fun. Yeah, imagine that, a game played for fun. The K/D obsessed people will stay with CoD and BC2. In fact, most of the casual players who play for rank-ups and K/D ratio don't even know of this game, and I think that is a good thing.

No obsessions, just offering appeal to more folks. We want to see RO2 provide a good return for TWI. Being selfish by shunning/insulting those with differing likes and dislikes is counter-productive to ensuring RO2: HoS is successful. To be successful, RO2 must appeal to a wider audience.

RO2 will most likely offer configuration choices that'll satisfy the needs and wants of most.

Jonathan992
03-15-2011, 04:14 PM
Kids these days love these i guess. It is pretty much the only thing that is really bothering me with this game (as far as i have seen so far). It probable even drives cheaters inside since they want to have the ubber score to show on teh internets.

I wish they would reconsider and have no statistics, unlocks and all that 2010 crap and make a good game that people would love to play because of the gameplay and not statistics.

agreed. in RO1 ppl camp on the attacking side just to get a good score. it really angers me, cause im trying to play a fun game but half the team chooses to camp n be a little girl.

Autocrat
03-17-2011, 04:10 AM
agreed. in RO1 ppl camp on the attacking side just to get a good score. it really angers me, cause im trying to play a fun game but half the team chooses to camp n be a little girl.
Its an unwritten rule in FPS games that the team with the most campers always loses. It has always been like that.

Camping is a nono for winning in gamingland, even for realistic games.

derpburp
03-17-2011, 11:18 AM
KDR to me makes me a more cautious player. I pay more attention, not camp, and keeps my head on a swivel. Plus KDR also shows who is the better players. Also the MG gunner in that vid is more like the DoD MG gunners. You can't hipfire them or else you spray everywhere. It balances the weapon.

ductape
04-04-2011, 11:30 PM
If they keep the score system similar to in ROOST, then camping and getting lots of kills wont help you get a high score, cutting out those who look for highscores. If its not profitable why do it?

Also I'm sure a lot of the vets from ROOST will be running unranked servers/servers that wont show kills, so there should be plenty of variety

fedaykin6
04-05-2011, 07:08 AM
A K/D ratio statistic is necessary! Why?

Because it actually helps expose cheaters. Think about it. If you see an incredibly high ratio that by far exceeds the average ratio of other players, chances are good that it's a cheater. Experienced players know what's doable in a game and what's not, so statistics help expose cheaters who are dumb enough to constantly use their cheats. Sneakier aimbot users will be forced to turn their ♥♥♥♥ off once in a while to stay under the radar.

Schnurx
04-06-2011, 01:57 AM
I'm a bit indifferent about the K/D ratio. I think it is a good option to have. I'm playing RO since 2007 at least twice a week for a few hours, on clan and public servers. I don't see very much camping at all. I sometimes notice people accusing others of "camping", which is also often quite a stupid accusation.
On a map with one party attacking, one defending for the attacker to accuse a defender of "camping" is really implicitly stupid.
Most times it's also stupid to accuse an attacker with a matching weapon and task of "camping", e.g. snipers or sometimes machine gunners. A sniper or Machine gunner, who interrupts enemy "supply lines", is much more useful than if he would try to get into the cap at all cost.

Of course there are exceptions, e.g. when often on Arad the bulk of german tanks stands close to the spawn without moving into the capzones...

US War Machine
04-07-2011, 03:35 PM

Err... what exactly is wrong with laying prone with an MG? I was trained in the military to do exactly that. There's even a specific way you're supposed to lay down so the recoil is dealt with.

FailureofHDDVD
04-09-2011, 01:51 AM
i like KD system to be at least hidden ( or just for own pleasures but not viewable in public)

flarp
04-09-2011, 03:13 PM
i think instead of a K/D ratio there should bee a Win/Loss ratio instead.

That way, to maintain a high W/L you have to be a functioning member of the team.

Mikeedude
04-09-2011, 11:58 PM
Or maybe show Time spent in the capzone!

Autocrat
04-10-2011, 02:29 AM
Err... what exactly is wrong with laying prone with an MG? I was trained in the military to do exactly that. There's even a specific way you're supposed to lay down so the recoil is dealt with.
You did not even see the video, did you?
The MG'er is prone, which is absolutely normal, but he stands up and rotate with great speed in an unrealistic wasy.

Autocrat
04-10-2011, 02:30 AM
I'm a bit indifferent about the K/D ratio. I think it is a good option to have. I'm playing RO since 2007 at least twice a week for a few hours, on clan and public servers. I don't see very much camping at all. I sometimes notice people accusing others of "camping", which is also often quite a stupid accusation.
On a map with one party attacking, one defending for the attacker to accuse a defender of "camping" is really implicitly stupid.
Most times it's also stupid to accuse an attacker with a matching weapon and task of "camping", e.g. snipers or sometimes machine gunners. A sniper or Machine gunner, who interrupts enemy "supply lines", is much more useful than if he would try to get into the cap at all cost.

Of course there are exceptions, e.g. when often on Arad the bulk of german tanks stands close to the spawn without moving into the capzones...
There is a difference between camping and defending. If you would have seen that difference, you would not have posted this above.

Schnurx
04-10-2011, 04:19 AM
There is a difference between camping and defending. If you would have seen that difference, you would not have posted this above.

And if you would have read my post and understood it, you would not have posted this.

OilySuperWillie
04-10-2011, 10:21 AM
I love charging.
K/D ratio will make more cautious players but that is not nearly as fun as charging. I generally have terrible K/D ratio.
I'm confident there will be a good mix.

brand eins
04-11-2011, 03:32 AM
May be we do not just need a kill-death-ratio, because killing enemies will not allow you to win the battle automatically (e.g. allies in Danzig).

So, may be we need different ratios, e.g.:

- cap-death-ratio (for players who try or do some capping)
- re-ammuntion-ratio (for spendig ammo for MG gunners)
- defend-death-ratio (for defending a point which is capping by enemies)
and so on...

I believe that there are many good players with a bad kill-death-ratio. They dont kill many enemies, yes. But because they are disrupting the enemy while capping, or be extremly agressive, the team can succeed. Most times those players die. Such a player just give your sniper a good chance to take out the hostile MG gunner or sniper, just because he is the "one guy" who gave his "life" to reveal the enemy's position (and die).