PDA

View Full Version : Not available for purchase anymore?

Alpha_Omega69
03-12-2011, 01:25 PM
I wanted to purchase the Venice expansion today and it says its not available for purchase, does this mean it won't ever be or will it be available later on?

Korruptor55
03-12-2011, 03:50 PM
I really want to know too! I want to buy this game as well and thouight today about getting it, only to see that it said not available! What the heck? I hope it comes available again

dmdilks
03-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Stardock (Impulse) has it and with the 2.1 update.

http://www.impulsedriven.com/dodvenice

Korruptor55
03-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Stardock (Impulse) has it and with the 2.1 update.

http://www.impulsedriven.com/dodvenice

Thanks!
I don't really like Impluse, but as Steam isn't carrying it anymore, for some inexplicable reason, I guess I'll have to recover my username and password for Impulse and get it there.

killersweeks
03-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Thanks!
I don't really like Impluse, but as Steam isn't carrying it anymore, for some inexplicable reason, I guess I'll have to recover my username and password for Impulse and get it there.

They don't carry it because Ubisoft refuses to patch the Steam version of the game for US players. This means, among other things, you could put 100 hours into a game and have the savegames all get corrupted, losing everything in the blink of an eye.

Ubisoft support sucks.

dmdilks
03-13-2011, 06:01 PM
(Impulse) has it and with the 2.1 update ???? That is why I have the box versions of UK 1404 & 1404 Venice. They will always patch that we hope. Plus I don't understand why they are not patching the steam version because that will stop steam from getting games from them. You would think or steam & Ubisoft don't really care about us. Plus people will not buy games from steam if it is a Ubisoft game. Bad move on both companies.

fresco
03-15-2011, 03:44 AM
(Impulse) has it and with the 2.1 update ???? That is why I have the box versions of UK 1404 & 1404 Venice. They will always patch that we hope. Plus I don't understand why they are not patching the steam version because that will stop steam from getting games from them. You would think or steam & Ubisoft don't really care about us. Plus people will not buy games from steam if it is a Ubisoft game. Bad move on both companies.
Yeah it's really sad that none of them seem to care about the Steam version of Anno 1404 (and the addon although this does not concerm directly since I don't have it). Just pulling the plug and don't sell it no more does not help.

Sgt_Pepper
03-15-2011, 11:20 AM
wow, glad I bought it on gamersgate sometime ago. Stupid Ubisoft and DRM policies.

amarok75
03-24-2011, 04:11 AM
They don't carry it because Ubisoft refuses to patch the Steam version of the game for US players. This means, among other things, you could put 100 hours into a game and have the savegames all get corrupted, losing everything in the blink of an eye.

Ubisoft support sucks.

They also didn't patch the german version. Its not only the US players.

Gaizokubanou
03-31-2011, 02:45 PM
Wow this is some total horse crap flinging done by Ubisoft.

amishmonster
04-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Did Ubi ever state why it stopped support? That's pretty crappy of them to just shaft a whole chunk of their user base.

Gizka
04-04-2011, 11:44 PM
Please ubisoft make it aviable for purchasing again. I want to give my money to you in exchange, it's a win-win situation!

allanschnorr
04-07-2011, 06:09 PM
Please ubisoft make it aviable for purchasing again. I want to give my money to you in exchange, it's a win-win situation!

I think that it was steam, not Ubi, that decided to stop selling the game, as Ubi doesn't want to patch the steam version. Should Ubi ever want to patch the steam version, it will be available again.

Havicc
04-12-2011, 04:54 PM
I want this game and steam is the only service i use or want to use. I hope they can talk them into patching it properly so i dont have to look elsewhere for the game.

davel23
04-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Man, game publishers just keep getting sleazier and sleazier. Is there any other industry that treats its customers anywhere near as badly as EA, Activision or Ubisoft?

dmdilks
04-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Here is another place to get it from: http://www.getgamesgo.com/Product/anno-1404-gold

Plus you should be able to update this one too. If you do all the updates before you run the game. You don't need a activation and key.

Kaboom
04-15-2011, 09:53 AM
That worries me about all games on steam now its scarry that games baught else where keep getting support but steam drops it. Should be in a contract to keep providing support to steam customers no matter what. What if Shogun updates stop and so on?

JamieKirby1981
04-15-2011, 11:46 AM
I want this game and steam is the only service i use or want to use. I hope they can talk them into patching it properly so i dont have to look elsewhere for the game.

i only buy from steam now-a-days, so if Ubisoft doesn't patch steam versions, then they don't come out on steam, which means i do NOT buy their games, if Ubisoft want to be insanely stupid, its their choice.

Stevarian
04-16-2011, 06:28 PM
Urgh, damn you Ubisoft - just as I was minutes away from having a mate getting the game /shakeFist

I assume that since other digital distributers have the fully patched game (as opposed to us), we can't play mp games with people who get it elsewhere?

dmdilks
04-16-2011, 07:16 PM
This one you can update:

http://www.getgamesgo.com/Product/anno-1404-gold

Plus more likey that has the 2.1 update. Just remember that before you run the game do all the updates. So you don't have to activated it or use a key. The 3.1 patch takes out the activation.

danohk
04-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Wonder how long it will be before people figure out that treating others well results in good outcomes.

Why on earth is Steam still advertising this, if they're not selling it? Why would Ubisoft agree to sell on Steam, then not support their product?

danohk
04-22-2011, 06:07 PM
And I just noticed the "3 machine activation limit." Why on earth would I buy this online, then? I'll just get the discs, thanks, or, as I am more inclined, just bail out on the all the bullcrap, since you don't know how to treat your paying customers.

deSadist
05-09-2011, 04:06 PM
And I just noticed the "3 machine activation limit." Why on earth would I buy this online, then? I'll just get the discs, thanks, or, as I am more inclined, just bail out on the all the bullcrap, since you don't know how to treat your paying customers.

I'm pretty sure the DVD version carries the same limitation, since it's based on the CD KEY.

dmdilks
05-09-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm pretty sure the DVD version carries the same limitation, since it's based on the CD KEY.

No the base game if you do all the updates before you run it no activation & no key. You can put it on as many computers you want. How the download version Venice DOD yes 3 activation.

If you can get your hands a DVD Gold edition 1404uk and do update 3.1 no activation & no keys. Again you can put it as many computers you want.

I don't know why these people love these online stores. I have every version of the game because I help on 5 anno forums. You have to have them so you help everybody.

I have more problems with the online stores and never had a problem with the disk in hand.