PDA

View Full Version : Kingdoms expansion

llyndred
03-13-2011, 05:37 AM
hi all, was gonna buy shogun 2 but i think if i buy this itl kill some time for me so i wont have to play shogun :)

so anwyays just picked up medievil 2 in the sale already had it on disc but lost one of them so couldnt play it, also i already have empire now im here to ask abou the kingdoms expansion... is it worth buying?

seems a little expensive but im not sure what to do, does it provide much more playing experience?

hope you can give me some general info on it :) cheers

basically im asking is kingdoms worth getting?

ShottyMUFC1
03-13-2011, 06:12 AM
well you can download the tird age mod if you have kingdoms, if you dont know what it is its the lord of the rings in the style of total war, looks awesome. I think im going to buy both, and then download the mod. Its basically an extra full game for free :)

Tha Crazy
03-13-2011, 06:26 AM
Yes, it is worth it. Loads of mods and such to compensate for the price, even though the price is quite cheap, considering the game's content! :)

llyndred
03-13-2011, 07:52 AM
so its definitley worth buying? espeically for all the mods...

that lord of the rings mod sounds great i think im going to buy it.

Moe45673
03-13-2011, 08:15 AM
What are some of the best Mods for this game? Hell, for all the TW games? I currently own Rome (Complete), Med2 (Vanilla) and Empire (Vanilla). Will buy expansions if need be.

Andeus
03-13-2011, 09:08 AM
Even if you don't want to mess with mods, kingdoms seems like a good expansion for it's price. More factions to play, more campaigns, more units and more lands. More everything :P

Haarvieh
03-13-2011, 11:39 AM
so anwyays just picked up medievil 2 in the sale already had it on disc but lost one of them so couldnt play it, also i already have empire now im here to ask abou the kingdoms expansion... is it worth buying?

Kingdoms is the biggst expansion for a Total War game till now.

In Medieval 2 you get a big europe map. In Kingdoms you get 4 maps/campaigns. All with new Factions and tons of new units. In the steam game info stands 10 new units but thats wrong, there are over 100 new ones ;)
The 4 campaigns are:
- Crusades and the Battle for Jerusalem (think of the movie Kingdom of Heaven)
- Teutonic Knights Order trying to etablish a own country in the baltics
- Spanish Conquistadors landing in america and having problems with the natives
- Great Britain
Those 4 regions are completly redone and more detailed than on the Mevieval 2 map
There are of course alot of small detail improvements and most mods need Kingdoms.
The only negative thing is that all the new things are not on the big europe map.

What are some of the best Mods for this game? Hell, for all the TW games? I currently own Rome (Complete), Med2 (Vanilla) and Empire (Vanilla). Will buy expansions if need be.

The 2 biggest and most popular for Medieval2 are:

Stainless Steel:
Medieval mod wich makes all deeper and bigger and more complex with new europe map and it has tons of submods
http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Stainless_Steel

Third Age:
Lord of the Rings totalconversion mod
http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Third_Age:_Total_War

They are both in active development and have big developer teams but need the kingdoms expansion.

Best is to visit the center of Total War modding:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php

They host all the mods and are the biggest Total War community

3asytarg3t
04-26-2011, 01:23 PM
how do you install a total conversion of a steam install of M2?