PDA

View Full Version : Register.bat problem

noddy1989
03-13-2011, 06:04 AM
Hi guys!

I have the game downloaded on steam but it's stuck on the First time setup at installing register.bat

I've registered my account online, I've restarted PC etc. The main problem I can think of was that I had been in closed beta, but I had uninstalled it before starting the installation on steam so not sure if that would be a problem.

I'm currently starting to download the client from the website, but thought in the mean time someone may know how to fix this so I can play earlier =]

Johnster1
03-13-2011, 07:09 AM
Nope, you're just gonna have to download and wait like everyone else. There's no free trials going yet, and the beta is well over, so you'll have to download the game and wait ^_^

noddy1989
03-13-2011, 07:24 AM
I meant I've already downloaded it through steam which I did whilst asleep after uninstalling the previous beta version on my PC.

I don't really mind waiting as I already know how good the game is, but I wouldn't have minded wasting my entire Sunday on it :P

Johnster1
03-13-2011, 07:38 AM
I don't really mind waiting as I already know how good the game is, but I wouldn't have minded wasting my entire Sunday on it :P

You think that's bad? It's taken me around three weeks trying to install, uninstall, reinstall due to corrupted hotfixes/patches/settings, etc. It's better to do it when you finish work early (or in my case college), have a good internet speed (around 2mb) and it'll be done by tomorrow morning hopefully. I've had to leave it on overnight, but that's OK. Not brilliant for the environment due to the power, but I got my game, and it was sorta worth the wait ^_^