PDA

View Full Version : Customers in Banned Countries?

7h3od0r3
03-13-2011, 09:52 AM
I'm a South Korean and I bought this game like a month ago 'cause it looked quite interesting (+ thought Frontline wasn't so bad after all). Suddenely the government banned the title and asked Valve (and other retailers) to stop selling this title in Korea. I'm expecting to get the title (They must I guess, I paid ffs), it shows on my game list, and I got and gifted Metro 2033 already, anyway (as you all know, if u get a banned title as a gift, it works fine) but still, I feel a bit worried, and feel outraged about what the government did. I've read some threads about banning in UK. Are there anyone purchased the game in banned regions(I mean, the game got banned in your country AFTER you bought the game)?

shr00mz
03-13-2011, 09:56 AM
Apparently your govt doesnt like the idea of being taken over by North Korea even in a piece of fiction...

LckMyNts
03-13-2011, 11:15 AM
Tell ya what dude, if you cant download the game for some reason just send me the money and then I will gift you the game.

Government has too much power in all of our lives these days, even here in the USA. I'm sure most will agree that over the last couple decades the constraints on what we can and cant do in this country just seem to be getting tighter and tighter. Someday our nation may actually end up looking like the one depicted in Homefront but not due to an invasion from a foreign power. It will be due to revolution within, I just hope it happens long after I am gone. Good luck with your purchase, and keep us informed after release about what happens.

Also, since you are Korean that means you can understand what the badguys are saying all the time in the game right? OK buddy, your coming with me! I need an interpreter to understand what these bastards are saying! And when we are in combat I need someone who can scream my epithets in a language the enemy can undertand, lol. Keep us posted, over and out.

sytheknight
03-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Since it's in your library it's safe to say you do still own it but you can check your account on steam, Homefront should be listed as one of your subscriptions.

Also I would advise not to send people money to buy you a game as that is against the steam user agreement and will get your account locked.

jjj0309
03-13-2011, 09:03 PM
Tell ya what dude, if you cant download the game for some reason just send me the money and then I will gift you the game.

Government has too much power in all of our lives these days, even here in the USA. I'm sure most will agree that over the last couple decades the constraints on what we can and cant do in this country just seem to be getting tighter and tighter. Someday our nation may actually end up looking like the one depicted in Homefront but not due to an invasion from a foreign power. It will be due to revolution within, I just hope it happens long after I am gone. Good luck with your purchase, and keep us informed after release about what happens.

Also, since you are Korean that means you can understand what the badguys are saying all the time in the game right? OK buddy, your coming with me! I need an interpreter to understand what these bastards are saying! And when we are in combat I need someone who can scream my epithets in a language the enemy can undertand, lol. Keep us posted, over and out.

Viva La Revolution, dude. I'm from South Korea and very appreciate your kind words.
Even they can banned a video game and send us to prison for post some criticism words against government on the internet, though they can't stop the awakening of the people from free men's free will.
Our fathers fought for death to Japan's invade and occupation, but the war is still have not ended yet. Now we're fighting against Globalists' propaganda and descendants of the Japanese empire. Same enemies with different name.
But one thing is sure. We will change this country and bring back our freedom taken by Fascism and ruthless tyranny, with our own hands.
Death to Dictators, to both North and South.

shr00mz
03-13-2011, 09:10 PM
^ Cool story bro, this is a gaming forum politico.com ----> way

good luck on that revolution

FrontlinerDelta
03-13-2011, 09:35 PM
Apparently your govt doesnt like the idea of being taken over by North Korea even in a piece of fiction...

It'd be like if it were banned in the US because it shows US citizens being executed and the US is occupied.

7h3od0r3
03-14-2011, 06:38 PM
Wow, holy ♥♥♥♥. I don't see the game on my list anymore. They removed the game for real. They just refunded the money(into the Steam Credit $49.99).

jjj0309
03-14-2011, 06:46 PM
Holy ♥♥♥♥ing god, ♥♥♥♥ JUST GOT REAL. :o

FullMetalPanic
03-14-2011, 06:53 PM
As it should! Fiction is our number 1 enemy...it can hurt us badly. *sarcasm*

Seriously tho...sorry to hear that....didn't know they where so uptight in South Korea about these things. I only knew South Korean politician fight in parlement :p

Was Crysis also banned in South Korea by the way (also had North Korean soldiers)?

oktoberklub
03-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Looks like Germany isn't the only country with a very dubious understanding of democracy and freedom of speech when it comes to gaming... Sorry to hear that you can't play Homefront.

7h3od0r3
03-14-2011, 06:57 PM
As it should! Fiction is our number 1 enemy...it can hurt us badly. *sarcasm*

Seriously tho...sorry to hear that....didn't know they where so uptight in South Korea about these things. I only knew South Korean politician fight in parlement :p

Was Crysis also banned in South Korea by the way (also had North Korean soldiers)?

About Crysis, it didn't got banned(Although it WAS a hot potato, but EA got their branch in Kr, and they CARE. So they managed to release the title. On the other hand, THQ retreated from the country couple o' months ago, so they don't care much about releasing their games in Kr). I guess in the case of Crysis, the game was about being a super soldier who's kicking NK asses on some Southeastern Asian island which is nothing to do with South Korean Authorities, so they said it was OK, but Homfront is about full scale-invasion, so they thought it's offensive. I guess it's about matter of the contents. ♥♥♥♥, gotta pirate the game:p

GoreBacke
03-14-2011, 07:59 PM
gotta pirate the game:p

Not even governments can stop pirates. :D

IAmJakub
03-14-2011, 08:09 PM
yarrr, where is me wooden leg?