PDA

View Full Version : If you played Soldier of Fortune Payback, this is better than that.

Stry
03-13-2011, 09:13 PM
While definetly not high budget, interstingly enough it supported DX11 and DX10 Graphics API's, Screen Space Ambient Occlusion... things like that, but... I didn't really notice. Plays like... hmmm... Quake, or something like that. Quake meets call of duty, on a shoe-string budget.

Graphics are okay, i actually found myself enjoying the game a bit, until the cut scenes. If you can get past those, its a fun little romp for $10.

Keep in mind, this was probably made for $10, so don't expect much.

Saijin_Naib
03-13-2011, 09:34 PM
SOF:PB provided multiplayer, a ton of weapons and customizations, and a fairly lengthy single player campaign.

And this is better? Interesting.

HornetOne85
03-14-2011, 05:40 AM
For 10 bucks, I don't mind trying

That is if this game will ever be available outside of US

Kleetus
03-14-2011, 08:40 PM
Saying it's better than SoF: Payback isn't really that telling.

Almost anything is better than SoF: Payback.

MADDOGGE
03-14-2011, 08:46 PM
The OP is joking or he really really hates Payback!:eek: I think its a surprising well done little snack micro movie game but hardly better than Payback. Not saying Payback is awesome either but lets be serious when comparing things.

PS: It's certainly better than any MW game ever made and only a little shorter.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Saijin_Naib
03-14-2011, 10:10 PM
Payback was a blast, and had great potential but Activision screwed David over.

However, I still managed to release a script that unlocked a bunch of multiplayer maps, and other community members figured out how to use maps from other CloakNT 3.x games, so it had decent mod support and tons of new maps and weapons that way.

I'll be getting this when it goes to 2$ and below. No point without MP or a LONG single-player campaign.

MADDOGGE
03-15-2011, 06:57 AM
I need to replay Payback. It's been a long while.