PDA

View Full Version : PC

armyfreak221
03-15-2011, 03:17 PM
so this is actually several question guys, I'm told tat console version has only 8v8? is it the same for pc version or will we have more players in a game?

and what do you guys think will be PC(which i think will be) xbox or ps3? i got a good gaming rig but i wouldnt mind playing on xbox just to have it found out itll be like Tf2 and be nonexistant in a few months.

derpburp
03-15-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm not gonna get this if we have a max of 16 people.

AllTheWay
03-15-2011, 04:51 PM
8v8 isn't a bad thing. I think its taking more of a tactical approach rather than just loading up lobbies/servers with as many players possible just running & gunning.

Darksider1972
03-15-2011, 04:52 PM
It's only 8v8 on all platforms.

PhellAsleep
03-15-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm still waiting on the system requirements. If I preorder and my system doesn't meet the requirements, will Steam give a refund?

Robotkio
03-15-2011, 05:00 PM
I'm fairly certain it is only 8v8 max, even on PC. Though, personally, I like the sound of that. The official site (http://brinkthegame.com/features/) says, "Multiplayer takes the story online where you can play with up to seven other people [...] or with up to 16 players competitively." and I can't find anything that says otherwise.

Also, armyfreak221, I'm not quite sure what you're asking with your second question. I'm going to interpret it as, "Which system (PC, 360 or PS3) do you think will have the biggest and most active community?" If that is what you're asking: I think the PC will have the largest and most active community, but I don't think it will die out on the consoles after a couple months.

Almost all the demos Splash Damage have had at trade shows have been the console version, which would imply to me that they care about the console versions as well. Also they've said they do plan on supporting their game post launch, which will help extend its life.

The major reason TF2 fell off, I think, was because PC got all the updates and the console versions were left in the dust. Though, I believe, that was an issue between Valve and Microsoft with Valve not being able to distribute content to their game as quickly and efficiently as they would have liked to. I have a feeling that BRINK will not have an excessive amount of patches and small updates like TF2 so this should fit into the update scheme provided by Microsoft better.

On the other hand, nobody can say for certain that the console versions won't be dead after a couple months. All anyone can do is speculate. But I think BRINK will be a solid enough game to last.

Robotkio
03-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Sorry for the double post here, got thrice ninja'd while I was writing my one long post.
I'm still waiting on the system requirements. If I preorder and my system doesn't meet the requirements, will Steam give a refund?

Check out the Steam Refund Policy (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4938-wtdf-9465). It says to check out section 4 of the Steam Subscriber Agreement (http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/) which, for both the Steam Wallet and payment through Credit Card states (in all caps, no less):
ALL STEAM FEES ARE PAYABLE IN ADVANCE AND ARE NOT REFUNDABLE IN WHOLE OR IN PART.

Basically a great big "No" on refunds of any kind. If you can be patient and wait for the system requirements I would suggest doing that (kind of surprised they haven't dished those out yet). Otherwise, maybe you can pre-order through another company that you know offers refunds. BRINK is a Steamworks title, which means you can order it from somewhere else, register the key with Steam then download and play it through Steam.

Darksider1972
03-15-2011, 05:50 PM
I'm fairly certain it is only 8v8 max, even on PC. Though, personally, I like the sound of that. The official site (http://brinkthegame.com/features/) says, "Multiplayer takes the story online where you can play with up to seven other people [...] or with up to 16 players competitively." and I can't find anything that says otherwise.

Also, armyfreak221, I'm not quite sure what you're asking with your second question. I'm going to interpret it as, "Which system (PC, 360 or PS3) do you think will have the biggest and most active community?" If that is what you're asking: I think the PC will have the largest and most active community, but I don't think it will die out on the consoles after a couple months.

Almost all the demos Splash Damage have had at trade shows have been the console version, which would imply to me that they care about the console versions as well. Also they've said they do plan on supporting their game post launch, which will help extend its life.

The major reason TF2 fell off, I think, was because PC got all the updates and the console versions were left in the dust. Though, I believe, that was an issue between Valve and Microsoft with Valve not being able to distribute content to their game as quickly and efficiently as they would have liked to. I have a feeling that BRINK will not have an excessive amount of patches and small updates like TF2 so this should fit into the update scheme provided by Microsoft better.

On the other hand, nobody can say for certain that the console versions won't be dead after a couple months. All anyone can do is speculate. But I think BRINK will be a solid enough game to last.

YOU + seven other people = 8 then add other friends for other team = 8, 16 total.

Clushje
03-15-2011, 08:40 PM

Yes they will, providing that you open up a support ticket requesting to cancel your pre-order BEFORE the release date. On the day or after the game is released, no refund. I can't imagine the system requirements not surfacing before then, so you should be fine pre-ordering.

But personally, if you're not reasonably confident that your system can run the game then I'd wait until they finalize the requirements, it's not like the pre-order bonus is going anywhere.

Robotkio
03-15-2011, 09:02 PM
YOU + seven other people = 8 then add other friends for other team = 8, 16 total.
That was pretty much exactly what I was getting at there. Was that not apparent?

methodman123
03-15-2011, 09:23 PM
I think this game would be kind of more fun with more people however the map designs are very packed. Theres not a lot of room, i was really into this game when i first saw the gameplay, however 8v8 very boring in any game imo.

Just to put this otu there, I am not the gamer where i try to be extremely good at a game, i jump from game to game and only play for fun, thats why i like games that have around 32 servers because its a little more chaotic.

MastaCosMc
03-15-2011, 10:12 PM
I want to say there's also bots with gameplay, it can't only be 8 people on the selected Ark region.

AgingHobo
03-16-2011, 03:00 AM
I want to say there's also bots with gameplay, it can't only be 8 people on the selected Ark region.

The bots will most likely fill up empty player slots on the server until somebody else joins the game, then the bot has to find a different server to play on :(

gameyoda
03-16-2011, 04:37 PM
The bots will most likely fill up empty player slots on the server until somebody else joins the game, then the bot has to find a different server to play on :(

This. Also I think 8 v s8 is not bad. Rounds won't drag on forever and everybody has to actually do something, in 16 vs 16 you will often find people just standing afk just to get xp at the end.

xMaggostx
03-16-2011, 07:58 PM
This. Also I think 8 v s8 is not bad. Rounds won't drag on forever and everybody has to actually do something, in 16 vs 16 you will often find people just standing afk just to get xp at the end.

Or people who like to camp and those who doesnt want to help the team, the VOIP will be a must use in Brink for sure.

Cormierre
03-16-2011, 08:06 PM
Sorry for the double post here, got thrice ninja'd while I was writing my one long post.

Check out the Steam Refund Policy (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4938-wtdf-9465). It says to check out section 4 of the Steam Subscriber Agreement (http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/) which, for both the Steam Wallet and payment through Credit Card states (in all caps, no less):

Basically a great big "No" on refunds of any kind. If you can be patient and wait for the system requirements I would suggest doing that (kind of surprised they haven't dished those out yet). Otherwise, maybe you can pre-order through another company that you know offers refunds. BRINK is a Steamworks title, which means you can order it from somewhere else, register the key with Steam then download and play it through Steam.

Actually, they refunded my preorder on Crysis 2 after I played the MP demo.
You just have to show some sophistication, and file the report to fit their
management system as well as possible to assist them in helping you out.

I don't think they HAVE to do it, but they didn't seem opposed to it, really.
Just make sure you're sure about your choice so you don't add unnecessary trouble.

I was pleased to say the least.

Hurrrdulon
03-17-2011, 07:15 AM
I'm not gonna get this if we have a max of 16 people.
It's a max of 16 players. No, it's not a console thing, it's a design choice.

Personally, I like smaller teams as it adds player accountability, and objectives actually get done.

Draps
03-17-2011, 05:52 PM

AHAHA i lol'd, you made my day sir.

gameyoda
03-18-2011, 02:15 AM
Or people who like to camp and those who doesnt want to help the team, the VOIP will be a must use in Brink for sure.

And a vote kick to get rid of those people. Im just sayin'.

Ren
03-18-2011, 03:56 AM
8v8 is perfect.
Maps seem rather small, so adding more players would just be chaotic.

striker92
03-18-2011, 08:53 AM
8v8 is the default setting for all platforms. However im pretty sure there was talk of being able to change this on your own servers for up to 24 players i think. not sure if this would work for console

Darksider1972
03-18-2011, 10:01 AM
Actually, they refunded my preorder on Crysis 2 after I played the MP demo.
You just have to show some sophistication, and file the report to fit their
management system as well as possible to assist them in helping you out.

I don't think they HAVE to do it, but they didn't seem opposed to it, really.
Just make sure you're sure about your choice so you don't add unnecessary trouble.

I was pleased to say the least.

No sophistication, just say I changed my mind on my pre-order or played said demo and did not like the game, I've done that a few times now every single one of my pre-orders i did not want were refunded, and of course it has to be done before a game is release, once released you're not getting a refund at all.

derpburp
03-18-2011, 08:09 PM
It's a max of 16 players. No, it's not a console thing, it's a design choice.

Personally, I like smaller teams as it adds player accountability, and objectives actually get done.
Who said anything about that, I just like larger MP games.

Hurrrdulon
03-18-2011, 09:42 PM
Who said anything about that, I just like larger MP games.
Guy above you, maybe I should have quoted him as well but w/e.
Each to his own.

derpburp
03-18-2011, 09:55 PM
Guy above you, maybe I should have quoted him as well but w/e.
Each to his own.
Fair enough, lol. It just looked from the trailers that the maps were kinda large and open so perhaps a 24 or 30 would have been nice.