PDA

View Full Version : Impressed

Met@lM@n
03-16-2011, 06:16 AM
IMO,IMO,IMO

If I were to rate this game in comparison to the recently released BFBC2, MOH or Black Ops I would give it a 10 outta 10. On simple game play by no comparison I would give it a high 7.5. Im running it on a quad core, 8mb ram and it runs smooth as silk.

Lets face it, with any game, the graphics could look like two turds fighting two sticks but it if played great more than half of us would be happy. The Homfront graphics are a bit cartoonish but its actual game play physics are damn near spot on. Its different, not bad, actually good but different.

IMO it has the movement characteristics of MW2 and the environmental properies of BFBC2. Thank god it doesnt feel like BO nor MOH. Once again,IMO.

Killing is not as easy as with MW2 but eaiser than BFBC2. The maps are big but not huge. I would like to see some CQB maps DLC'd. Aiming is a bit different but not as sluggish as BO and the guns are just powerful enough.

My only real complaint is the snipers. Not the snipers themselves but but the ease of use in regard to the weapons. There is no learning curve. No breath control button.....just point and shoot. Any noob could just hide and kill with no skill needed. Which is happening. Two ways to fix this. Nerf the snipers or create a learning aspect to the weapon.

For a developer (Kaos) which I consider to be second tear, they have done a pretty damn good job. Im sure Homefront is not for everyone but thus far Im impressed.

Zarma
03-16-2011, 06:54 AM
+1

Havent finished the singleplay yet but I think I have done more than the half and LOVED it. Far better than Black Ops. As good MoH.

Multiplayer is fun with bullets doing correct damages. No need to hit the guy 25 times to kill him. A little bit disappointed by the sniper rifles (too easy).

Vehicles are fun.

No major bugs and running fine.

No need to wait 10 patches to be just able to play the game (like Black Ops). Hope they will add some maps and maybe weapons/vehicles in a futur patch/DLC.

100% worth the price. Will replace MoH and Black Ops for me.

PS : how do you guys show the fps in game ? Fraps or is there a console command ?

yo-pimp
03-16-2011, 07:02 AM
+1

Havent finished the singleplay yet but I think I have done more than the half and LOVED it. Far better than Black Ops. As good MoH.

Multiplayer is fun with bullets doing correct damages. No need to hit the guy 25 times to kill him. A little bit disappointed by the sniper rifles (too easy).

Vehicles are fun.

No need to wait 10 patches to be just able to play the game (like Black Ops). Hope they will add some maps and maybe weapons/vehicles in a futur patch/DLC.

PS : how do you guys show the fps in game ? Fraps or is there a console command ?

pretty much agree with whole statement

bear912
03-16-2011, 07:08 AM

I don't actually own the game, but try looking at this list of Unreal console commands (http://unreal.epicgames.com/UTConsole.htm). Try "STAT FPS", perhaps? I can't guarantee this will be effective, but it's a start at least. Let us know how it works for you.

Bassick
03-16-2011, 07:08 AM
I agree that its new and refreshing. Mainly because I am sick of the duty's and never enjoyed bad company all that much. I wouldnt go that far as saying its 10 outta 10, but it'll fill the void. I do think its a 10 outta 10 compared to MoH, which i found less than enjoyable. This game feels like its fast-paced tactical. A tank comes in to wreck shop than you come in with a heli. Its pretty balanced but i think the rocket launchers' anti-vehicle damage should be upped a little. Nothing that can't be fixed in a patch. I'm glad some people gave this game more than 24 hrs to try jesus christ. I'm ashamed that us gamers have become soo damn picky.

gwiz42
03-16-2011, 07:58 AM
loving it so far, and the first game since Cod4/CS that's had me fearful of whats around the corner and moving tactically

Love that it's not a 100% run and gun

German680
03-16-2011, 08:03 AM
O NO Company fan - boy's are out tonight, Trying to drudge the game out of the gutter it has fallen into...

Don't buy the game it's a wast ♥♥♥♥ crap, BFBC2 is 100x better than this shAt.

Pietro
03-16-2011, 08:22 AM
+1

Vehicles are fun.

To show fps it's in Options->Gameplay-> Frame Rate Toggle

Zarma
03-16-2011, 08:25 AM
Thanks