PDA

View Full Version : SpaceChemRanks

8ooTes
03-16-2011, 11:34 AM
I made a simple web application in the last few hours where you can post your solutions and compare them with others, you can find it here: http://spacechemranks.alexz.cloudbees.net/

You can list solutions for every Level and sort them by cycles, reactors, symbols and also by efficiency which is calculated by multiplying cycles by reactors by symbols.

It is very basic but there is no registration required. When adding a solution you can directly embed the YouTube video to your solution and also add a description.

It's missing the 3 last planets and the according levels because I haven't progressed this far yet. If anyone can name me the exact names of the planets and levels I can add them.

BTW:
The application is hosted on CloudBees with a free Beta Account which means the application is hibernated every 24 hours. I need to manually wake it every day, so don't be surprised if it's down. I'll try not to forget to wake it, but this way it's free for me.

I would hope for something similar to my work being included in a future release of the game or on the SpaceChem website. In the meantime this should be good enough, enjoy :)

bra1nz
03-17-2011, 02:32 PM
Nice idea, but the site isn't very user friendly.
I'd like to see one list of all levels (no menu nor submenu), together with the best scores.

Also, I don't think the number of cycles should count in the efficiency score.
Twice the amount of symbols for half the cycles doesn't seem very efficient to me.

8ooTes
03-18-2011, 01:33 AM
I'd like to see one list of all levels (no menu nor submenu), together with the best scores.

Also, I don't think the number of cycles should count in the efficiency score.
Twice the amount of symbols for half the cycles doesn't seem very efficient to me.

The default list shows all levels already and the columns can be sorted by Efficiency, Cycles, Reactors or Symbols.

I think the formula as it is is pretty fair, half the cycles for twice the symbols is as efficient in total.

I've deployed a new version just now with more levels as I have progressed further in the game. Still most of Flidais is missing as well as the last planet.

bra1nz
03-18-2011, 08:29 AM
The list shows all added solutions. I would prefer a clickable list of all levels together with high score columns. That way, you have a nice overview and you can lose the planet menu and level submenu.

WheresTheSwitch
03-21-2011, 09:16 PM
It is interesting to compare the various solutions.

A suggestion. Show the "efficiency" rating as a percentage value based on the best solution. If your solution is "half as good" as the best one submitted then it should be ranked as 50%. This value will change as people add submissions but it makes more sense than the current score.

8ooTes
03-25-2011, 07:00 AM
I added the remaining planets and changed the efficiency to be shown as percentage based on the best solution, thanks for the feedback :-)