PDA

View Full Version : Game needs demo

neurotiq
03-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Graphics are nothing great, so its up to gameplay to make this worth buying, but how can we know gameplay without a demo? That isn't to say that they are bad (graphics), so this isn't a flame thread.

The idea is totally funny and reminds me of the time machine on idiocracy, but all I have are some short trailers :(.

Will there be a demo pre-release?

nabokovfan87
03-16-2011, 01:17 PM
I am very interested as well, would be able to decide with some gameplay from a gaming site or some sort of tutorial type look at the game, or better yet a demo so I can try things out myself.

I hope that games like this and crasher add singleplayer, the story sounds interesting as heck.

FeuerSturm
03-16-2011, 01:21 PM
If you guys are interested, I'd record some gameplay footage
from the beta version while playing each class for a few minutes.

Interested? Anyone?

neurotiq
03-16-2011, 01:25 PM
If you guys are interested, I'd record some gameplay footage
from the beta version while playing each class for a few minutes.

Interested? Anyone?

Yeah, use that claw program instead of fraps so you can max out (if u can max out)

c_b_fofep
03-16-2011, 01:27 PM
We're looking into some ideas to address these concerns, they're definitely legitimate. We're a new developer with a new IP - so we know there are folks out there we'll need to prove ourselves to.

A demo is on the table for sure, as well as free weekend promotions and that kind of thing. We're going to reach out to those of you that might be on the fence with regard to Dino D-Day and try to prove to you that it's a game worth investing in. We think it's a pretty fun game right now...and it's only going to get better as we incorporate community feedback into the development process.

Centy
03-16-2011, 01:32 PM
We're looking into some ideas to address these concerns, they're definitely legitimate. We're a new developer with a new IP - so we know there are folks out there we'll need to prove ourselves to.

A demo is on the table for sure, as well as free weekend promotions and that kind of thing. We're going to reach out to those of you that might be on the fence with regard to Dino D-Day and try to prove to you that it's a game worth investing in. We think it's a pretty fun game right now...and it's only going to get better as we incorporate community feedback into the development process.

Well a demo or preferably a free weekend would certainly convince me one way or the other but I can't justify paying 13 for a multiplayer only game I can't try first.

Might also be worth noting that in the UK it's actually 12% more expensive normally so the discount isn't going to do much here.

neurotiq
03-16-2011, 01:49 PM

Thats great man, graphics can take second so long as gameplay brings it. I mean look at Pokemon, that game has hardly changed since 95 (or w/e) and it still sells because of gameplay.

Demos are great because they show that you are not afraid to show your product, not so much that you have to "prove" it, but that you are confident.

Graphics and such can be added/patched/modded later, no issue, its gameplay that we need to see :).

Enad
03-16-2011, 04:42 PM

Awesome! That would be great, a demo or free weekend would be perfect. I'm one of those on the fence of purchasing or not(Though I probably will anyways. :))

MrUnderstanding
03-16-2011, 05:37 PM
I thought the graphics looked quite good. :/

99Reaper99
03-16-2011, 06:30 PM
I agree. I'm not going to buy without a demo as I doubt anyone I know has even heard of this game. Its either gonna be a top notch game or one of the worst I've ever played.

Free weekend would be preferable! :D

If it's good enough, no doubt I can get many of my friends to buy it. Same with Killing Floor, etc.

c_b_fofep
03-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Its either gonna be a top notch game or one of the worst I've ever played.

Aw, man...we can't be anywhere between those two?

We'll do our best to be more on the "top notch" end of the equation. ;)

Jonny5300394
03-16-2011, 06:39 PM
If it looks really bad before release I'll cancel, otherwise though, I've got a cool no game to play with my dino-freak friend. :P

P.S. Looks really good now though.

PersianImm0rtal
03-16-2011, 11:27 PM
I am in the Beta, and I think the game is brilliant! It makes me feel like I am playing a Half Life game for the first time all over again, like DoD, or CS. Its a great feeling, I think it is very fresh, and I have not felt that way about a game in years. Makes me feel younge again. DDD is not just another CoDMW clone or HALO clone. Its a really nice fresh gameplay experience, and each patch they put out gets better and better! From what I can tell the developer team are working in complete cooperation with the beta testers, writing down all of the feedback and suggestions. And in turn they are using what we say that makes sense and applying it to the game, in turn this crafts a game that was built for us gamers. It is good old fashion fun, easy to learn and get into, but it can also be very competitive! I am very confident that this will turn out to be one greatly polished multiplayer experience, comparable to that of any other Valve Source game, like L4D2 or TF2.

In fact I would consider this game a direct competitor or even killer of Team Fortress 2!

Which is kind of funny because I am sure Valve is in good contact with the DDD dev team, to make sure it turns out to a great game since it is a Source engine game and they would want the game to succeed. There are so many great things that can come out of this game.

Again just to highlight, this game is really being built for gamers; I would say about 95% of all of our sincere suggestions about gameplay and balance were being applied to the game. The other 5% was basically not included because it is not in the vision of the game. So, for these reasons above, I decided this game is a game to purchase, and that's why I will be preordering as soon as my paycheck comes on Friday.

neurotiq
03-16-2011, 11:43 PM
I am in the Beta, and I think the game is great. It makes me feel like I am playing a Half Life game for the first time all over again, like DoD, or CS. Its a great feeling, I think it is very fresh, and I have not felt that way about a game in years. Makes me feel younge again.DDD is not just another CoDMW clone or HALO clone. Its a really nice fresh gameplay experience, and each patch they put out gets better and better! From what I can tell the developer team are working in complete cooperation with the beta testers, writing down all of the feedback and suggestions. And in turn they are using what we say that makes sense and applying it to the game, in turn this crafts a game that was built for us gamers. It is good old fashion fun, easy to learn and get into, but it can also be very competitive! I am very confident that this will turn out to be one greatly polished multiplayer experience, comparable to that of any other Valve Source game, like L4D2 or TF2.

In fact I would consider this game a direct competitor or even killer of Team Fortress 2!

Which is kind of funny because I am sure Valve is in good contact with the DDD dev team, to make sure it turns out to a great game since it is a Source engine game and they would want the game to succeed. There are so many great things that can come out of this game.

I want that to be the case, but a demo would help to verify this.

PersianImm0rtal
03-16-2011, 11:49 PM
Also I forgot to mention, there are plans to add in single player as well.

neurotiq
03-16-2011, 11:53 PM
Also I forgot to mention, there are plans to add in single player as well.

Thats cool. PS3 crossover would be good as well.

randomforummer
03-17-2011, 11:46 AM
You see, it seems kind of interesting. Sadly, the maps feel quite 'dead' to me already (no worries, Counter-Strike 1.6 did that to me too, and I've spent over 1500 hours on that), and the gameplay doesn't seem rock solid. For 20 bucks, I need to know what I'm buying -- therefore, a demo is not just needed, it's pretty much required. :<

PersianImm0rtal
03-17-2011, 02:21 PM
You see, it seems kind of interesting. Sadly, the maps feel quite 'dead' to me already (no worries, Counter-Strike 1.6 did that to me too, and I've spent over 1500 hours on that), and the gameplay doesn't seem rock solid. For 20 bucks, I need to know what I'm buying -- therefore, a demo is not just needed, it's pretty much required. :<

Well it is a beta and the gameplay is being polished. Most gameplay vids out there are not from full servers just a few people testing out stuff. The map that you see is not fully furnished yet either, most rooms and areas are only partially decorated so far. But the beta testers have made it aware that we want more dynamic objects/sounds to make the maps come out more alive(Wait till you here the propaganda speaker! So funny!).

novgoradmars
03-17-2011, 03:18 PM
Glad to know Propaganda-Abschnitts-Offizier Alwin von Vaerst has a fan. He's a favorite of mine too. The real truth about the war!

neurotiq
03-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Well it is a beta and the gameplay is being polished. Most gameplay vids out there are not from full servers just a few people testing out stuff. The map that you see is not fully furnished yet either, most rooms and areas are only partially decorated so far. But the beta testers have made it aware that we want more dynamic objects/sounds to make the maps come out more alive(Wait till you here the propaganda speaker! So funny!).

Why not allow more people into the beta then? The problem with waiting is that the release is so soon, but information so little. I was in SC2 beta, and the community was more than accepting of buying the game after being able to see it and see the direction it was going. SC2 did not live up to its direction, and thus faced strong criticism, however I think this project could benefit from more participation.

fredthewhale
03-24-2011, 05:20 PM
As someone who has pre-ordered and been browsing the forums for several weeks, I'd really love to play the game in some kind of demo. I saw the trailer for this a year ago and never thought it'd be a full game, so I am most excited.