PDA

View Full Version : Cloning Clyde

Topshmups
03-16-2011, 11:47 PM
Not sure this is the right place so please move it if it isn't

I bought this game yesterday but when I came to play it wouldn't play in full screen mode it always has a window round it which is very off putting. I tried everything to get it to work in full screen but failed anyone else having the problem.

It also says you can change this in the graphics option on the menu screen but all i get is the option to have cartoon outline on off or auto.

Great game spoiled by this problem.

Help please

DarthSidious
03-17-2011, 06:37 AM
Same problem here, it seems "ClydeSettings.exe" isn't working. I've tried to set language to Spanish, and guess what? Doesn't change to Spanish.
I'm very disappointed with this port :(

Topshmups
03-17-2011, 12:29 PM
same problem here

I tried opening the ClydeSettings application in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\cloning clyde\
but it showed that I was already using full screen even though it isn't working. It also doesn't seem to change the model detail when I set it to high.

I tried that too but nothing anyone know if and when this will be fixed? Not being able to run in high detail sucks.

This maybe needs moving to games discussion forumi 'm begining to regret buying it.

epsylon_Z1
03-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Maybe this will help :

Q: How can I run the game in a higher resolution, or in windowed mode?

A: In the installation folder is a folder called “fsall”. Inside that is a file called “settings.ini”. It’s possible to change several important settings in the settings.ini file, including switching the game to windowed mode and changing the resolution.

Edit this file at your own risk! If you set a resolution your monitor doesn’t support and run full-screen, for example, the game will not run.

If your question isn’t answered above or in the forums, feel free to contact us here:

Technical Support: support@ninjabee.com

Topshmups
03-17-2011, 11:11 PM
Thanks for that will give it ago later.

dcpak
03-19-2011, 03:37 AM
I've got the same problem. There is no possibility to play fullscreen, which is rather annoying.

Topshmups
03-19-2011, 10:57 AM
I've sent an email to support but still havn't had a reply will let you all know when i get one.

I just get the feeling this isn't ment to played full screen it doesn't even recognise my max screen resolution figers crossed though.

thekarlm
03-21-2011, 04:44 AM
If you go to

x:\Steam\steamapps\common\cloning clyde\data\rawPCOnlyData\

where x is the drive you installed steam in, usually it will be something like

c:\Program files\Steam\steamapps\common\cloning clyde\data\rawPCOnlyData\

and edit the defaultOptions.ini you can put in what ever resolution you like, mine I set at 1920x1080, but the fullscreen is broken, neither 0 or 1 gives you fullscreen.

Hope that helps a little.
:confused:

T@F
03-21-2011, 05:03 AM
I'm guessing you guys tried alt & enter.

tonka
03-21-2011, 06:32 AM
I'm guessing you guys tried alt & enter.

Yes, but no works.

Topshmups
03-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Kind of works but unless you hide the task bar the bottom of the screen is blocked by it. Also the window doesn't always open in the centre of the screen.

Still waiting for a reply to my email

jeyefunk
03-21-2011, 10:52 AM
Hi, sorry it's taken so long to respond, I had a long weekend away from the office.
I'll be responding to the individual email within the next couple of hours, but basically we believe we have a fix for it, and it should be pushed up to Steam soon. (Sadly, I can't give a more exact time frame then that.)
Thanks for buying Clyde, and for your patience while we work this bug out.

Jason Freston

Wahoo QA

Topshmups
03-21-2011, 12:26 PM
great look forward to it being fixed so i can play it how it should be. Still loving the game though

epsylon_Z1
03-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Hi, sorry it's taken so long to respond, I had a long weekend away from the office.
I'll be responding to the individual email within the next couple of hours, but basically we believe we have a fix for it, and it should be pushed up to Steam soon. (Sadly, I can't give a more exact time frame then that.)
Thanks for buying Clyde, and for your patience while we work this bug out.

Jason Freston

Wahoo QAAs i see you received my email . :)

jeyefunk
03-21-2011, 01:17 PM
I did indeed get it. Sorry it took so long to respond. I was out of the office on Friday, and there was a bunch of queued up email I had to go though.

epsylon_Z1
03-21-2011, 01:21 PM
I did indeed get it. Sorry it took so long to respond. I was out of the office on Friday, and there was a bunch of queued up email I had to go though.I think we need an official Cloning Clyde game forum in here (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53) . Can you create one ?

jeyefunk
03-21-2011, 01:39 PM
I think we need an official Cloning Clyde game forum in here (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53) . Can you create one ?

I don't think we can do it ourselves, we'll need to request a forum from Steam. I'll pass the word up to the people that can make that request.

epsylon_Z1
03-21-2011, 01:44 PM
I don't think we can do it ourselves, we'll need to request a forum from Steam. I'll pass the word up to the people that can make that request.Thanks .

Nevilock(BWG)
03-22-2011, 08:25 AM
We have an official Cloning Clyde section now!

jeyefunk
03-22-2011, 09:39 AM
We have an official Cloning Clyde section now!

Awesome! That was faster then I expected!

dcpak
03-23-2011, 02:55 PM
A few seconds ago my Cloning Clyde has updated itself.
Then it stopped to work. When I start it, there appears game window for a blink of the eye and then it closes. I've tried to change settings using ClydeSettings.exe and forced it to work, and here is what I tried:
it works on 640x480 with fs unchecked
it works on 640x480 with fs checked (not looking pretty though)
it works on 1280x720 with fs unchecked
but it doesn't work at all on 1280x720 with fs checked

so then I've edited a file \Steam\steamapps\common\cloning clyde\data\rawPCOnlyData\defaultOptions.ini
providing fullscreen=1 and as resolution my native display resolution:
[Resolution]
resolutionW=1680
resolutionH=1050

Now it works perfectly.

isolated1
03-23-2011, 06:05 PM
Can you add a config file option or in game option to play in 120hz on a 120hz 3d vision lcd? Thanks, and fun game.

copsofhalo
03-23-2011, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the full screen now. The 3d in the game is good! Just picked up my nvidia 3d glasses this week. Hope there are more games just like this or series coming out soon. Thanks for using Xbox controller support too. Love it! Thanks again!

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.67GHz
Lynnfield 45nm Technology
RAM
4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 660MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard
MSI P55-CD53 (MS-7586) (CPU1)

Graphics
ASUS VG236 @ 1920x1080
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

Hard Drives
293GB Western Digital WDC WD3000HLFS-01G6U3 ATA Device (SATA)

Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS40 ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Topshmups
03-24-2011, 10:12 AM
Super quick update everything works fine now back to cloning clyde

Sheen_ES
07-04-2011, 09:27 PM
Really, this game is fantastic. Very, very funny. Great work devs. ;)

Regards.

Captain Jax
07-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Thank you! We're always happy to hear it when people enjoy our work. If you like Cloning Clyde, I'd suggest trying out the demo for Ancients of Ooga, as it is the "spiritual successor" of the game, and very similar in style.

Sheen_ES
07-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Really? I didn't know. I'll try for sure. I have just to see the video and looks like very interesting. Thanks!! :)

Regards.

KrAyZ!3
09-15-2011, 08:09 PM
the wife is loving it on her laptop,wish i did bought a copy for myself.