PDA

View Full Version : Brown screen of death?

Vee
03-17-2011, 03:52 PM
So, randomly, after everyone loads and we're about to start the game, the screen goes brown and nothing but audio plays. I'm forced to alt-f4and the game is ruined.

Anyone else get this?

joker445
03-17-2011, 04:59 PM
wow never had that happen before
never even heard of it

Nukaazul
03-17-2011, 05:16 PM
More then likely your drivers crashed.
Update your drivers or did you over-clock?

Sykes119
03-17-2011, 09:04 PM
Naw, I'll update his drivers for him. They are outdated. He recently upgraded to a different computer, which has an nVidia Quadro, a workstation card, not really designed for gaming.

RasCaelestis
07-28-2011, 08:53 PM
I've gotten that too, but a few seconds after the screen goes brown, my computer just shuts off. It only ever happens when I'm playing TF2, and it's happened a few times in random online games and once in an LAN game with my brother.

Edit: Found out what was wrong. It had nothing to do with TF2, and everything to do with my computer's cruddy power supply giving out on me. When it died, my graphics card didn't get cooled properly and it overheated. Sadly, neither could be saved, bu I was able to get upgrades for both, and everything's been fine since then. It originally only happened in TF2, but then it started happening randomly no matter what I was doing, which made me realize something was broken on my end.

Nukaazul
08-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Ehh..The game is shutdown now Ras..