PDA

View Full Version : Just another frag video...

Chris C177
03-19-2011, 11:08 AM
Yeah, its fairly bad, but I thought some of you might enjoy it, so here ya go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hEbwDOGWkw

I know I'm not amazing, I'm just a fairly average pub player, I've done a few pcw's, but nothing huge. Oh, and none of it is from stomps, just thought I'd make that clear before someone says "lolol, ubad stomper quading, l2play"

Cheers.

NaturalSky
03-19-2011, 12:27 PM
The reason public material (atleast for me) is looked down upon is because the significanze of the attack is near to none. If you had been pounced by almost any of those hunters, you would have been saved most likely with little damage.

Never the less, as i posted on the youtube comment, you have potential. But l4d isn't really all about individual skill :d.

Chris C177
03-19-2011, 12:36 PM
The reason public material (atleast for me) is looked down upon is because the significanze of the attack is near to none. If you had been pounced by almost any of those hunters, you would have been saved most likely with little damage.

Never the less, as i posted on the youtube comment, you have potential. But l4d isn't really all about individual skill :d.
Thanks, and yes, that's probably true. Partly I made this video because I wanted to show that there are decent players in pubs (I'm not talking about myself here, more about the opponents) and it isn't just full of lolbad hunters, like some professional players seem to think. I also wanted to show that even with a pub team who you've never played with before, teamwork is still certainly possible, which is why I included the quadcap. In a way I was hoping to counter, I suppose, some of the misconceptions a few professional players seem to have about public games and players.

NaturalSky
03-19-2011, 12:46 PM
Thanks, and yes, that's probably true. Partly I made this video because I wanted to show that there are decent players in pubs (I'm not talking about myself here, more about the opponents) and it isn't just full of lolbad hunters, like some professional players seem to think. I also wanted to show that even with a pub team who you've never played with before, teamwork is still certainly possible, which is why I included the quadcap. In a way I was hoping to counter, I suppose, some of the misconceptions a few professional players seem to have about public games and players.

Well, personally, i evolved from a pubstar (guy that play's a lot of public games and is skilled in his own play), to playing competitive matches and even cup matches here and there. It is all about meeting the right people and the willingness to do so.

I know there's good public players out there, but i think your doing yourself harm not playing on more competitive mods with good players and teams. Because these types of games are way more fun and interesting.

NabsterHax
03-19-2011, 12:49 PM
The production of the video is very good. The smooths, the music, not over the top editing, etc. are all excellent, imo.

And for an "average pub player" your frags aren't too bad. I was honestly expecting to regret watching it, with the amount of bad videos flying around, but you surprised me. Good job.

Chris C177
03-19-2011, 12:49 PM
Well, personally, i evolved from a pubstar (guy that play's a lot of public games and is skilled in his own play), to playing competitive matches and even cup matches here and there. It is all about meeting the right people and the willingness to do so.

I know there's good public players out there, but i think your doing yourself harm not playing on more competitive mods with good players and teams. Because these types of games are way more fun and interesting.

I've done several mixes, and I am interested in getting more into the competitive scene, where would you recommend starting with the competitive aspect of it all?

The production of the video is very good. The smooths, the music, not over the top editing, etc. are all excellent, imo.

And for an "average pub player" your frags aren't too bad. I was honestly expecting to regret watching it, with the amount of bad videos flying around, but you surprised me. Good job.

NaturalSky
03-19-2011, 12:51 PM
I've done several mixes, and I am interested in getting more into the competitive scene, where would you recommend starting with the competitive aspect of it all?

I think mix's will be the best place to start, i have many people spam the L4D1 is back steam group, but this is only really for pcw's (team 4v4's). And getting into mix's is all about knowing people, and having a decent enough skill to survive in them.

DominusX
03-19-2011, 01:08 PM
Are you all euros?

NaturalSky
03-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Are you all euros?

Why? o_o, and yes.

NabsterHax
03-19-2011, 04:48 PM
It's not so easy to get into playing roto and mixes frequently, unfortunately.

When my team dissolved i was left with maybe 1 or 2 roto players on my list, and i basically had to elbow my way into games and just add everyone who played.

You just have to build your friends list up with good players who play regularly.

NaturalSky
03-19-2011, 07:37 PM
and just add everyone who played.

I see why you added me >_>. :(.

NabsterHax
03-20-2011, 06:25 AM
I see why you added me >_>. :(.

Noooo, Natural, i added you because you're a cool guy and a good player. :D

I only added lots of random people for a little while, just so i could get more mixes and find guys like you.

MalloryKnox
03-20-2011, 07:11 AM
When my team dissolved i was left with maybe 1 or 2 roto players on my list, and i basically had to elbow my way into games and just add everyone who played.

Is this a roundabout way of saying you miss me Nabs? ;)

Chris C177
03-20-2011, 08:28 AM
My thread now seems to of turned into a social gathering...oh well :D

NabsterHax
03-20-2011, 10:31 AM
Is this a roundabout way of saying you miss me Nabs? ;)

No, its a roundabout way of saying FU. :D

Rly, tho. I need a team. Mixes are making me cry with boredom.

Lenn89
03-21-2011, 12:30 AM
No, its a roundabout way of saying FU. :D

Rly, tho. I need a team. Mixes are making me cry with boredom.

Noone wants a baddie.

NabsterHax
03-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Noone wants a baddie.

Lennon, I presume.

Your speaking from experience then? :D